Some early thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some early thoughts

Firstly, thanks to David for allowing us to post in this sub. Thoughts on my first 24 hrs on the beta:

1) Downloading was pretty smooth, however, at the login screen, when I was prompted for my email and password, I was shown a horizontal white bar on my phone (Note 4) in which to input my email and password. This is similar to Hearthstone, so no big deal. Except in HS, when I type something into the white bar, I can see what I type. Not so in this case. Not the biggest problem since its just my own email and password, but it's still annoying.

2) Buffering was slow initially, but sped up as the day went on. Same with battery usage. My Note 4 has a new battery, bought in Nov 2017, but initially, I was using 10% batt life for a single cycle (emptying both red and blue bars). However, just like the buffering speed, battery usage went down to about 2% for a full cycle, with other apps open, so this is ok.

3) Red and blue bars sometimes show (101/100). Once, my blue read (113/100), and the count kept rising. Thankfully this did not affect gameplay, and the counter went back to normal the moment I started draining the bar, so all was well.

Overall, a relatively smooth day 1, got better as the buffering and battery drain improved. I plan to use the desktop version to do my pack buying and cracking, and the mobile for playing. With that in mind, the app is doing what I want it to do, which is good. Hopefully, the next event will be good experience, as the Atlantis one was a washout (pun accidentally intended). The game crashed so often because of cache issues I gave up farming near the end.

Thanks so much for the feedback, Oblivion. I am sharing this with the team.

Comment

Was playing my White Morlich in Arena late last night.

Its a token generator deck, so slots are always full and creatures keep getting bigger and bigger. I noticed that the game started to lag and my phone began heating up as I broke past the 1100 glory mark. Its probably something to do with the creatures on my side trading with bigger, better creatures on the other side (higher tier means better decks, right?), leading to longer games.

Reminiscent of Vangelis matches I used to have on BR, with the lag making it almost unplayable back then.

Other than that, nothing else to report.

Comment

Hmm, odd. And did it clear up/cool off with the next match? Was it a longer play session?

Comment

No, it didn't cool off after that match. But it did cool down after the farm session.

I usually wait for about 90 mins and farm both red and blue bars in one sitting.

Morlich is one of my weaker champs, I don't really like him, so I prioritize other champs over him. My phone does not heat up or lag with other champs. I have noticed that both Vengelis and Morlich have resurrect mechanics built-in, and this could be putting strain on the system. As I said, even on desktop, during BR, Vengelis matches would lag horribly.

Comment

Thanks, I'm sharing this with the developer who works on the engine.

Comment

Is the gold/5 days still up and running on the beta? I really think you should put a ticker on log-in like in BR. Also, I'm pretty certain I was due for another 50 gold for 5 days on Monday, but haven't received anything yet? Did I miscalculate? Is the game bugged? I have no idea, since I don't have a ticker to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion View Post
                Is the gold/5 days still up and running on the beta? I really think you should put a ticker on log-in like in BR. Also, I'm pretty certain I was due for another 50 gold for 5 days on Monday, but haven't received anything yet? Did I miscalculate? Is the game bugged? I have no idea, since I don't have a ticker to help.
                It is. We will either remove or replace it.

Comment

Working...
                X