No announcement yet.

Magic & Empire 3.0.42 - Rising Sun: Quest for Glory event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrupt=minion attacks its own champion. And that has to do with heal how? Attack is attack. Unit tries to punch someone. Or maybe kick them. For something like blast, yes, it makes sense to ask these questions; or for guard. The rest of this, not sure where it's coming from.

Better yet, why don't you just let any spell that targets an enemy minion target any minion, period. Would add more strategy, as you could then remove stunned/nightmared minions as well as corrupted ones.
    I think this is what Josh has in mind for spells in the redesign.

Comment

Here's a thread for people to sound off on. The time is now to share opinions because round 1 of redesign is well underway internally.

https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/ma...en-to-preserve

Comment

Question about the damage indicator. I cast Harvest Souls and it indicated that creatures that were destroyed suffered damage. But that's not how kill works, so why is damage displayed?

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
          Question about the damage indicator. I cast Harvest Souls and it indicated that creatures that were destroyed suffered damage. But that's not how kill works, so why is damage displayed?
          Yeah it needs to differentiate things a bit more. It should say kill when it comes to things like Harvest Souls & it should have a different graphic to show the damage comes from blast or reflect. But it's a decent start.

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by Griffon View Post
            The thing where you have to click to get the cards to flip over is a horrible idea. Even when I can get them all to flip over (which isn't all the time) it add a unecessary delay & clicks. This needs to go away or at least become an opt in option ASAP.
            I agree with this (and BAgate), this is rather pointless and very annoying when you buy 100+ packs in a row.

Comment

I agree with what everyone has said about the new pack animation.

MF says it's "industry standard". MF, you are not making an industry standard game. Industry standard games give you a pack every other day or so, with the strong expectation that they are completely new cards for you, and that are ready to play with no upgrading needed. You hand us packs of cards like popcorn, filled with cards that serve no purpose beyond getting ground into card dust for the sake of upgrading better cards we already have.

Comment

The current game economy is inflated. We know that. That's why vets have piles and piles of silver that will be difficult to ever deplete. And people playing now are still in that economy. The goal is that even commons have value after the spell redesign, and that the bulk of essence comes from sources other than pack opening.

Industry standard is one thing. Best practices is another. Having a pack reveal sequence is a best practice. Right now, though, it's embedded in this dated, bloated economy where silver is handed out like cheap candy at a Christmas parade. Things should be more meaningful once all the puzzle pieces are in place.

That said, we have heard the complaints and might revisit it later, once those pieces are in place and we have a sense of if the puzzle looks like we want it to look, but there are too many other priorities now.

Comment

Originally posted by David (Support) View Post
                  The current game economy is inflated. We know that. That's why vets have piles and piles of silver that will be difficult to ever deplete. And people playing now are still in that economy. The goal is that even commons have value after the spell redesign, and that the bulk of essence comes from sources other than pack opening.

Industry standard is one thing. Best practices is another. Having a pack reveal sequence is a best practice. Right now, though, it's embedded in this dated, bloated economy where silver is handed out like cheap candy at a Christmas parade. Things should be more meaningful once all the puzzle pieces are in place.

That said, we have heard the complaints and might revisit it later, once those pieces are in place and we have a sense of if the puzzle looks like we want it to look, but there are too many other priorities now.
                  Glad to hear that you will do something about this, eventually. I don't buy that this is a best practice at all. Sorry, it's just not plausible. It might be fun at first, but it gets old fast. Reducing the silver gain so packs are significant just means that you have decided to add an additional wait on top of the one already there.

Comment

With all this redesign, it sounds those of us who are here now are going to be massively ahead of any new players. Any thoughts of a reset?

Comment

Anyone who lost champs or spells purchased through real world currency would be disserviced by a reset. And it would make any time investment now of little value.

Comment

I don't think best practice means what you think it means. If something is a best practice it should have a clear utility that can be explained, and once explained, is demonstrably better than alternatives. In the case of the card flip there is significant downside, limited upside, and everyone here hates it. How is that a best practice? Even assuming the changes you have described you are subjecting everyone to an additional click just so that a very few people can draw out the suspense a little longer. If the developers seriously think that is the best way to do things then I am losing confidence.

So, please, going forward, think about what you are doing. You have an active community here, use it. If you had asked us we would have told you the card flip thing was a dumb idea and you wouldn't have had to waste time on it. I would argue the same for the mouse over (although there is more disagreement there). Instead you tell us you are working on things, when you're done you present them to us as fait accompli, and only then do you get feedback. Not the most efficient process.

Comment

Working...
                        X