Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DavidTheDavid (Producer)
    replied
    I have wondered if bots could surrender if some conditions were met, such as health under 50 and losing by 100+, or losing by X after Y turns.

Leave a comment:

• Atheera
    replied
    I guess my problem is, it seems that certain builds are nearly impossible for for any Witch to contend with. I'm sure I would go the distance against these slow builds if I felt I had at least a 50/50 chance of winning. The new Assassin builds, I maybe have a 10% shot, and perhaps 30-40% chance against some of the Crusader builds. For me, taking 15-20 minutes for little or no chance is just not fun.

Leave a comment:

• BAgate
    replied
    In arena both resilience and mastery crusader vs resilience berserker is a mirror situation. As for a solution, don't match them.

And as for 100% parry, I disagree vehemently. To get it I am doing something special (using a trinket slot that does nothing else) and it is ultimately controlled by your opponent. I can never decide I want 100% parry, my opponent has to make choices that give me 100%.

And no one seems to have a problem with permanent buffs that give you 30+ damage for 1 AP in endgame (with 2 classes having no way to deal with it absent specific items). Similar for defense (I've had opponents get shields with 20 defense by endgame, for single weapon users how is that different from 100% parry?).

O the priest build that can heal a virtually unlimited amount?

Or how about how Tyrfing completely owns DoT builds "without doing anything special"?

Every good build is supreme in a certain way, but has weaknesses that other builds can exploit. As I've pointed out in another thread there are numerous ways to deal with high parry, you just have to use them (just like you have to use items to deal with perm buffs, or healing, etc). But to dismiss 100% parry as 'uncool' when you don't dismiss those others isn't particularly fair (I seem to recall a conversation with you about perm buffs and crusader and assassin not being able to deal with them and your response wasn't that that 'wasn't cool' but to deal with it).

All that being said, if you wanted to drop it to 5% per AP I wouldn't have had as much of a problem, but 2%?

Leave a comment:

• Gerula (Developer)
    replied
    Personally i don't like slow builds either, but a lot of people do, so we have to offer them the chance to play. RNG is a necessary evil, without it we will have to play chess like games, with less replay value, In the last 6 months we tried to reduce the RNG impact as much as we could, dunno how much it feels or how well we did it. Even if BAgate might not agree, but 100% parry ain't cool, even more when you don't have to do anything special to achieve it.

In other words, its good for the game to have builds and styles of play from one head of the spectrum to thy other. The balance between this will always be something very difficult and I'm not sure that we will ever find that.

I always kept an eye on your suggestions on forum and i do not intend to stop. So, please, express your thoughts as often as you want

In arena you cant get a mirror build at the moment, the berserker shield build is pretty aggro in mirror, the only problem i think is resilience crusader vs resilience berserker, and i don't have a solution for that.

Leave a comment:

• Leomar
    replied
    Originally posted by BAgate View Post
    RNG will always lead to frustration (and I'm the king of bad luck). But personally, I don't have a problem with stealth/parry builds, that's just RNG the same way critical hit builds are. What annoys me are the arena matchups between shield users (talk about never finishing) and heal builds. Those aen't designed to win, just not to lose. That and the animation takes forever.
    Well, I can expect it by a crusader build, it's in its nature… personally with crusader I prefer using reflecting items, it can be less boring and it"s in the character nature as well.
    Unfortunately last patch lowered blightslayer reflecting damage…

Leave a comment:

• Leomar
    replied
    Originally posted by Zhero View Post
    Well to be honest that was a scaling parry build so it have over 50 percent
    Hi, you are meaning your trincket gave you an extra 25% of parry rating? I think to remember the buff icon did not notice it correctly. In other case it shows the total current parry .
    Same happens to DOTS + potent lucky stone, could be a little bug to report to devs?

Leave a comment:

• Zhero
    replied
    Well to be honest that was a scaling parry build so it have over 50 percent

Leave a comment:

• BAgate
    replied
    RNG will always lead to frustration (and I'm the king of bad luck). But personally, I don't have a problem with stealth/parry builds, that's just RNG the same way critical hit builds are. What annoys me are the arena matchups between shield users (talk about never finishing) and heal builds. Those aen't designed to win, just not to lose. That and the animation takes forever.

Leave a comment:

• Leomar
    replied
    Hi, I wish to tell you not to blame yourself, it happens sometimes to enrage. I confess me too, sometimes, lose patience...
    Just yesterday, after my hits have been parryed almost 10 times in a row in a berserker 's rage sequence... I got so upset that I just disconnect... I couldn't believe to be parried 10 times by a 25-30% parry stance...
    It could be because I played late at night, yeah, It is... But Iron bound Stats sometimes made me crazy.
    But it' s a nice game as well, and still on the the going, I guess.
    Have fun, bye.
    Leomar

Leave a comment:

• Atheera
    started a topic Losing patience

Losing patience

While I love the concept of this game, and have enjoyed playing it, I'm simply losing patience with it at this point. I'll be honest, I'm not a patient girl to begin with . And as some of you may know, I have always primarily enjoyed playing witch builds in this game. As far as witches go, I think I've put together some pretty good builds. However back to my lack of patience, I really do not enjoy when a match lasts more than 10 minutes. Now that there are these ridiculous Crusader builds that can easily heal more than 200 hp, and Assassin builds that are in stealth 100% of the time with 35-40% evade, it's just not fun. I have even found myself surrendering games that I could win against some of the bots just because I don't enjoy playing these opponents.

I know it's just me, and I'm ranting, and I'm probably just being a bratty girl, but I'm quickly losing interest when most of my opponents use these god awful, snail paced builds. I have tried them myself, and even get bored with my own character when playing lol.

Anyway, my whining session is over. I do like the concept of the game, and thank you to the devs. I'm sure I will still play, but will be using the surrender option quite often and per usual will likely be stalled on the ladder around where I normally reside
Working...
X