Feedback on 3.0.43

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on 3.0.43

First, thanks for the update. Now on to the feedback...

1) the mana and blood counters are too small. And the draw deck picture is too big (could this just be a smaller rectangle with a number in it? No need for the fancy design).

2) The draw and play animations take too long. Any chance we could get a way to toggle them off?

3) Still meeting really strong decks in low tiers in the arena.

4) love including the names, but could they be a little bigger? Mainly talking vertical space here.

If you hit big players in the lower tiers, would it be helpful to note their name (now that we can), what tier, and approximate time we met them? Not sure what logging happens, so don't know if that info would help at all.

Comment

I love the changes that show the name during the match & that you don't always go first. Plus the arena matching works way better now (at least so far for me).

The more I think about it the more I think that the surrender button should be viable at all times & not hidden in the settings though.

Comment

Good update for me.Two things which I would like to change:

1) I agree that surrender button should be visible all the time I don't know why they change this.
        2) I prefer autoplay button on right part of the screen instead left (I feel that left side of the screen is further than right). It easier for me to press it. Of course this is my feeling (I am right handed) so don't know what would be best for most players.
        We can not attain infinity but we can get to it.

Comment

The more I play, the more the draw animation annoys me. Going second and having to wait while the game animates me drawing cards is really getting on my nerves. Are the devs trying to make the game last 10 times as long just so we can get a bunch of fancy flourishes? You'e just making the game worse.

And as for arena matching, I just got matched with Wisemangoold's Dawn (a god) in the fighting pit. So not seeing any changes so far.

Comment

They fixed the auto fullscreen issue when launching the game, that's cool.

Comment

- Matchmaking still needs tweaking. I encountered a God in the Battlegrounds. I assume TheoboldBurrowes level is higher than 5. Or is this an NPC and do NPC's not have player levels? If that's the case then something has to be done about that aswell. Otherwise you can still encouter powerfull enemies in the lower tiers.

- Mana and Blood icons can be a little bigger than it is now. A bit too small right now.

- Drawspeed at 1x speed is a bit slow. At 2x speed it is fine for me.

For the rest: nice update!
              Last edited by Pharkonen; 06-29-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

The autoplay button at the top-left feels awkward and far away compared to its previous position top-right.

I'm also seeing god champs in the lower arena tiers.
                Last edited by Firagon; 06-29-2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Just so people know, I asked why the auto button was moved, & was told it was moved because it got in the way of the blood abilities when put on the right. Not to say that I disagree that it feels less convenient to have to hit that on the left. Some of that is just fighting being used to having it on the right though.

Comment

The new pack opening animation with card flip-over is getting quite tiresome. I am clicking furiously on the side to get through each tedious pack opening as fast as possible and it still takes forever.

Comment

mmh... always wizzy wizzy visual fx, but still no bug correction except the fullscreen issue. Doom Knight still overpowered. Reflect allies and Siren still underpowered. Mh.
                      and I also think autoplay button on the right near settings button is better.
                      ah and seeing number of cards in hand of opponent is a nice addtion indeed
                      Last edited by fredo46; 06-29-2018, 08:10 PM.
                      Make Jade Knight green !

Comment

Firagon - Clicking on the side screen will flip all cards at once. Although it is still one extra click from before, it beats clicking each card.

Comment

Originally posted by minx View Post
                          Firagon - Clicking on the side screen will flip all cards at once. Although it is still one extra click from before, it beats clicking each card.
                          I have not found clicking on the side to be a reliable way to flip them all over. Plus new we have the vfx time of them flipping over added on top of the extra click.

Comment

Flipping all the cards at once only takes 1 second, maybe less. I find that to be nominal. But I will agree that any time added is too much. The new feature of side deck flipping cards adds time as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
                              First, thanks for the update. Now on to the feedback...

1) the mana and blood counters are too small. And the draw deck picture is too big (could this just be a smaller rectangle with a number in it? No need for the fancy design).

2) The draw and play animations take too long. Any chance we could get a way to toggle them off?

3) Still meeting really strong decks in low tiers in the arena.

4) love including the names, but could they be a little bigger? Mainly talking vertical space here.
                              1) what platform are you playing on?
                              2) what play speed are you using? I think the plan is to allow a toggle in the future; I'll have to ask. The idea of managing animations need to happen globally, so whatever is done will be done all at once.

Originally posted by Griffon View Post
                              I love the changes that show the name during the match & that you don't always go first. Plus the arena matching works way better now (at least so far for me).

The more I think about it the more I think that the surrender button should be viable at all times & not hidden in the settings though.
                              I think surrender will move back to where it was, with autoplay going to the left of settings. Settings stays put, as it's in the same location on the battlefield as it is elsewhere in the client.

Originally posted by Mohin View Post
                              Good update for me.Two things which I would like to change:

1) I agree that surrender button should be visible all the time I don't know why they change this.
                              2) I prefer autoplay button on right part of the screen instead left (I feel that left side of the screen is further than right). It easier for me to press it. Of course this is my feeling (I am right handed) so don't know what would be best for most players.
                              See comments to Griffon above.

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
                              The more I play, the more the draw animation annoys me. Going second and having to wait while the game animates me drawing cards is really getting on my nerves. Are the devs trying to make the game last 10 times as long just so we can get a bunch of fancy flourishes? You'e just making the game worse.

And as for arena matching, I just got matched with Wisemangoold's Dawn (a god) in the fighting pit. So not seeing any changes so far.
                              I'm unsure how some matching problems were addressed as the decision was made after I went on vacation. The question is what to do when a player has no matches in the prescribed level system? And in that case, how do you find 3-7 unique opponents if none of them fall inside that prescribed level system. Because of the small player base right now, most of them level 60, things are skewed. But this is meant as a patch until arena is torn down and replaced.

Originally posted by Pharkonen View Post
                              - Matchmaking still needs tweaking. I encountered a God in the Battlegrounds. I assume TheoboldBurrowes level is higher than 5. Or is this an NPC and do NPC's not have player levels? If that's the case then something has to be done about that aswell. Otherwise you can still encouter powerfull enemies in the lower tiers.

- Mana and Blood icons can be a little bigger than it is now. A bit too small right now.

- Drawspeed at 1x speed is a bit slow. At 2x speed it is fine for me.

For the rest: nice update!
                              Thanks, noted. About draw speed, for 1x, you'd like the draw faster, but otherwise, 1x play left as is? It's possible that we don't address this. The new game may not have a need for autoplay.

Originally posted by Firagon View Post
                              The autoplay button at the top-left feels awkward and far away compared to its previous position top-right.

I'm also seeing god champs in the lower arena tiers.
                              Noted, thanks.

Originally posted by Firagon View Post
                              The new pack opening animation with card flip-over is getting quite tiresome. I am clicking furiously on the side to get through each tedious pack opening as fast as possible and it still takes forever.
                              How many packs are you buying in one "session" and how often do you do it? Have you tried just clicking over the buy again button instead of to the side? That's what I do, but I still time my clicks wrong and end up with a stray. It seems to take about 3 seconds to open a pack. Remember, the economy is going to change dramatically, and pack distribution will change accordingly, so needing to chew through so many packs at once shouldn't happen very often. If the experience still feels cumbersome then, we may revisit it; we will make that judgment later.

Originally posted by fredo46 View Post
                              mmh... always wizzy wizzy visual fx, but still no bug correction except the fullscreen issue. Doom Knight still overpowered. Reflect allies and Siren still underpowered. Mh.
                              and I also think autoplay button on the right near settings button is better.
                              ah and seeing number of cards in hand of opponent is a nice addtion indeed
                              I think my comment on this point was cut from the release notes. You have probably seen that the entire spell inventory is being redone. That effort is actually underway right now. It doesn't make sense to fix bugs for .43 when the engine is getting overhauled during .44 and .45. At that time, the engine will get some serious attention. This work also involves AI and PVP, which we know have an internal version of. So that's why it's been put off. It would have been a poor use of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X