Please ditch the "M" gesture for an "N"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please ditch the "M" gesture for an "N"

"M" is exceedingly hard to get right (3 inflections). And it has a longer "casting time" for that reason too.

Would it be possible to replace this with an "N", which is essentially a turned-sideways "Z" (two inflections)? This should be MUCH easier to recognize (and in line with what you do for the player abilities, V > ^)

Why is it more critical now? Because being able to assign the gestures to the minions also entails that we are FORCED to use all 3 gestures... where before I just shared the circle between my Eileen and my Maggie.

Thanks for reading.

Not sure why we don't have a < symbol either. Just give us a bunch of symbols and let us choose which ones we want to go in which slots. W N < 8 could all be added, probably a few others, but not sure the limitations on the software (Can it easily recognize the difference between a 'C' and a '<' ?)
    QEQI YAQA COZI 5645

Comment

backward Z, <, 8, half 8, sideway 8, 3, half 3, sideway 3, S, backward S, or triangles or squares.
      Last edited by Bishishi; 03-14-2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

These new companion gestures system is okay.
        I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
        Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGaming2 View Post
          These new companion gestures system is okay.
          I'd like to see support for the ability to assign any supported gesture to any companion slot, even duplicates. As for the gestures themselves, I agree that "<" and "N" would be good additions.

Comment

Yes, this won't be a mad change, however there are better things to work on before small changes.
            I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
            Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll try them out and see what works best.

Comment

Just make the V in each direction. Its easy to type
                Led

The needer of Nerfs,
                The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
                HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                  Just make the V in each direction. Its easy to type
                  True, but I use the "unused" V direction to draw my circles so that one thing doesn't get mistaken for the other...

Besides, I was kinda hoping the unused V would eventually get assigned to a 4th skill slot.

As another idea, I would emphasize that the issue with the "M" is really the number of inflections -> but on the other hand, a 3 (and its upside-down variants, rounded E, W, and M) should be *very* easy to get right...

Comment

Working...
                  X