Keyboard commands - request for comment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard commands - request for comment

Yo! What do you want to see? What keyboard commands make sense to you? Would you like to map your own?

The only thing now is ESC.

Mapping your own makes the most sense. That would account for dominant hand, different keyboard layouts and languages best.

Comment

I'm fine with them mapping myself, but there should be a base set that people change them from.

I would like to see a my turn is done/attack button (Enter), start/stop autobattle (A), settings (S), Surrender (ESC [the current ESC function seems like it belongs to the backkey since that is how it is normally used] or the X key) & the function keys (F keys) for activating the blood powers (auto targeting you if they work on the champ otherwise you need to use the mouse). Possibly using the number keys to pick game speed & toggle some animations & other stuff on/off. Or you could use the +/- keys for the speed.

I would also love to see a function where you could set the autobattle in the settings area to only go until you have a certain amount of health. So you could say autobattle unless my health goes under 400 or 300.

Comment

Selection of card/ability:
        F1, F2, F3: Blood abilities
        1 - 5: Cards in hand
        ESC: cancel selection

Apply selection:
        1 - 5: my board slots
        6 - 0: opposing board slots
        C: my champ
        E: enemy champ

Also, cursor keys to move a selection highlight around and enter to select. Then using cursor keys to highlight target and enter again to apply effect.

Shift + enter: end turn
        A: autoplay

Comment

Originally posted by Firagon View Post
          Selection of card/ability:
          F1, F2, F3: Blood abilities
          1 - 5: Cards in hand
          ESC: cancel selection

Apply selection:
          1 - 5: my board slots
          6 - 0: opposing board slots
          C: my champ
          E: enemy champ

Also, cursor keys to move a selection highlight around and enter to select. Then using cursor keys to highlight target and enter again to apply effect.

Shift + enter: end turn
          A: autoplay
          I like this a lot. You laid out what I was thinking, where you can control spell selection and targeting with two sets of strings across the same keys.

Comment

Not bad if customization is allowed. I'd just be hesitant to use function keys as a primary. Smaller laptops without a ton of room for the keyboard frequently sacrifice those (mine for example has them as alternates).

Comment

Ya, I don't like function keys much either when using my laptop, as opposed to a full size keyboard with desktop. And yes, custom mapping makes a lot of sense to allow.

I do like the idea of select, target, execute in a series of key strokes. And maybe ESC to reset the string of commands. So you'd select/target, select/target, select/target, execute attack.

Comment

I like firagon's suggestion a lot, but having 1-5 and 6-10 doesn't feel like the best to me. How about something closer to QWERT for your hand/board and 1-5 for oppenents? I think it would make the controls more intuitive, plus one-handed controls always feel smoother to me.

Comment

Working...
                X