No announcement yet.

Magic & Empire 3.0.41 - Rising Sun: Radiance of Light event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotating packs is fine for space (although I don't see how it is possible with silver/skull/soul which should always be available and that's 3 of 4), but I still prefer the old graphics.

Taking away randomly appearing resources is fine, but with how little gold is available currently you should have replaced it with something, even if only temporarily. You realize that if you release an event every other week (which is optimistic) and someone places in the 6-25 tier of arena every week (which only 20 people can do) it will take 7 weeks to unlock a champion and 7 months to save up for a box?

I don't care if mouseover is industry standard, it sucks. Sorry to be blunt, but I don't want things like that happening automatically or being dependent on mouse position. I want to control it. So please let us turn it off and go back to clicking on things.

Also, in the evolve screen, every card is showing up now, even things that can't be evolved. Is that intentional?

Comment

Also, in the evolve screen, every card is showing up now, even things that can't be evolved. Is that intentional?
      No, it is not. I will verify and ticket now. Thank you for catching that!

EDIT: Can you share a screenshot? I don't see it on my account, nor on a clone of your account.

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
        Rotating packs is fine for space (although I don't see how it is possible with silver/skull/soul which should always be available and that's 3 of 4), but I still prefer the old graphics.

Taking away randomly appearing resources is fine, but with how little gold is available currently you should have replaced it with something, even if only temporarily. You realize that if you release an event every other week (which is optimistic) and someone places in the 6-25 tier of arena every week (which only 20 people can do) it will take 7 weeks to unlock a champion and 7 months to save up for a box?

I don't care if mouseover is industry standard, it sucks. Sorry to be blunt, but I don't want things like that happening automatically or being dependent on mouse position. I want to control it. So please let us turn it off and go back to clicking on things.

Okay, we got the evolve bug and will fix it. Thanks again.

And candor is welcome. We're not doing all this to have people tell us only what we want to hear.

Comment

HOTFIX PENDING - 3.0.41.20

1) Disenchant now displays the proper total of essence to be gained. Before, it showed the value for only a single copy of the minion, although players did gain the proper amount.
          2) Umbral Slash no longer causes a freeze. A known issue exists in that the spell does not always interact correctly when cast on minions with rebirth: either the original minion will rebirth, or an Umbral Slasher will appear. Just call it a guessing game for now.

Comment

Well I like the card pop-up. So guess making it something you can control is a good compromise.

Comment

If you still need help identifying the evolve bug, it pops up after you filter by realm.

Comment

Trusted Vizier permastunning champions is still happening (at least its own champion).

Comment

Originally posted by BAgate View Post
                  Trusted Vizier permastunning champions is still happening (at least its own champion).
                  So if it's corrupted, it permastuns its own champion? Or does it require corrupt and more than one stun?

Comment

Originally posted by adjacentengels View Post
                    In looking at the Packs and the probability of each card, I’m curious how the rarity is chosen as it could mean the probabilities are not accurate. There are three simple ways for the rarity to be selected (for example I’ll be looking at the 6th spell in a Silver pack). One option that provides the cleanest distribution results would be picking a random number with fixed result assignments. So you could have the game pick a random number between 1 = 1000 with 1-8 resulting in an Epic (0.8% chance), 9-48 resulting in a Rare (4% chance), 49-348 resulting in an Uncommon (30% chance), and 349-1000 resulting in a Common (75.2% chance). Another option would be you check whether the card is an Epic (0.8% chance); if it is not an Epic then check whether it is a Rare, if not then check if it is an Uncommon, and if not then return a Common. You can do the same but in the opposite order checking Uncommon then Rare then Epic then defaulting to Common. The downside of these is that the probabilities are now a function of the checks already done. So if a spell isn’t Epic (0.8%) then you’re checking if it is Rare. But you aren’t checking 4% of 100%, you’re checking 4% of 99.2%, which is 3.97%. Then if you check for Uncommon, you’re looking at 30% of 95.23% (100% - 0.8% - 3.97%) which is 28.57%.

This becomes even more ugly if there is more than one card in the pack that is a random rarity and even worse if the result of one card is dependent upon another card’s result (like the Realm packs guaranteeing a Rare).
                    Good observation. Unfortunately the way this was originally coded was basically option 2/3. As a result I have had to reverse calculate the drop rates in order to get the expected drop rates. To make things even worse, the code does not allow decimals in the probability. As such we have had to round in certain cases, but for the most part, the stated values are rounded down, meaning you are getting slightly better drop rates than stated. One notable exception is the Epic drop rate in Silver packs, which is actually 3.96%, rounded to 4.0%.

So if you are interested, the exact coded probabilities for the Skull Pack, for eg are:
                    Common - 100%
                    Legendary - 1%
                    Common - 22%
                    Rare - 28%
                    Soul - 46%
                    Epic - 3%
                    Uncommon - 30%
                    Hercules - 2%

Each succeeding line will replace the previous line if it hits. I'll let you figure out the exact drop rates for fun

Note, we are planning to fix this to a much simpler method at some point.

And we will update the descriptions of the Packs to be more accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by chabadu (Developer) View Post
                      Each succeeding line will replace the previous line if it hits. I'll let you figure out the exact drop rates for fun
                      Just to make sure I understand ...
                      1. Starts as a Common (100%)
                      2. Checks if should be a Legendary (1%); if true, card becomes Legendary, if not, remains what it was (Common)
                      3. Checks if should be a Common (22%); if true, card becomes Common, if not, remains what it was (Common or Legendary)
                      4. Checks if should be a Rare (28%); if true, card becomes Rare, if not, remains what it was (Common or Legendary)
                      5. Checks if should be a Soul (46%); if true, card becomes Soul of the current rarity level, if not, remains Minion (rarity does not change no matter what the result is)
                      6. Repeated for last three options, but Soul vs. Minion sticks through these options
                      7. If Soul ends up being true, it stays a Soul regardless of the previous or subsequent results, except for Hercules which forces being a Minion

This is also assuming that the first five spells drawn are Common and the only check performed on them is whether they should be a Minion or a Soul. The probabilities listed above are only for the sixth spell drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by David (Support) View Post

So if it's corrupted, it permastuns its own champion? Or does it require corrupt and more than one stun?
                        Don't think it was more than one stun. Just corrupted, stunned its own champ, and he never unstunned.

Comment

Working...
                        X