No announcement yet.

Norse Campaign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brienne is good against Loki, use Body Block pretty much every turn to tank, you'll need blood generation to keep it up (By Light's Grace is a must). Have a Chimera or Gaulish Chief and protect them as long as possible. I use nature Brienne so double Bulwark is very useful (I don't think Loki has any annoying sorceries like Nightmare). Sanctuary and Camouflage if you don't have enough blood to use Body Block. If you have enough blood at some point, you can use Battle Standard to speed things up. If Loki plays Gemini Warrior, kill them as quickly as possible (Circe helps a lot).

First time I beat Norns was with Brienne as well, trying to stack several Battle Standards on a Chimera or Diane and keeping them alive. It was completely random and it took many tries to get it to work.
    Otherwise Ogma can do it pretty easily, I went Order with him: Trusted Viziers, Nomadic Shaman (even better if fully evolved), Island Turtle, Meteor Storm, Annihilate, Phenix, conditionning and Force Shield x2 (pretty good when you hit 100+ power).
    Faith works as well, but you need more blood generation to combine power climbing and healing, Myth works well on her to cycle cards quickly and get BLG more often, Witch Doctor is also nice.

I don't remember about Baldur, I had such a hard time killing him that I never tried again. I just remember he was spamming rez on all his allies, and it used to crash the game back then.

Odin was pure luck for me, I managed to mana lock him (Darlok) and he never used his blood ability to gain mana (50?), so his board remained empty the whole game, which made things a lot easier. Otherwise, Medusa x2, Lady of the Mist x2, Nightmare, Eternal Chains, then flying allies (Tiamat especially) in front of neutralised gods I guess. Or maybe mana lock and defile at the same time (Voodoo Priest, Plague Rats++++, etc.), but I'm not sure if it can be done.

Comment

Well, I got to 97% and I'm calling it quits. Need 3 more Night Lords and 2 more Odins and can't see how to do it (at least not without way better cards than I have). I do take pride though in the fact I got this far without most of the cards people have been mentioning they used.

Loki and Norns I used Faith, set up blocking and then power climbed. Baldur was Faith again, but using Summoner to flood the board with spirit tigers, wiping the board with righteous wrath before you had to skip a turn with protect due to lack of blood and just gain more life than Baldur could deal.

Comment

Heyo,

I just did Night Lord 5 with Faith and the following deck: Far Sight, Brightsong, By Light's Grace, Righteous Wrath, Sanctuary, Banishment, Trusted Vizier+++, Tribal Elder++++ x2, Summoner++++ x2 and Ancestral Hero +++. Full evo helps, but is not mandatory.
        This is not a definite build at all, I was just improvising something with cards you might have and managed on the second try.
        Actually I only played one Summoner and one Tribal Elder. Same strategy you used, flood the board with Spirit Tigers and try to protect them all the time.
        Seems the main threat is Gemini Warriors, you need to be able to remove them immediately. You can replace some allies (Trusted Vizier, Ancestral Hero) with hard hitters (Angel of Hope, Lycan, Brood Mother), then Righteous Wrath.
        Some more information about your champions and cards might help.
        You can also mana lock him with Darlok, then take care of his three 50 mana allies: Revenant King, Beast Mistress and Cerunnos (Nightmare and Marked for Death).

Comment

Huh, have all of those except brightsong, sanctuary and banishment (none at full evo). The real issue for me is the sorceries. I have those that came with my champions (faith, Darlok, Ogma and Tessa) and that's it.

Now how do you deal with his infiltrate? Every time I tried that strategy with him he'd toss that out and since all of his minions have savage I'd get run over.

Comment

Use Darlok on his savage minions. Also remember that infiltrate sorcery cures corruption.

Comment

That's the problem. He can cure them as fast as I can corrupt them. And permastun doesn't work because they're savage. The infiltrate gets them by blockers, and I don't have big enough cards to kill them in one turn (before the savage kills my critters).

Comment

Faith with protect can keep taking hits so long as you have blood. Then use righteous wrath when the lyan is high enough.

Comment

Except I don't have a Lyan and infiltrate will let him bypass my blockers, which, for a minion with savage, is deadly.

Comment

Then you can use a savage ally of your own. It might be able to use infiltrate, but then you just have a target to focus on. Also cards that stun every time like trusted vizier will keep a sage ally down. Also just because it can do something doesn't mean it will. I have found the AI almost never uses the counter to corruption when it can. It's why I can never auto a battle against a god Darlok.

Comment

Don't have anything with savage. And can I borrow your AI? Mine always counters corrupt when it can.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
                        And can I borrow your AI? Mine always counters corrupt when it can.
                        Really?!? I thought the AI was the same for players deck as opponents. I have watched the AI have the counter to corrupt & not use it in several matches. I want to borrow your AI (more like keep it).

Comment

Holy S^@#, I did it. 100%. Beat Odin using Ogma. Norns and camouflage helped keep me alive, got a couple creatures out including a beast mistress and a Spirit of the Hunt, then got off a charge coupled with ogma's 2nd blood ability.

Nightlord was a pain, but persistence paid off. Trick was getting him to use his infiltrate blood ability early, wipe the board, then use Dalok's corrupt and hope you have enough life left to last.

Thank you to everyone for your very helpful advice.

Comment

Congratulations Bagate

Comment

Working...
                            X