Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassin abuse?

Hi everyone!

I'm an absolute newbie here, just started about two weeks ago, am currently ranking at 2822 (I know, I'm a small fry heeeeeee).

Thing is, I'm still very much exploring the game and have found a love for my assassin and witch, and generally do not have much issues ranking with either human players or even bots. As a newbie, my winrate isn't great as I've lost a lot while learning the game but the most recent experience I had against this Uber assassin has made me question the balance in this game lol. While the drop in rank points and matching against people way OP than you is already a bit of a pain in the ass, this one has to be my top biggest pet peeve...I'll try to attach screenshots below.

In short, the enemy assassin, a certain VaultBoy went into stealth around turn 3 and basically started building his attack to a ridiculous amount over at least 15 turns (?) or so. At first I was attacking him alongside but noticed this must be some sort of troll build, with the Shard of Second Chance to finish his hand and getting more tokens. Basically when he finally decided to attack me, his damage was something close to 180...

May I ask if you guys have experienced this and if so, how to counter something like this?

I recalled facing a similar opponent a while ago, since Assassins don't have anything to remove enemy's buff, so there's no much you can do about it, Blackout would be great if it can't be evaded (hmm...). This was the reason I switched to Brisingr - stacking bleeds of 5 HP per turn for 2 turns; probably not the most effective build, but it keeps me entertained...
    Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:(I'm no longer updating any of the above, feel free to use anything there and make updated versions, for them - if you wish)

Comment

Originally posted by Nhat View Post
      I recalled facing a similar opponent a while ago, since Assassins don't have anything to remove enemy's buff, so there's no much you can do about it, Blackout would be great if it can't be evaded (hmm...). This was the reason I switched to Brisingr - stacking bleeds of 5 HP per turn for 2 turns; probably not the most effective build, but it keeps me entertained...
      Ngawwwww man. Well, on the one hand, I'm glad I'm not the only one that had this happen to, but on the other hand, it just plain sucks that this is how it is...

Well, good news is, I finally made it to Legend today (yay). 2 weeks since joining, grinded to my girlfriend's detriment (heeeeeee). Not gonna rank till January 2019! Lol.

Comment

We want to get to 1 month ranks. It's a small dev team, and they've had a lot of labor intensive work to deal with. Hopefully, they'll be past some big pieces soon and can focus on tightening seasons, improving rewards etc.

Comment

Such Assasin Builds work as intended i assume.
          The way to deal with it is to Burst them down before they are able to burst you down. Its pretty much luck based since they may have arround 30% Evasion. But Wanderer stuff got a nerv so they "only" Heal about 10 HP when they empty their Hand.
          There are some Weapons wich negate Evasion under certain circumstances twoo.
          Blackout can hit them verry hard if not evaded.

These Rogues are not invincible it just feels odd to get nuked down by just 1-3 hits instead of 20.

If u are losing a game its pretty much always because u delt less Damage then the Enemy. The number of Attacks doesnt realy matter though.
          Last edited by Gobbel; 12-15-2018, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gobbel View Post
            Such Assasin Builds work as intended i assume.
            The way to deal with it is to Burst them down before they are able to burst you down. Its pretty much luck based since they may have arround 30% Evasion. But Wanderer stuff got a nerv so they "only" Heal about 10 HP when they empty their Hand.
            There are some Weapons wich negate Evasion under certain circumstances twoo.
            Blackout can hit them verry hard if not evaded.

These Rogues are not invincible it just feels odd to get nuked down by just 1-3 hits instead of 20.

If u are losing a game its pretty much always because u delt less Damage then the Enemy. The number of Attacks doesnt realy matter though.
            You're not wrong. Just that for a newbie of two weeks to have this experience for the first time was quite the eye opener. I'll know what to do next time

Comment

I've been curious about a build like this for some time now. Since getting pretty good at winning in the arena I have a lot of extra gold, so I decided to test it just now.

As you can see, it was able to accumulate an extremely high attack power fairly quickly. However, with little damage being dealt in the interim, little defense and being easily countered by most witches, zerkers and pirates, it would not be very reliable. It might possibly be feasible with some adjustments in gear and technique, but meh, I doubt I'll experiment with it any further...

Still, it's interesting and shocking to see such a high attack power. Not to mention the longest chain of buffs I've ever seen by far... I think they were going to run off the screen. Lmao. Just imagine replacing the nightshade with that sword that steals enemy weapon buffs.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Blahaha View Post
                I've been curious about a build like this for some time now. Since getting pretty good at winning in the arena I have a lot of extra gold, so I decided to test it just now.

As you can see, it was able to accumulate an extremely high attack power fairly quickly. However, with little damage being dealt in the interim, little defense and being easily countered by most witches, zerkers and pirates, it would not be very reliable. It might possibly be feasible with some adjustments in gear and technique, but meh, I doubt I'll experiment with it any further...

Still, it's interesting and shocking to see such a high attack power. Not to mention the longest chain of buffs I've ever seen by far... I think they were going to run off the screen. Lmao. Just imagine replacing the nightshade with that sword that steals enemy weapon buffs.
                I also started experimenting with this build and have come to a conclusion that this should only be played by people without a pre-existing heart condition lol. My biggest stack was around 200+ but like you noticed, takes a huge risk along the way. Not only that, I've also found a great counter to this build (read: stacked damage over time). So all in all, it's great that there's a counter for everything that I've found in the game, there's always that one or two builds which can mess you up real good! Love how everything balances out really

Comment

Originally posted by TemptPlot View Post

I also started experimenting with this build and have come to a conclusion that this should only be played by people without a pre-existing heart condition lol. My biggest stack was around 200+ but like you noticed, takes a huge risk along the way. Not only that, I've also found a great counter to this build (read: stacked damage over time). So all in all, it's great that there's a counter for everything that I've found in the game, there's always that one or two builds which can mess you up real good! Love how everything balances out really
                  By the way, I think we played on ranked games a couple of days ago. I think I was on my witch and you were on your berserker (?). I won one round and then you won the next one and I never saw you again (I had a series of losses right afterwards so you most likely ranked upwards and left my noob butt behind hahaha)

Comment

The bigger issue are builds that allow for such high numbers. It's a tough one to address. All the stalker weapons can let you stack and stack and stack damage as long as you can stay alive. Whole classes of items would have to be redone. Maybe a simple up to 10 modifier could be attached to something like that. Add 1 damage each turn this is not used, to a maximum of 10.

Comment

I'm new to the forum, but not the game. I founded many players with that build and I have played it myself. I use a different build, but it work in the same way. Just get 200+ damage and kill with one hit.

The best counters are weapons that remove positive enemy effects when the attack score a critical damage or a damage it's dealt. Pretty much the best that you can find against them, but if you use this kind of weapons you will likely end to find an harder time against all other builds. :P

When I founded that kind of enemy build ( 4 times in total ), I just won half of the games. 1 time just bursted of damages in short time with my warrior and another time with my witch ( witches just burn down those thieves, as you will likely play with your power on all the time and you can easily remove all their accumulated buffs! Be carefull on burning them down first to ending your deck though ).

Comment

sincerely the trink shard of second scianse, combined with the assassin, has ruined the game, I uninstall it, or anyway how I find an opponent using this combo I do not waste time and use the surrender button, if the ironbound programmers have made this choice , which play with each other, the world is full of app games ...... compliments ahhahhahahahhaha

Comment

There's a pirate build that can make 22 damage at the first turn, 33 at the second and get even worst from the third. And you complain about that snail build? Really?

Comment

To be honest, I have both the stacked, one-hit kill assasin and the bleed damage over time time assasin builds, and honestly, it is much harder (and many times the anxiety) playing the evade-and-wait build for the one-hit kills. You are wholly dependent on the right tokens appearing at the right time, while taking as much hits or praying for evasion from the RNG god's the whole time. Not to mention the fact that also, you have quite a number of counters to your build. So all in all, it's quite a risk really.

Comment

Originally posted by Alein View Post
                              There's a pirate build that can make 22 damage at the first turn, 33 at the second and get even worst from the third. And you complain about that snail build? Really?
                              Oh trust me, the pirates have been giving me a nightmare, possibly far more than this assasin build. And also, I wrote this post before the pirate was released...so....ya

Comment

Working...
                              X