• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck is this?!

Can someone PLEASE explain this?! +1?!
    Attached Files

What are you trying to ask?

Comment

I believe this is due to the new match-maker range - since gonor' rating (2876) is much higher than the opponent (2240), the victory only gave +1 rating value - difference in rating is 636

Edit:
      You can see a "close flip side" of this in the history:
      - 2880 vs Abba (3136) => dropped 7 rating for losing, due to the rating difference of 256

But I suppose people tend to focus more on the low gain than low lost...
      Last edited by Nhat; 01-24-2019, 11:51 PM.
      Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:(I'm no longer updating any of the above, feel free to use anything there and make updated versions, for them - if you wish)

Comment

Originally posted by David (Support) View Post
        What are you trying to ask?
        I was asking how I only got 1 for that win.

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
          I believe this is due to the new match-maker range - since gonor' rating (2876) is much higher than the opponent (2240), the victory only gave +1 rating value - difference in rating is 636

Edit:
          You can see a "close flip side" of this in the history:
          - 2880 vs Abba (3136) => dropped 7 rating for losing, due to the rating difference of 256

But I suppose people tend to focus more on the low gain than low lost...
          That you, most explanatory.

Comment

The developers opened the range to allow for more live matches. They're monitoring the data and collecting feedback. A lot of folks have have voiced dissatisfaction with the small gains and would prefer something like a floor of no less than 10 points.

Comment

Agreed, no less than 10.

Comment

Just wait until you lose to someone on the wrong end of a 700 point difference and your rank drops by 50 or 60... Having more live matches is nice, but the rank system definitely needs balancing. Man, a lot of people in the 2000 range have really good builds too. lol. And theres so much variety. It's far different than the 3000s where everyone is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Blahaha View Post
                  Just wait until you lose to someone on the wrong end of a 700 point difference and your rank drops by 50 or 60... Having more live matches is nice, but the rank system definitely needs balancing. Man, a lot of people in the 2000 range have really good builds too. lol. And theres so much variety. It's far different than the 3000s where everyone is the same.
                  Ya, I enjoy season reset because of the variety of builds I see in the 1000s to 2000s. At 3k, you can almost list the builds on one hand that you'll see.

Comment

Working...
                  X