Ironbound

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beautiful match! Endless Infinity! (aka the SOSC complaint thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Beautiful match! Endless Infinity! (aka the SOSC complaint thread)

    If it were not for the end of the shifts the match would never end. Huahuahua !!!

    https://i.postimg.cc/vBR7nxyD/Jogo-Eterno.png





  • #2
    Nice.
    I'm using a crusader with Second Chance and Radiant Relic. With Spirit Wolf Skull, I have 15 AP naturally. I've lost only to an assassin like you faced here. He used numbing potions to slow my own cycling and was getting great token draws.

    Comment


    • #3
      Guess I'll be the first one to say those +30HP per turn, turn out the opponent decks are Bull sh*t and require 0 skill or brain capacity. I say those players only use those builds because they cant win any other way.

      Comment


      • #4
        People will use whatever wins. Second Chance in tandem with Wanderer items is a problem imo. Players will use whatever is shown to win. Some clever folks figure out these combos, and others follow suit. I think that's quite normal. As an aside, I have always found it intriguing how players will find wrinkles that the designer didn't catch, in all manners of games.

        Comment


        • #5
          A moderately powerful (has other uses) trinket that allows destruction or theft of an opponents card might nerf the wanderer builds. Kind of like a variant of Voodoo Doll trinket. Does black pearl exchange a token if you have none if your own hand?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Earlomorton View Post
            A moderately powerful (has other uses) trinket that allows destruction or theft of an opponents card might nerf the wanderer builds. Kind of like a variant of Voodoo Doll trinket. Does black pearl exchange a token if you have none if your own hand?
            Black Pearl does not swap a token where there is none to swap.

            And wait for the next class to come out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Players could potentially "counter" Wanderers by always leaving one token in hand.

              It may just be how I'm playing, but sometimes I actually find it really hard to use all my tokens. Luck out and end up criting a lot with tokens in hand when using Second Chance, and then the reverse when using Dire Charm. Oh well, that's just how things end up sometimes.
              Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

              Eternium Guides:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nhat View Post
                Players could potentially "counter" Wanderers by always leaving one token in hand.
                The wanderers by themselves are easy to counter in the manner you describe. It's the wanderers plus second chance that Weemoe is disparaging. This combo can be beat, but you typically have to be able to do 200 dmg before they begin cycling, or 200 dmg in a turn if you are not yourself using Second Chance and some form of reliable heal. All options are fairly pricey in my mind.

                Originally posted by David (Support) View Post

                Black Pearl does not swap a token where there is none to swap.

                And wait for the next class to come out.
                Pirates do steal things...
                Last edited by Earlomorton; 11-10-2018, 06:34 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  There are crusader builds that can still do well over 200 in a turn. I was messing around with a second shard build and came up against a build I used last season...Despite knowing how the build was played my token cycling eventually caught up. I did learn that choas crystal can take opponent tokens as well. I think the wander/second shard might be a little overpowered as David implied, at least against other crusader builds. Wait. ..crusader build overpowered...that doesn't sound right....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yes suddenly there are some very overpowered crusader builds... which i hate lol
                    RIKI TETO TUXI 5830

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I will use this topic, since this games of my lately are usually really "endless"(+-30 turns is normal, specially vs bots and vs crusader even 40 turns).

                      OP Crusader builds you say?
                      Well I have played with heal crusader build - if I survive the start of the game (vs players), they are usually dead sooner or later(if they dont have the same build based on spending all tokens -> heal).
                      I use this items: Durendal, Wanderer Shield, Shard of Second Chance and Radiand Relic
                      The main strategy is to burn asap starting tokens while defending as much as possible, then it will became a balancing game between my HP and attack power.
                      I in fact doent need to use my main weapon at all and I still can kill the enemy, since the Radiand Relic can do pretty nice dmg, but I wont do anything while I am at 200 HP , so I have to let the enemy do some dmg to me. That is usually the time I use my main weapon and while in healing -> dmg phase, I save the dmg stacked buffs for bonus healing from wpn
                      It is a very annoying build I bet, specially when berserkers or witches get me down to around 20 HP, but when the game finish, I am at the 170 - 200 HP

                      Some interesting screens:
                      Look at the AP count, and it will raise (but I dont have a chance to spent them all, so... , but AP burning trinket would be godlike)










































                      End screen, whith a little bit healing done and tokens played

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jimmy_IB View Post
                        I will use this topic, since this games of my lately are usually really "endless"(+-30 turns is normal, specially vs bots and vs crusader even 40 turns).

                        OP Crusader builds you say?
                        Well I have played with heal crusader build - if I survive the start of the game (vs players), they are usually dead sooner or later(if they dont have the same build based on spending all tokens -> heal).
                        I use this items: Durendal, Wanderer Shield, Shard of Second Chance and Radiand Relic
                        The main strategy is to burn asap starting tokens while defending as much as possible, then it will became a balancing game between my HP and attack power.
                        I in fact doent need to use my main weapon at all and I still can kill the enemy, since the Radiand Relic can do pretty nice dmg, but I wont do anything while I am at 200 HP , so I have to let the enemy do some dmg to me. That is usually the time I use my main weapon and while in healing -> dmg phase, I save the dmg stacked buffs for bonus healing from wpn
                        It is a very annoying build I bet, specially when berserkers or witches get me down to around 20 HP, but when the game finish, I am at the 170 - 200 HP

                        Some interesting screens:
                        Look at the AP count, and it will raise (but I dont have a chance to spent them all, so... , but AP burning trinket would be godlike)










































                        End screen, whith a little bit healing done and tokens played
                        That set up is the most zero skill set up I have ever come across. See these endless heal set ups and just think, that is exactly what a snowflake would use.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's a design issue, really. Someone finds a build that exploits some combo really well, and that combo proliferates. That's normal in a game like this. The designers will have to decide how to approach this particular design issue in order to change things.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't even bother playing the endless healers any more, they are just boring players. The only goal is to play as many tokens as possible in any random order. Easy to beat if you just save up AP, find an attack that does 200hp+, Beserker rage with some quick strikes, build up an initial first shot of 40+. Again it's just so boring and zero skill to beat as well, just a waiting game.

                            Maybe they should have a league all to their own where they can fight for 100 turns and bore themselves to death.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              One change coming in the next patch is that wanderer items won't stack.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X