Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various questions

Hi, I have various questions:

1- are there some conditions required to parry and evade attacks? E.g: all characters or only some with some weapon?

2- can Medals activate an additional perk to the hero's "natural" one, or do they just override that? (what's the point otherwise?)

3- does Resilience create its special card from one in the deck? If so, it has some downsides..

4- isn't it possible to change the deck in any way? Its complete randomness becomes a main factor in matches..
    Last edited by phaolo; 07-08-2018, 05:03 PM.

In order:
    -addional perk,unless you are using the same perk and medal, then the higher one overrides instead of stacking.
    -creates an additional token instead of taking one from your deck. This is also true of any item that says it will provide a certain token.
    -No, but the witches clairvoyant token can reshuffle your current hand tokens. I think the randomness somewhat levels the playing field though.
    -evade works like critical hits, so stack it to evade more. To Parry you need to have a two handed weapon and not use it when it is still available to use at the end your turn (and not use it).
    You can also equip the ice blade which parry's every turn as a passive.

Comment

Thanks.
      Btw, today I got a "lost server connection" during an Arena fight.. not sure how that can even happen.. the game isn't demanding at all and my connection is quite good..

Comment

Originally posted by phaolo View Post
        Thanks.
        Btw, today I got a "lost server connection" during an Arena fight.. not sure how that can even happen.. the game isn't demanding at all and my connection is quite good..
        The developers are looking into this

Comment

- Is the arena reward granted only after 5 fights?
          Btw I'm not sure if it's worth it, due to the entry price, only 2x prize and difficulty..

- are the medals worth it? They have nice bonuses, but the perks maybe aren't too great.
          I was thinking about getting the Mastery medal, but only the Resilience one has good stats for a crusader with a shield.
          And that 15k price is huge..

- are witches are a bit OP? (at least against crusaders with a shield)
          All those magic and multiple attacks.. I barely defeated one with 75 less HP than me.. O_o
          What's the best strategy against them?
          Last edited by phaolo; 07-11-2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

The medals are pretty great. I have the III medals from season 1, and the bonuses they give are quite strong. Medal of Cruelty, for example, with +2 main hand, +2 off hand, and +2 starting AP lets you start banging away on turn one with two hand weapons. Or on turn 1 with a big beat stick like Atlantean Sword.

Witches are probably a bit OP. One thing to do about witches: go play witches. They're trickier to learn, but powerful to play. So play one to learn one as a means of defeating them.

Comment

Originally posted by David (Support) View Post
              The medals are pretty great. I have the III medals from season 1, and the bonuses they give are quite strong. Medal of Cruelty, for example, with +2 main hand, +2 off hand, and +2 starting AP lets you start banging away on turn one with two hand weapons. Or on turn 1 with a big beat stick like Atlantean Sword.
              Yeah, probably the Cruelty medal is the most versatile one. I'd waste the +2oh on my crusader, tho (he's my main character).
              However, I saw some characters already powerful without them, so I must be careful with my purchase.
              EDIT: I noticed they are also granted as rewards, so I'll just wait for the prize (level 1)

Witches are probably a bit OP. One thing to do about witches: go play witches. They're trickier to learn, but powerful to play. So play one to learn one as a means of defeating them.
              I've actually already played all the characters, even if I own average-good equipment only for my crusader and berserker.
              It will take a while to gain the required gold for the rest..
              Last edited by phaolo; 07-13-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

[..]
                Uh.. something isn't right.. in the Ladder list there's a guy (N1ght5h4d3_mf) with 0% wins but at 1269 rating O_o
                Last edited by phaolo; 07-13-2018, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phaolo View Post
                  Uh.. something isn't right.. in the Ladder list there's a guy (N1ght5h4d3_mf) with 0% wins but t 1269 rating O_o
                  That "mf" makes me think it's a making fun user (internal). But we will check, thanks!

Comment

That "mf" makes me think it's a making fun user (internal). But we will check, thanks!
                    2 more now.. O_o
                    RobSol and Robinshops2 (1300 rating)
                    No "mf" this time.

--

Btw, some achievs with % seem a bit bugged.
                    They don't trigger when the required value has been reached, but only when it has been overcome.

E.g:
                    - Knight at 20 wins still showed 9X% something and then triggered at 21 wins.
                    - now Combatant is at 98%, but I already won 50 matches. EDIT: obtained at 51
                    Last edited by phaolo; 07-13-2018, 10:55 PM.

Comment

2 new ones:
                      - Surkine rating 1475
                      - Andacht79 rating1479

Do I still need to report these?

Comment

No, these are not bugs. People who ranked legendary last season start at 1500, with a 0% win rate. In the cases you reported these people lost their first battle or few battles for the other people you are reporting.

Comment

[..]
                          Btw guys, you should really separate the rank level for each character.
                          I'm currently at ~1500 with one class and I'll never be able to use the other 3 weak ones against such powerful enemies..

Comment

Uh guys.. there's another problem.
                            I saw an assassin build that consisted on staying in stealth and accumulating dmg bonuses via tokens, which never expired.

If I attacked them and they evaded, they gained +1 dmg that multiplied.
                            If I didn't attack them, they just passed the turn without doing anything (after the first ones).

They waited like 10+ turns, so I fed up, attacked one time and they gained +8 immediately.. then passed again.. until they reached humongous numbers..
                            You should really add some finite duration to "next attack" tokens..

Frankly, I don't even know if it's possible to defeat such build as a Crusader, without a way to dispel the buffs or overcome the evade skill..
                            Maybe with 2 "hammer" tokens + reflect at the beginning (before your hand fills up and you'll start wasting some), never attacking with weapons until the final turns when the stealth is briefly down after an attack, so you could win due to higher health (you'll need some healing tokens too).

All requiring a ton of luck.

--

Btw, your +100 gold bonus on defeat fails like 2\3 times (without a chance to retry) due to server connection failures..
                            Last edited by phaolo; 07-23-2018, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Crusader is definitely more challenging to play and in my opinion is not as well balanced as the other classes in terms of items and skills late game. I actually do not see many in the 3000s. Jermight and davidwc09 are the only ones I have played against. Using weapons that you can attack multiple times with is the key to success. Certainly with evade, you can get screwed on rng, I have split wins with assassin's because of this. Same with critical hit builds.
                              That being said I have beat Barb's that have a weapon that ignores shields and shield users with lost gladius as well as demigod bots fairly consistently.
                              Nevans build based on the Divine shard is basically useless against skilled human players, so you should switch if you are using that build.
                              As a fellow crusader some builds to consider (they are not cheap)

Toth scepter weapon, shield of choice, wolf spirit pelt, medal of reliance iii. I have seen a varient with draconian seal that I think works well also. Thiis build is more difficult against shield users though. Reforged beacon with mastery perk and pretorian band works good, but again not against shield users or at least high defense ones like demigods.

Blade of Ra, spirit wolf shield, spirit wolf trinket with charges that gives 5 to def and damage, and medal of reliance iii or spirit wolf pelt or the critical hit medal iii. This build is more consistent.

If it makes you feel better, I find high level assasins the most difficult to play against, because of mismtach in skills. We need a way to force them to attack or having a positive buff dispel token would balance this a bit better. You can get a trinket with 3 charges for this, but I have not had much luck with such builds yet.

​​​​​

​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X