Bounty Hunter Class Should Use Arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bounty Hunter Class Should Use Arrows

First off, I apologize if this has been suggested before. Couldn't find one but I'd be surprised if this wasn't brought up already.

I was super excited to see that a Ranger class was added.
    But I was surprised to see it uses guns. Guns? No where else in the game uses guns. All other rangers use bow and arrows. So it really doesn't make sense to me that the new class uses guns. My suggestion would be to simply change that to arrows.
    I would be perfectly fine with having to update my game again and restart my Ranger playthrough to get this.

Seriously though. Guns just don't make sense. It doesn't fit in the game. It's out of place.
    And if there is a legitamate reason why it is this way, I'd like to at least know what it is.

Other than that, this game is fantastic. I enjoy it immensely and it's one of the best mobile games I've found.
    Your mind is the scene of the crime

It is the best mobile game but games are not designed to make sence. Guns, arrows, who cares. Its great we have a new class. More important is they fix the skills that the new class has. (give the upgrading skills upgrades)
    Led

The needer of Nerfs,
    The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
    HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
      It is the best mobile game but games are not designed to make sence. Guns, arrows, who cares. Its great we have a new class. More important is they fix the skills that the new class has. (give the upgrading skills upgrades)
      I think it should make sense though. I mean, half the game is the atmosphere, and guns are the only thing that doesn't fit in my opinion.

Comment

While I respect your opinions, I must disagree. Inside the game exists automatons, which are scientifically engineered mechanical robots for all purposes. Guns... would be a lot easier to make than those. If you have ever played Dungeons & Dragons, you'll know that guns even exist in that game. We aren't talking Fully automatic Ak-47's. lol These are more like an Arquebus or Blunderbuss. I can see how they would easily be incorporated into the game. In fact, I rather love my Bounty Hunter. Yes, both Rangers & Bounty Hunter's would traditionally have tracking skills. However, by classical standards a Ranger must be good. Where as a Bounty Hunter does not. Also, Rangers almost always have an animal companion (familiar). Bounty Hunter's are just out for gold. You are correct on Ranger's using a bow. They are also traditionally an ambidextrous class, capable of wielding two similar weapons with equal accuracy. Overall, guns won't hinder the game one bit. For, a lightning bolt can easily compete with a gun anyday. lol :^)

Comment

Originally posted by Coroshatu View Post
          While I respect your opinions, I must disagree. Inside the game exists automatons, which are scientifically engineered mechanical robots for all purposes. Guns... would be a lot easier to make than those. If you have ever played Dungeons & Dragons, you'll know that guns even exist in that game. We aren't talking Fully automatic Ak-47's. lol These are more like an Arquebus or Blunderbuss. I can see how they would easily be incorporated into the game. In fact, I rather love my Bounty Hunter. Yes, both Rangers & Bounty Hunter's would traditionally have tracking skills. However, by classical standards a Ranger must be good. Where as a Bounty Hunter does not. Also, Rangers almost always have an animal companion (familiar). Bounty Hunter's are just out for gold. You are correct on Ranger's using a bow. They are also traditionally an ambidextrous class, capable of wielding two similar weapons with equal accuracy. Overall, guns won't hinder the game one bit. For, a lightning bolt can easily compete with a gun anyday. lol :^)
          I see your point on the automatons. I hadn't thought of that. Truth be told they don't seem to fit to me either. Anyhoo if guns are so easy to make, why does anyone use bow and arrows at all?
          Besides, I was really looking forward to being a Ranger cuz I like bow and arrow better. :/

Comment

Perhaps, in the future they will incorporate a traditional Ranger class involving a Bow & Arrows. Also, with a familiar. I like the idea of a Thief class that is capable of stealing items from monsters. With a 'sleight of hand/ pickpocket ability'. :^)

Comment

Why does bounty hunter only gear roll block chance when you cant use shield
              Led

The needer of Nerfs,
              The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
              HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Good question. I haven't paid any attention if the BH ever blocks. I'm still a newer player. My BH is currently CL 37. I will equip an item with 'block chance', and see if I can actually block anything.

Comment

Led, after running through a level equipped with gloves having a high % chance of block... I did not block even a single attack. Perhaps, the items are only good for crafting. Either for the other stats on said item, or crafting for another class.

Comment

Originally posted by Coroshatu View Post
                    Led, after running through a level equipped with gloves having a high % chance of block... I did not block even a single attack. Perhaps, the items are only good for crafting. Either for the other stats on said item, or crafting for another class.
                    If i remember correctly, crafting with dodge/parry/block will yield armor instead - even if the 3 pieces of equipment have dodge on it!
                    Gandalf - LETU BUWU HAZI 3646

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Laplante View Post
                      If i remember correctly, crafting with dodge/parry/block will yield armor instead - even if the 3 pieces of equipment have dodge on it!
                      If you are crafting a piece that is allowed to have the stat, then the crafted item always matches the source stats (You can craft a shield or gloves with Block, but not other pieces). If the piece you are crafting is not allowed to have the stat, then the stat is converted to something else like Armor.
                      VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402
                      Name: Lascivious

Playing M&M Since November 26th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ezcry4t3d View Post
                        If you are crafting a piece that is allowed to have the stat, then the crafted item always matches the source stats (You can craft a shield or gloves with Block, but not other pieces). If the piece you are crafting is not allowed to have the stat, then the stat is converted to something else like Armor.
                        For reference, stats exclusive to certain gear are Movement Speed (pants and boots) in addition to parry/block/dodge (gloves and capes). Or did I miss anything?
                        Hello, I'm that one guy whose friend code is VAGI POSA WEME 3316. Feel free to worship me, I won't hold it against you.

War does not decide who is right, it only determines who is left.

FAQ Thread -- Mage & Minions -- Fanbase Wikia

Comment

Originally posted by Modo View Post
                          For reference, stats exclusive to certain gear are Movement Speed (pants and boots) in addition to parry/block/dodge (gloves and capes). Or did I miss anything?
                          You're right, except I'm not sure about Block on a cape now...
                          Last edited by ezcry4t3d; 11-07-2016, 09:28 AM.
                          VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402
                          Name: Lascivious

Playing M&M Since November 26th, 2014

Comment

Indeed, block can only be on gloves
                            Gandalf - LETU BUWU HAZI 3646

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Laplante View Post
                              Indeed, block can only be on gloves
                              I was trying to dumb it down~
                              Hello, I'm that one guy whose friend code is VAGI POSA WEME 3316. Feel free to worship me, I won't hold it against you.

War does not decide who is right, it only determines who is left.

FAQ Thread -- Mage & Minions -- Fanbase Wikia

Comment

Working...
                              X