No announcement yet.

Newbie asking advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is not so much Phoenix by itself but combined with other cards like Tartaros and cards like that, all those cards together make it impossible to beat a deck unless you have those cards too, or Darlok I guess. I say Phoenix don't look like 50% res chance because I always find that card very hard to kill, usually need several attempts, I even avoid kill it when I can using evade, stun or spells like Nightmare. While Angel of Hope and Ancestral Hero seem to die more easily (my AoH rarely survives once).

I've gone with my Crowe to the highest rank with only 2 defeats through my way, one I remember against Abrogath Majus but then I played agaist it again 2/3 times more and won all. But Firagon Crowe I find it impossible even though I keep killing or controlling his minions each turn but on the turn they're played is enough to deal huge damage to me and get rid of my minions, I played against it 4 times and only once was really close. So it's not that my deck isn't good, it's just all those minions together are insane.
    Last edited by bloodmoon; 12-29-2017, 11:53 AM.

Comment

As an owner of Phoenix I can tell you the res chance really is 50%. Unfortunately the games rng tends to run in clumps so with a bit of bad luck it can seem a lot worse. Ancestral hero on the other hand I'm not sure if it is 50%.

By the way you can get your own Phoenix by getting Ramses.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodmoon View Post
        The problem is not so much Phoenix by itself but combined with other cards like Tartaros and cards like that, all those cards together make it impossible to beat a deck unless you have those cards too, or Darlok I guess. I say Phoenix don't look like 50% res chance because I always find that card very hard to kill, usually need several attempts, I even avoid kill it when I can using evade, stun or spells like Nightmare. While Angel of Hope and Ancestral Hero seem to die more easily (my AoH rarely survives once).

I've gone with my Crowe to the highest rank with only 2 defeats through my way, one I remember against Abrogath Majus but then I played agaist it again 2/3 times more and won all. But Firagon Crowe I find it impossible even though I keep killing or controlling his minions each turn but on the turn they're played is enough to deal huge damage to me and get rid of my minions, I played against it 4 times and only once was really close. So it's not that my deck isn't good, it's just all those minions together are insane.
        I find his Crowe to be one of the more fun and challenging decks. But there are absolutely strategies to beat it. Again, I don't have a problem with his deck when I'm playing my Brienne, Majus, Crowe or Ogma. I have to replay him with Hyperia now that they've adjusted the 3rd realm. Again, the issue is match and not the cards themselves. You should not be matched with that deck.

Comment

I'm curious, do you guys usually go all out evolving cards or are there some cards you keep 2 of them? I feel anything above 55 mana is not worth having more than 1 in a deck but up to 55 there are a few that are worth instead of evolving, what do you guys usually do? 2 cards I have max out a pair are Ancestral Hero and Pixie Queen as I have some ideas for a deck using 2 of each, although I've evolved 1 of the Ancestral Heroes as I got 3 of them.

Comment

In general, I think it is better to evolve to get the higher stats, particularly if the fully evolved version gains a useful ability. There are allies where the fully evolved version is far superior to the lower version like Baldur, Cern, and Unicorn where I would rather have one evolved copy than two unevolved copies in my deck. Allies that have synergies with copies of themselves, like Circe, Tiamat, and Tribal Circle, are possibly better with two copies in a deck than one evolved version.

The evolved version of Diana is arguably worse than the base version - not that you would use two of them in a deck.

I wouldn't evolve a pair of max level Ancestral Heroes because that would end up wasting a lot of essence that went in leveling them. I would only evolve them with level 1 copies prior to joining them together.

Comment

I think you misanderstood what I said, I meant I had 2 of them at lvl14 and evolved one and lvled it up to lvl16 as I got a 3rd one in meanwhile. Was just wondering if you guys would just keep evolving only 1 of them to max lvl (20 I guess) instead of lvling 2 at same time.

Comment

In general I focus on leveling 1 card at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X