Help with Mission 16 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Mission 16 Commander

Good afternoon. I have been unable to defeat the Mission 16 Commander as he is simply too fast for me to set up defense or get going. I am using the default Champions. Has anybody had success getting past this; and if so, how? Suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

I forgot to mention that this is on fearless mode. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi there. Very sorry I didn't see this. Can you give an idea of what you're trying?

Comment

Thanks for replying. Since Majus is the only character I have with the second blood ability unlocked, I’ve mInly used him. Also since the commander can generate a cavalier each turn, I thought the best attack is to use a stun deck (my favorite anyway) and keep new minions from entering the field. The problem is I can’t get going fast enough before he’s damaging me 9-12 huts oer character. Crowe and Brienne only have the first blood ability unlocked, and they can’t even come close to get rolling before I’m killed. I’ve tried decks with 3 casting cost or less, same thing. Just curious what others are using for strategy. Thanks

Comment

My first reaction - WTF are you doing playing fearless with that few resources!?! Wait until you have more champions, more cards and more experience and then come back. Trying to run fearless with only one champion is ... very hard.

Comment

I appreciate the feedback. I've actually played this when it was Bloodrealm but got out when the developers kept changing the cards, and just got back in last month. I like how Runestrike is structured. Played with MTG for several years but I enjoy this one more. Figured I'd see if I could go all the way through with just the initial champions, but i just have trouble coming up with a combo that matches the commander's speed.

Comment

If that's your goal, try unlocking Brienne's 2nd blood ability and using her.

Comment

• arcanis
                arcanis commented
                Editing a comment
                BAgate thanks for the suggestion. I have her 2nd ability unlocked and have tried several combos but they are just too fast to get rolling.

arcanis Just put together this deck on probable cards you have ( no epic or legendary other than pixie queen) and won first try on fearless with majus level 1.

2x manaburn, conditioning, infuse, far sight, spell blade, Archer adept, raptor, satyr Bard, sicklestalker, mamoth, executioner.

1x force shield, queen

Decimate will make things much easier if you have it
              ​​​​​​​

Comment

• arcanis
                arcanis commented
                Editing a comment
                Just wanted to give you a heads-up that while I've not been able to conquer the commandeer using this combo, I've come as close as with anything else I've put together. It rolls pretty well until he trains them to go +1 +1 which makes it hard to get a good number of friendly minions at +2. Thanks again for the suggestion.

• arcanis
                arcanis commented
                Editing a comment
                FWIW I was able to go all the way to Fearless Level 16 using just my stun deck, but it's control and I don't get enough time to set up before he beats me down to nothing.

Nondescript I'll give it a try and let you know. Thank you for your input.

Comment

Update - I thought my best strategy would be to reduce their power to zero using Plaque Swarm then using flyers in their slots, but then it uses Inspire to Arms to pump them up again. I can't find many Counter-capable minions to use. My favorite Stun deck just doesn't get out of the gate quickly enough before it triple-speeds me to death. I still think locking down the slots negates the drop-a-cavalier minion every round, just figuring out how to do so in time is the challenge. Still appreciate everyone's feedback.

Comment

I see Satyr Bard above. Have you tried it with Retreat? Play it, next turn, retreat it and play it again.

Comment

• arcanis
                    arcanis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    David in my stun deck I use Magic Scroll to replicate Ethereal Chains and Retreat on Gorgon Sister as part of locking down the opponent's slots. Working on a modification of Nondescript's suggestion. Stay tuned.

FWIW I think Majus has the weakest starting deck. With good runes, he's quite powerful, but he doesn't have much punch to start.

Comment

• arcanis
                    arcanis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi David. I agree that Majus doesn't have some of the stronger minion choices, aside from creating a decent soldier deck. I try to utilize his strength which is card draw and reduced mana cost the best that I can. I'm still running with the 3 default champions and have been reviewing the blood capabilities of the others to determine if I can use one of them to get past level 16.

Just wanted to provide an update that I FINALLY defeated the Mission 16 Commander on Fearless mode by using a modified earthen deck. Thanks to everyone for their input.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate the thread. Sounds like I might need to take a balance pass at that one.

Comment

• arcanis
                      arcanis commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I actually appreciate the challenge, Just took a while to find the right combo. Hate to reveal all I do to combat each level (although I'm sure you can see my decks).
                  Working...
                  X