Seriously....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously....

Witch vs Witch in the 2.9k-3k bracket. I was up 151 to 8 HP, she drops 3 Magic Missles plus basic attacks and other actions and wrecks me for over 170 damage in one turn. FML
    Attached Files

Gae Bulg?

Comment

Banshee Shiv main hand and Heart of the Storm off hand. Cant remember the trinkets.

Comment

Played against a similar build today - potential bug with Banshee Shiv, magic damage effect stacks, it then gets transferred to Weapon damage via Crystal Skull.

- Banshee Shiv (Each time you recover AP, gain 3 magic damage this turn) - this stacks, even though the description doesn't mention it... (bug?)
        - Heart of the Storm (Each time you deal damage: 30% chance of Magic Missile token)
        - Crystal Skull (Gain weapon damage equal to your current magic damage bonus until next attack)
        - Signet of Binding (All tokens cost -2 AP for both players next turn)
        - Mastery perk (for AP recovery chance)
        Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

That's the same build that I fought and had my issue.

I was also wondering if it was a Bug on the Banshee because it never stopped gaining. In the photo you can see it was up to over +30 magic damage for the final turn with MM hitting for 44 47 and 50 with 0 tokens in my hand.

Comment

Not a bug at all.

Banshee shiv stacks magic damage on AP gain and crystal skull concerts magic into weapon damage. This allows players to easily get ~+20 magic damage then use crystal skull to add that to weapon damage allowing magic missile to hit for 50+ quite easily.

Comment

It's just one of the many combo builds out there. Like the crusader who can deal 150+ damage in a single attack using a Toth, Draconian Seal, Radiant Relic, Mastery..

Comment

Banshee Shiv does say each time, which implies it's adding up to get one large bonus, but it should last just the one turn. That language has seemed straightforward to me, but do others read it differently?

Comment

Originally posted by David (Support) View Post
                  Banshee Shiv does say each time, which implies it's adding up to get one large bonus, but it should last just the one turn. That language has seemed straightforward to me, but do others read it differently?
                  It's the whole "effects do not stack unless stated" thing (or something like that) that makes certain description inconsistent. "Each time" does imply "addition/stack", which is similar to those Reforged weapons for the Assassin, I suppose. Don't personally have any issue with how it works, just minor description confusion - the implication of "each time" vs the explicit "unless stated" note that can show up during match loading...

(slightly off-topic) I'm slowly going through all the items and compiling a "potential cleanup" email, eg. the latest change to those quick weapons make the wording annoying:
                  - "Each time..." which got qualified with "(once per turn)" => "Once per turn: when you critical hit with this weapon, you can use it again"
                  Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 10 Aug 2018)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Remember people this game is 70% luck so these things are going to happen. You can do 150 damage with anything if the stars align.

Comment

Some people like RNG-based builds, like heavy crit reliance, and some go for more RNG-free builds. Luck is a fuzzy concept, but I prefer games with some element of chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X