[S1] Builds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StevenA View Post
    The point I was making was that his build is hardly unique.

I see plenty of variety in the top 50 or so. It's all the same around 3-3.2k because people are trying to copy builds up progress further.

There has to be bots. If bots weren't there to keep the average players around 3k then the range of rating would climb drastically with nothing to control it meaning pvp would be even harder to find.

​​​​​​You can avoid bots by leaving the queue before it gives you one but an option to never give a bot would be easier.
    The point I was making is that no one is unique in the top 100, I have been top 30 for the past few weeks. See the same builds every time. At no point did I say mine was unique, my build was advised by others just to prove a point.

my point is and I will make it again, the top 100 is linear, very little to do with skill, I am a prime example of that, able to get into the top 100 with a 67% win rate. If you want to see more creative builds then drop into the 2k realm. You'll come across the generic top 100 builds occasionally, however you will find more diverse and challenging play in that area. You can experiment more and have a bit more fun and a bit more frustration at the same time.

My apologies for not realising this post was about S1.

Comment

Originally posted by RAFERS102 View Post

The point I was making is that no one is unique in the top 100, I have been top 30 for the past few weeks. See the same builds every time. At no point did I say mine was unique, my build was advised by others just to prove a point.

my point is and I will make it again, the top 100 is linear, very little to do with skill, I am a prime example of that, able to get into the top 100 with a 67% win rate. If you want to see more creative builds then drop into the 2k realm. You'll come across the generic top 100 builds occasionally, however you will find more diverse and challenging play in that area. You can experiment more and have a bit more fun and a bit more frustration at the same time.

My apologies for not realising this post was about S1.
      Addition, my other build was good enough to get me into the top 100, however very difficult against the 300HP whoptards.

Comment

Originally posted by Earlomorton View Post
        Was this every turn, or just when you played chain strikes? My build I'd get a heal approximately every third turn against non-shield users. Chain strike turns I'd get two heals sonetimes, but didn't rely on it.
        Right, I'm using chain. If lucky and get 2 chain, just got enough ap plus defender/BoL to get 3 heal on non-shielded player.

Comment

There was a time when everyone had an original build, but not many of us who remember that are still around and active. I for one have only ever regularly used one "copycat" build, an Ulfberht berserker build variation I believe introduced by Patarei (I could be mistaken here) to keep myself in the top for Season 1. However, I have always been partial to playing a Witch, and every Witch build I have played for an extended period of time I put together myself before seeing anyone else with a similar build.

That being said, it's really impossible now to tell who is a "copycat," there are only a limited number of effective combinations and anyone with some experience and enough gold can put together a common sense combination with any class. Each time new equipment comes out it's fun to put together your "own" new build, but you will quickly find that it is not uniquely your own.

So my advice, play a build that is fun for you whether you copied it or not. Sometimes start with a build you have seen before and make it your own (in you own opinion). My current Witch, which I believe is fairly uncommon from what I've seen, is fun to play and generally keeps me in the top 100, sometimes top 10. It will not beat everyone, and rarely beats some of the top demigods. It can be frustrating, or completely dominating depending on the luck of the tokens. But for now, it keeps me entertained until something new comes along lol. Play a build that is fun for you, and don't worry about everyone else!
          RIKI TETO TUXI 5830

Comment

Working...
          X