Are demigods healthy for the game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are demigods healthy for the game?

i want to say that this game is amazingly fun and i can only wait to see what comes next in the future. My main concern is about demigods i understand there should be bots as the player density is not here yet and it is still fun to play versus the bots on the ranked ladder. The main issue i see is that you have to make certain builds specifically to beat the demigods which you probably do not want to use versus a real player and i assume the top players would rather fight an actual player opposed to a demigod. Not sure how to remedy this but high ranked players having to fight long grueling demigod fights can start to be disheartening.

How about just mirroring player builds for asynchronous play? To clarify, you just have the AI play an existing player build under an alias. The AI would need some tuning and there would need to be some logic behind rating, but at a glance, it seems like a viable option to add some variety.

Comment

That is kind of what already happens in lower ranks with bot builds, the main thing I am worried about is it limits builds in high rank as you cannot enter que with builds that would work versus actual players as they have little to no chance of beating demigods. Maybe it is not really an issue right now but in the future ranked que's should determine if you are good at beating top players/top player builds over beating "raid bosses" and again this is not negativity as beating demigods can be fun too just not "competitive".

Comment

Originally posted by GEARCHECKSAREDIFFICULT View Post
        ... the main thing I am worried about is it limits builds in high rank as you cannot enter que with builds that would work versus actual players as they have little to no chance of beating demigods.
        This has been very accurate for me lately.
        Even though fighting demi-gods is not hard, it can be time consuming and frustrating, if you run into a regular player with a "farming" build for example.

I know that bots in ranked are just a temporary solution, but nevertheless I think their builds should be randomly selected from certain tiers, not set for certain ratings.

Comment

They are, for the most part. It's just that the spread is only one or two hundred. So once you hit about 3200 the only bots close to you are the demigods. Then once you hit 3500 you get 500 points away and so it randomizes among bots in the 2700-3000 range or so.

Comment

I've been deliberately holding myself at 3k so I can get a variety of opponents... Are you saying I could get the same or better at3. 5k?

Comment

Yup. Just be aware that all bots you play between about 3200 and 3500 will be demigods and progress will be slow. From 3400-3500 you only get 3 or 4 ratings points per win.

Comment

Working...
              X