Since latest patch Oct 1 2018 still disconnecting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since latest patch Oct 1 2018 still disconnecting

The problem with not being able to play which I wrote about yesterday on kindle HD seems to be resolved. But my opponent (else cid bot) still disconnected...

Today I got a disconnect. During the time it was reconnecting on my tablet my foe got to take 2 or 3 turns!!! I was destroyed, needless to say. The opponent should have an option of halting with no penalty or waiting, but not taking multiple turns!!! This is worse than just disconnecting me and having me lose - that at least is faster! My foe still required two more turns to whip me, but there was no way I could recover. I think you added a lot of code but decreased the value to the gameplay.

Comment

I think recovering the game is much better than just getting a loss automatically. It'd be nice if the other player waited to see if you returned, but that's beyond our control. If the game stalls while waiting for someone to hopefully get back, the other player might bail. And then the situation is no better.

Comment

Is it even possible to wait? Wouldn't the current turn time limit be hit and the game "skip" the turn anyway? Which looks like what happened in the above situation, the game timing out the disconnected player's turn.

With the emote, you could technically "ask" if they're still there I suppose.

Allowing "halting with no penalty" means lossing players can use "disconnect" to prevent ranking lost, as I've seen mentioned previously, so that's not really an option.

Having the ability to properly wait would be nice, if not there already, I haven't encountered any opponent-disconnect since the update (haven't played much) so don't know. But there's nothing we can do if the still connected player chooses not to wait...

Edit:

As far as I understand, if the still connected player bail the match by surrendering, then they'll lose ranking - so it's unlikely to happen. Again, unless this have been changed for disconnected cases.
        Last edited by Nhat; 10-04-2018, 07:36 PM.
        Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

If someone disconnects and doesn't reconnect, they will lose, unless in some bizarre case the still-present player is behind in health and decides to just sit it out and take the loss. I won't hold my breath for that.

Comment

My app crashed just now. I reconnected, then immediately crashed again. I tried reconnecting 5 more times with the same results.

Comment

Just happened again. Both games I played Pickpocket while in stealth vs. a witch using Gae Bolg. Instant game crash and while reconnecting, crash again. Maybe this will help figure out why this is happening.

playing on a samsung s8 active

Comment

Originally posted by Failgasm View Post
                Just happened again. Both games I played Pickpocket while in stealth vs. a witch using Gae Bolg. Instant game crash and while reconnecting, crash again. Maybe this will help figure out why this is happening.

playing on a samsung s8 active
                Has it happened since this post?

Comment

No, but I haven't played assassin much since. I'll post if it happens again.

Comment

Thanks. It seems unlikely that some token or item interaction would cause a crash, but there was that oddball Muzrub problem for a time.

Comment

Working...
                    X