Information Gathering for Events

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information Gathering for Events

Being a new player, the Siren Event was quite exciting, but also rather confusing. I've been thinking about writing up a guide for Events to help newer players as they come on board and since the Rising Sun event just started, this is a good time to bring it up so relevant information can be gathered as we all go through the ranks.

Some basic information would be:
    • Defining common terminology
    • Explaining how to progress through the event
    • How many minions need to be killed to engage the boss for each cycle
    • How many times the boss needs to be beaten to clear each cycle (with a little math for how much energy/time is needed)
    • The silver/essence rewards for minion and boss battles in each cycle

Then once events in general have been explained, it could even be expanded to have details on each event:
    • All the minions leading up to the boss
    • The power/health of each minion and boss in each cycle
    • The deck of each minion and boss (as far as I know the deck is the same cards/evolution in all cycles but the cards get higher level in higher cycles)

I've started collecting some of this information as I'm progressing through the current event and wanted to see if people think this is worthwhile, if there's information I'm not considering, if there's something that doesn't need to be reported, etc.

And just so it's available for any newer player who may not know, to progress through each cycle, you need to kill the following:
    • Cycle 1: Kill 6 minions then Boss 2x
    • Cycle 2: Kill 10 minions then Boss 3x
    • Cycle 3: Kill 14 minions then Boss 4x
    • Cycle 4: Kill 18 minions then Boss 6x
    • Cycle 5: Kill 22 minions then Boss 8x
    • Cycle 6: Kill 26 minions then Boss 10x
    • Cycle 7: Kill 30 minions then Boss 12x

When facing a boss, you have three hours to kill the boss x number of times and the timer starts when you kill the last minion. So in order to maximize your ability to get through all of the bosses, you can start the last minion when you have 100 Stamina, then wait 20 minutes before winning the battle. Your Stamina will replenish during the battle; if you wait 20 minutes then you will have 100 Stamina when your boss timer starts. The list below tells you how much energy is needed to kill the right number of bosses per cycle, and how much of the three-hour timer you will need to use assuming you start the timer at 100 Stamina. For the early cycles you won't even need 100 Stamina, so you won't need any time for your Stamina to replenish.
    • Cycle 1: 40 Stamina, 0hr 00min
    • Cycle 2: 60 Stamina, 0hr 00min
    • Cycle 3: 80 Stamina, 0hr 00min
    • Cycle 4: 120 Stamina, 0hr 20min
    • Cycle 5: 160 Stamina, 1hr 00min
    • Cycle 6: 200 Stamina, 1hr 40min
    • Cycle 7: 240 Stamina, 2hr 20min

If this seems like a worthwhile guide to write, I'll post a separate thread as the guide once more information has been gathered. This can be the comment thread for the guide to keep the guide itself cleaner.

GUIDE DRAFT:
    Wiki link: http://bloodrealm.wikia.com/wiki/Events
    [I’ll change the link when the new Wiki is online]

Terminology
    • Epic Boss: The Epic Boss is the final opponent you need to beat to earn the event rewards. Each cycle you will need to defeat the epic boss a certain number of times to fully kill them and earn your reward.
    • Quest Opponents: In order to reach the Epic Boss, you need to defeat a certain number of lesser opponents. Each opponent you defeat will increase the Epic Boss’ wrath; once they reach 100% wrath the Epic Boss will be available to fight. [I used this term based on it being used in the old Wiki; I’m open to changing it to something more relevant / understandable]
    • Cycle: One cycle consists of defeating enough Quest Opponents to fill the Epic Boss’ wrath and then killing the Epic Boss. There are seven cycles, and the opponents get stronger in each successive cycle. At the end of each cycle you will earn an event reward (minion spell). After completing all seven cycles you may continue battling the event opponents but you will no longer receive event rewards for killing the Epic Boss. You will continue to receive Silver and Essence for each battle you win.
    • Wrath: The Epic Boss won’t battle you unless you get them angry enough. Every Quest Opponent that you defeat will increase the Epic Boss’ Wrath. Once the Wrath reaches 100%, the Epic Boss will be available to battle.

Event Requirements:
    In order to unlock the Epic Boss you must defeat a certain number of Quest Opponents, then you must defeat the Epic Boss a certain number of times to complete the Cycle and claim the Event Reward.
    • Cycle 1: Kill 6 Quest Opponents then Epic Boss 2x
    • Cycle 2: Kill 10 Quest Opponents then Epic Boss 3x
    • Cycle 3: Kill 14 Quest Opponents then Epic Boss 4x
    • Cycle 4: Kill 18 Quest Opponents then Epic Boss 6x
    • Cycle 5: Kill 22 Quest Opponents then Epic Boss 8x
    • Cycle 6: Kill 26 Quest Opponents then Epic Boss 10x
    • Cycle 7: Kill 30 Quest Opponents then Epic Boss 12x

Event Gameplay
    The ultimate goal of the Event is to defeat the Epic Boss through all seven Cycles to earn all seven Event rewards.
    At the beginning of each Cycle the Epic Boss will be at 0% Wrath and you must battle through the Quest Opponents until their Wrath reaches 100%. You must battle the Quest Opponents in order; you can see that when the Cycle first starts, only the Sworn Sword is available; all other opponents are locked.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Event01.PNG Views:	1 Size:	220.8 KB ID:	100527

After defeating the first two opponents, the third Quest Opponent is available and the Wrath has increased to 6%. Each Cycle the number of Quest Opponents needed to fill the Wrath increases. Note that the Wrath starts at 0% and fills from left to right so at 75% Wrath, the left ¾ of the bar will be filled green.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Event02.PNG Views:	1 Size:	221.3 KB ID:	100528

There are three groups of Quest Opponents with each group comprised of six opponents. Once you defeat all of the opponents in the first group you will move on to the second group and then the third group. After defeating the opponents in the third group, you will return to the first group.
    Depending on the number of opponents needed to fill the Wrath, you may battle through one or more groups each cycle, and the Wrath may reach 100% in the middle of the group. The table below shows on which opponent the Wrath will reach 100%.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Event05.png Views:	1 Size:	72.7 KB ID:	100529
    [I don't know if this table is particularly helpful for the guide, but I wanted this information so I figured others might want it, too]

Once the Wrath reaches 100%, the Epic Boss will be available for battle. From the moment that you defeat the last Quest Opponent and fill the Wrath to 100%, you will have exactly three hours to defeat the Epic Boss the required number of times. If you fail to defeat the Epic Boss within the timer you will not receive the Event Reward and the Cycle will start over from the beginning. The timer starts when the last Quest Opponent is defeated, not when you start the first Epic Boss battle. The timer ends when you defeat the Epic Boss for the last time.

Every time you defeat the Epic boss their Wrath will decrease from 100% right to left. Before you defeat them at all, their Wrath will be 100% with a full green bar. Once you have defeated them 75% of the times needed, the left ¼ of the bar will still be green. The direction of the bar filling / draining is opposite when battling the Epic Boss compared to defeating the Quest Opponents.

[Add images showing Wrath decreasing right to left]

Once you defeat the Epic Boss enough times to reduce their Wrath back down to 0%, you have completed the Cycle, you will be earn the Event Reward for that Cycle, and the process will start over again.

After you have completed all seven cycles, you can continue to defeat the Quest Opponents and Epic Boss, but you will not receive the Event Reward after completing the Cycle. You will continue to receive the Silver and Essence for each battle that you win.
    Last edited by adjacentengels; 05-16-2018, 03:44 PM.

The first part of this does need to be done. The second part with the details of the particular event will be handled by the new wiki. Right now we can go to the old wiki for the basics of that.

Comment

For those who don't know:

http://bloodrealm.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Event

Comment

Also, make sure to emphasize that the progress bar counts up for minions but down for the boss. And while you can repeat the event on max difficulty for fun, you won't get the boss rewards a second time (change from old wiki).

Comment

Events aren't changing anytime soon, and may never for all I know, at least in structure. I captured lots of good feedback on improving the UI and information earlier, so that's something we will look at. In other words, you work shouldn't become irrelevant anytime soon.

Comment

Likely an extremely prolonged stretch of time back or perhaps never and it's not your blame. Here and there even some cool and special custom T-shirts won't help!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Likely an extremely prolonged stretch of time back or perhaps never and it's not your blame. Here and there even some cool and special custom T-shirts won't help!
              No idea what you mean.

Comment

The first part would be great - I often referenced those details in the Discord during the last event so I could plan my Stamina usage.

With the second, I don't think is needed. How much stamina you need is really easy to calculate (number of boss kills * 20) and the times is a bit confusing, since it assumes going in with 100 stamina (which only happens if you know to stall the last minion until you get all your stamina back) and no pots.

PS. Didn't know there was a wiki, I'll have to check it out.

Comment

I've updated the first post with a draft of the guide. I wanted to get more images while the Event was going on, but got caught up in things and didn't remember until the last day and I didn't have enough time/stamina to get back to the Epic Boss. Take a look and let me know what you think would be good additions or changes. With the next Event I can take more screenshots for different aspects that would be helpful.

Comment

About
                    • Quest Opponents: In order to reach the Epic Boss, you need to defeat a certain number of lesser opponents. Each opponent you defeat will increase the Epic Boss’ wrath; once they reach 100% wrath the Epic Boss will be available to fight. [I used this term based on it being used in the old Wiki; I’m open to changing it to something more relevant / understandable]
                    What's annoying is that internally we call those mini-bosses minions. Minions?! So I call them mini-bosses. That's kind of misleading, too, but it works for me. :/

And you don't mention the highly engaging narrative, one that mixes grit with humor and explores lore with a graceful hand. Don't forget that part.

Comment

Yeah, I started calling them minions, since their basically the Boss' hench-people, but with minions also the word used for spells I tried to find a more distinct term. Mini-boss was one of the options I considered.

Comment

How about Henchemen/women/creature or leutenents. Both make them sound like important people but still under the boss.

Comment

Now that we're in the midst of an event again, are there other screen shots that would be useful? Right now I'm doing a five part sequence to show:
                          1. Boss at 83% before killing last lieutenant [on first cycle]
                          2. Boss at 100% after unlocking
                          3. Boss at xx% after one defeat [I'll do later than the first cycle so it isn't just 50%]
                          4. Boss at xx% before the last defeat
                          5. Boss at 0% after completing a cycle and the next cycle starting

Would this be helpful? I usually like to show things graphically and this would let me point out how different parts of the screen change, show the fill up drain down directions of Wrath.

Comment

It couldn't hurt, though I think a written description would be more useful to me personally.

Comment

I'm a word guy myself and like descriptions, too, but good UX is generally visual. A good graphic can explain so much with just a glance.

Comment

Working...
                              X