No announcement yet.

Notes on 3.0.46

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, spellbook issue. I just edited my Ramses spellbook and swapped out a couple light spells (3rd realm). When I saved it I noticed that several other spellbooks were now red. When I looked I found that those that I had 2 copies of Raptor in them had removed one of the copies. When I went to fix it I could only fix one because when I saved the second one I fixed it rebroke the first. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
      OK, spellbook issue. I just edited my Ramses spellbook and swapped out a couple light spells (3rd realm). When I saved it I noticed that several other spellbooks were now red. When I looked I found that those that I had 2 copies of Raptor in them had removed one of the copies. When I went to fix it I could only fix one because when I saved the second one I fixed it rebroke the first. Any thoughts?
      I had something similar when I freshly installed the client. I create some X deck and others become red. I edited all decks one more time and this problem disappear. I don't know how to repeat it so probably you can try few times to edit different decks and it should save them finally.
      We can not attain infinity but we can get to it.

Comment

Yes, we have seen that and fixed it, but I may have found a related issue. THe first issue is that if you edit and save a spellbook and immediately go to edit another spellbook, that second edit might interfere with the first save.

Comment

I took a long break from actually playing while waiting for the big changes, because there really didn't seem to be any point anymore. Now I have been giving things a try, understanding that we are in the middle of the changes somewhere, but here are my current thoughts:

1) Adding tool tips for keywords so players don't have to come to the forum, copy/paste, and print out the list in order to try and figure out what cards to craft or use in a deck will be a HUGE help. Right now, the game is just confusing and bewildering, even after playing for years since so many things have changed so much.

2) The interface matters a LOT! Another player commented about things like being able to look at more than one realm at a time when deck-building being very helpful, and he is right! Hex has a clunky deck-building interface, and, while it's only a minor irritation, all the minor irritations add up, especially when a game is trying to attract and keep new players. It is the little things like that that make the game friendlier to new players . . . and we have ALL suddenly become, effectively, new players with the extreme changes to the game.

3) Speaking of which, so many things have changed so much! I don't know what game this is, but it sure isn't Blood Realms anymore. I really liked Blood Realms. It was something different than the other crap out there. It looked different. It felt different. It played different. Now . . . I'm trying to decide if it's worth the hassle to learn this whole new game that gives none of the old feel and experience anymore. Right now, it doesn't feel worth the trouble when I can just keep playing the other CCGs I started playing way back when Blood Realms stopped loading through Facebook if this is just going to be more of the same anyway. I will keep an eye on things and see how it is when the changes are all done, but, at the moment, I'm really not feeling any connection or real interest in this game anymore.

Comment

OK, time for the one week in review. Some of this will repeat what I've said before, but I'll try to be specific about why I think what I do in case the issues can be addressed in another way.

1) An issue with the transition. Sorceries are exponentially more important in the new version of the game, but newer players have disproportionately fewer of them. Considering the economy isn't working yet and the limited means of acquiring new spells that implies, it makes it much harder for new players to compete. Seeing as how you should want their input too, this isn't good. I'd suggest choosing one rare and one common sorcery from each realm and giving them to players as a thank you for their help in play testing. This shouldn't break the economy, but would give newer players both a better chance to be competitive and a chance to experience more of the game.

2) Interface:
            A) The mass break button should be on the first page of collections, not hidden in the crafting page.
            B) When crafting spells, spells you don't have one of are tinted blue, which makes them harder to read/tougher on the eyes. A border would be better, or simply the number '0' in the place where number owned is.
            C) The number owned indicator is in an awkward place. I'd prefer if it was on top of or at the bottom of the card.
            D) Ability to view multiply realms at once is a MUST. My biggest annoyance when constructing decks, by far.
            E) A filter by power and/or health would be nice.
            F) Labeling the filter button instead of using that funny image that doesn't look like anything would be nice.
            G) Check marks are rather ambiguous. Things like 'done' or 'save' would be better.
            H) Fonts need work. Especially for greyed out cards.
            I) Too many clicks to start a match. Remembering the spellbook we last used and giving us a change spellbook button on the screen where you show us our opponent would be better.
            J) I can't repeat often enough how much I HATE mouseover. It doesn't work, is imprecise, and takes too long. You've said there might be a bug involved, but the whole idea is bugged.

3) Gameplay:
            A) I won't talk about balance issues as that is way too big for this.
            B) Games feel too slow. I'm not talking about the playspeed selection. Mostly this is due to summoning sickness, but games feel like they take longer and things happen slower. This is in marked contrast to how games in th prior version felt quick and like something was always happening. I preferred that. Speeding up the mana acquisition might also help.
            C) First mover advantage. Because of the slotted minion system paired with summoning sickness the first minion played in a set of opposing slots gets a HUGE advantage. This needs to be addressed because it is both really limiting and really annoying. Minions can no longer be used to take out other minions (unless they have blitz [only 4 do] or are just huge).
            D) Since minions can't remove minions anymore, sorceries and blood abilities that do are at a premium. So champions/realms that don't have such feel really weak.
            E) Not enough minions with channel or blitz.
            F) Minions with abilities that trigger when blood abilities are used would be nice.

Comment

Interface:
              K) Instead of filter by own/don't own, how about owned/less than 2? There isn't a nice way to see cards you only have 1 of.

Comment

Working...
              X