No announcement yet.

AI Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow Stalker if you have signed up for the discord chat for the game & kept up on it you would know that a good PvP is also one of their top priorities. But AI is also very important. It not only is used exclusively by the campaign (which all new player will have lots of interaction with) but it is also used when player auto their deck. Lots of players do that so that they can quickly get though the early levels of the arena. They are also trying to get the system stable so that there are less problems in general. That has to be done before they work on PvP.

Comment

This is an AI misplay that I have seen a number of times:
      Lady of the Mist is on the board and other slots are open. The AI plays a non-flier in front of LotM. That is silly. LotM is an open invitation to play a flight ally or blast/ambush in another slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Firagon View Post
        This is an AI misplay that I have seen a number of times:
        Lady of the Mist is on the board and other slots are open. The AI plays a non-flier in front of LotM. That is silly. LotM is an open invitation to play a flight ally or blast/ambush in another slot.
        Thanks, I see that Jeff has this on his to-do list, and I do not see it in Jira. So this behavior is expected right now.

Comment

Faith: If the deck has a few blood generating allies, play those allies and use her third ability every turn to protect them. Priority: 1) play an ally, 2) third ability, 3) first ability if healthy else 4) second ability for healing, 5) use spells in hand (BLG whenever available).

Ogma: Should always use his first ability in turn 1 and turn 2.

Ramses: If Conditioning is in the deck, always uses his first ability prior to using Conditioning. The constant failure of the AI to do this combo correctly annoys the hell out of me. Basically, never use Conditioning unless his first ability is active.
          Last edited by Firagon; 04-11-2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

My 2 cents: Never use Imperator as a 1st drop. I think the AI looks at the Blood ability of this card and thinks "I need to drop this first to build Blood", but that is not the only reason to play Imp. There are usually cheaper Blood-builder options in most decks, and these should be cast first. Imperator should be played to buff creatures, so have at least 2-3 on board before doing so.

Also, if Majus has more than 70 mana, stop using his 2nd blood ability (more mana), You can't spend more than 100 mana per turn, so why bother? Also, if you can't spend 100 mana, why boost his mana pool, then just leave everything unused?

Comment

Firagon & Oblivion have some good points. To which I would like to add that Wicker Knight should never be played on an open slot, since it does nothing & can't damage the champ. Also the AI has the bad habit of playing minions with strike (like Phoenix) in open slots as well.

Comment

If the AI has corrupted an enemy minion, don't try to kill that minion and certainly don't play a Gorgon Sister in front of them.

Comment

Well if the minion produces blood or mana (or maybe has blast) killing it might still be a good idea. So that isn't quite as simple as the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffon View Post
                    Well if the minion produces blood or mana (or maybe has blast) killing it might still be a good idea. So that isn't quite as simple as the others.
                    True; when I saw it happen the corrupted minion didn't have any special abilities that would make it a continued threat.

Comment

Norns: place on the board as soon as possible

Neptune: do not place in either edge slot

Commander/Scorpion Charmer: high priority to play when possible

If opponent's board is mostly full, make it a high priority to play allies with blast/ambush or similar AoE spells.

Comment

If there is a summoner that grows his summons every round, the AI should try to use Darlok's corrupting ability on the summon that will get stronger over time (unless there is a specific reason not to like there's an opposing minion about to kill the summon).

Comment

Started a new thread called Arena Squatting and moved some posts.

Comment

Working...
                          X