Ironbound

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pirrrrrate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pirrrrrate

    What's everyone's impression of the pirate class so far? What builds are ye experimenting with? Do ye think this class is on parrr with the others?

  • #2
    Definitely on par, just bloody expensive to get a decent setup. Stinks of trying to extract money out of you.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RAFERS102 View Post
      Definitely on par, just bloody expensive to get a decent setup. Stinks of trying to extract money out of you.
      Play 5k arena and money is infinite.

      Comment


      • #4
        The gameplay of this new class is quite interesting, although I cannot understand what a Pirate deal with the other classes... it looks very strange to me. I would expect rather a bandit more than a Pirate, but probably it's marketing....
        However, I tested a Pirate build with a black pearl against a witch and I found that witch offhand items can use all my pirate tokens that I thought to be reserved to pistols (such as 'mutiny') ...
        I wander if this is really wanted or if it's a bug.
        Last edited by Leomar; 12-13-2018, 08:11 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          I've noticed the same thing. Surprised to see 'gun' damage buffing their orb. If the developers decide to change this, then I'm definately going to try out a black pearl build. Filling your opponents hand with tokens they cant use sounds hilarious.

          I like how many outs the pirate has. Seems like a very durable class with 2x 50% misses, 1 x disarm, 2 x negate damage, 2x heals and access to a double disarm trinket.

          Comment


          • #6
            More: I had a Crusader that heals with Marooned and double his main weapon damage with black powder, I must suppose he was not drunk...
            It is certainly a bug, devs didn't check the behaviour of pirates token on other classes for now.
            Definitely I will try a black pearl build too, for my pirate class, but I am going to wait next season.
            Have fun.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think letting other classes use those tokens may change. I'll have to ask.

              Comment


              • #8
                My Build:

                Needle Poniard (4 dmg 30% crit tripples base DMG if u suffer a crit does 3 Dot dmg for 2 Rounds on crit)
                Low's Blunderbus (10 dmg 20% crit)
                Brute Armband (+5% crit +1 Offhand DMG per crit u deal)
                Greater Dire Charm (+1 Damage for Main and Offhand 5%crit heals u for 5 per crit)
                Cruelty Mastery 5

                Overall
                55% Main Hand crit chance
                45% Off Hand crit chance

                Each crit heals u for 5 and increases your off hand Damage by one.
                Retilation may both trinkets procc if u crit.
                So the main Goal is to get drunk as fast as u can and stay drunk the entire Figt. Bottle of Rum is your best friend.
                Needle does 13 dmg after u suffer a critical hit plus 6 from the dot so it is no weak mainhand weapon.


                Funny when two Pirates face off with active retilation Bottle. Playing Ping Pong for about 10 Shots and then u heal for 20 and getting 4 Points Offhand Damage.

                But the fact that other classes can benefit from yuor tokens while u have to be drunk to benefit from them seems kind of odd to me. Either remove the prequisition for all classes or no benefit for non drunken classes.
                Pirate is the only class who only benefits from most of his tokens while being in his class special state.
                Last edited by Gobbel; 12-15-2018, 12:07 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by StevenA View Post

                  Play 5k arena and money is infinite.
                  Are you on crack? The arena is complete luck. You can't choose who you face so if you come up against one of those hide behind stealth snowflakes when you've got a Beserker set then it's 5k gone everytime.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RAFERS102 View Post

                    Are you on crack? The arena is complete luck. You can't choose who you face so if you come up against one of those hide behind stealth snowflakes when you've got a Beserker set then it's 5k gone everytime.
                    So it's complete luck that I own every expensive item in the store and have over 150k on me now even after buying pirate gear? If you can't win more often than you lose I don't think you should blame others for that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Not only are other classes able to use pirate unique tokens, they actually perform better with other classes than they do for the pirate herself. They also get the class special state bonus on Pirate tokens, which does not occur with any other class' tokens. I can't imagine that was intended.
                      RIKI TETO TUXI 5830

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by StevenA View Post

                        So it's complete luck that I own every expensive item in the store and have over 150k on me now even after buying pirate gear? If you can't win more often than you lose I don't think you should blame others for that.
                        Yes that is complete luck.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Atheera View Post
                          Not only are other classes able to use pirate unique tokens, they actually perform better with other classes than they do for the pirate herself. They also get the class special state bonus on Pirate tokens, which does not occur with any other class' tokens. I can't imagine that was intended.
                          This will change.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Gobbel
                            First off, how is everyone inputting, the "OP" bubbles, when responding to a certain post?
                            Second, and on topic discussion, the Brute Armband should have been capped along with Protector Armband. That's all I have to say on this matter.
                            P.S.
                            SOSC should be scrapped. Mindless item, I says.
                            What is peace, without war?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Suppose I should add, that a Samurai character, only wielding two-handed blades and spears, with a modded version of parry called "Discipline", or "Honored", as his special state, would have better suited the game's aesthetic, IMO. But, it would have afforded less available pop reference and joke opportunities.
                              What is peace, without war?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X