Suggested Warrior Improvement: Make Blade Flurry Automatic and Instant Cast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggested Warrior Improvement: Make Blade Flurry Automatic and Instant Cast

I have been playing a warrior since November on an Android Device. I am now at CL 548 with a fair amount of experience on maximizing my warriors potential. One thing that I find is that I rarely activate Blade Flurry because it is difficult to keep pressing the icon while maintaining situational awareness and spell rotations in higher-difficulty encounters. I have even fat-fingered the icon and caused my game to minimize on my phone.

Another drawback to Blade Flurry is that its animation takes too much time. When I am fighting trash mobs I usually dont press Blade Flurry since it only makes killing them take longer (in real time).

I imagine that I am not alone in wasting blade flurry almost everytime it pops up. Both of these two issues could be addressed if Blade Flurry automatically cast as it comes up and the animation is removed. It should just instantly cast the series of attacks with no animation as soon as it becomes available. This would enhance the warrior offense and make it easier to concentrate on positioning and casting the other spells so that we remain alive.

What are your thoughts?
    Just another Diablo player reliving the past on his phone.
    Started Playing 10/28/2016
    SUFU VOJA QIQE 8575

Well, I find there is an in-game benefit to the slowtime/animation because your cooldown timers keep moving *in normal time*, so you shave about 1.5s of cooldown by using the Flurry.

I sometimes also use the slowmo time to "get my bearings" a little bit in tougher boss fights.

Within mobs, and after its buff in the latest version, it is excellent for singling out and dispatching Elites before the mob can take much of a swing at you. The pushback also helps considerably by getting each Elite out of the others' auras.

That said, I don't think I would mind if it was automatic like you suggest. One less thing to focus on, and more power to the Warrior!

(side note: Blade Flurry from the Duelist passive has a quite considerable chance to re-trigger itself if you have a decent Critical Rating. That might be why they made it slow-mo and selectable rather than instant/auto cast, as collapsing the first trigger + all retriggers within the same atomic unit of "game time" would potentially deal near-infinite damage to any enemy, even bosses).

Comment

I actually have suggested this in the past. Even if they have to nerf it to some extent I think it would be better if it was automatic. It's simply too damn hard to hit that button, especially when the button isn't always there, and if you slightly miss it or tap that spot right as the button goes away your char stops attacking and walks to the spot instead (often lethal).

What's even worse is Shield Block. Not only are the buttons hard to hit with the same issue if you miss them, they also move around since they're placed above the enemy that triggered the skill. (I've not looked at this skill in ages, so apologies if they've changed its UI and I didn't notice)
      VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402
      Name: Lascivious

Playing M&M Since November 26th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
        Well, I find there is an in-game benefit to the slowtime/animation because your cooldown timers keep moving *in normal time*, so you shave about 1.5s of cooldown by using the Flurry.

I sometimes also use the slowmo time to "get my bearings" a little bit in tougher boss fights.

Within mobs, and after its buff in the latest version, it is excellent for singling out and dispatching Elites before the mob can take much of a swing at you. The pushback also helps considerably by getting each Elite out of the others' auras.

That said, I don't think I would mind if it was automatic like you suggest. One less thing to focus on, and more power to the Warrior!

(side note: Blade Flurry from the Duelist passive has a quite considerable chance to re-trigger itself if you have a decent Critical Rating. That might be why they made it slow-mo and selectable rather than instant/auto cast, as collapsing the first trigger + all retriggers within the same atomic unit of "game time" would potentially deal near-infinite damage to any enemy, even bosses).
        Due to the fast-paced nature of this game, it would be great to activate automatically. I agree with the OP 100%.

However, I'm also with you here Jose that there are significant benefits for activating it at a critical moment. Maybe a good middle-ground would be that it would automatically lower all cooldowns by .5 seconds on proc and stun the target (diminishing returns for bosses) to account for the additional benefits that we use for survivability and cooldowns.

Especially on a phone or tablet, it's a pain to use these, and with high enough values they go off so often it would be SO helpful to simply auto-proc.
        Last edited by Rylocke; 02-08-2017, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Whoa... wait... You have to tap the icon? No wonder I've always thought it never made a big difference. Where in the game does it tell you you have to tap that icon? Also the icon's with shield block... I never new you were supposed to tap on each one! that is absurd!
          QEQI YAQA COZI 5645

Comment

Originally posted by FuryNerd View Post
            Whoa... wait... You have to tap the icon? No wonder I've always thought it never made a big difference. Where in the game does it tell you you have to tap that icon? Also the icon's with shield block... I never new you were supposed to tap on each one! that is absurd!
            Don't feel bad, you're not the first one that didn't realize they were buttons.
            VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402
            Name: Lascivious

Playing M&M Since November 26th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by FuryNerd View Post
              TBH its badly implimented,

A) its a DPS loss, I dont think the recent buff has changed that.
              B) If you miss it or it runs out just as you go to tap it your character ends up running off on a tangent, you lose LOH and get gang raped by the chasing mobs.
              Account deleted

Comment

I think that devs want it this way as it is now, cause it makes players more active and patient for the gameplay.
                I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
                Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  TBH its badly implimented,

A) its a DPS loss, I dont think the recent buff has changed that.
                  B) If you miss it or it runs out just as you go to tap it your character ends up running off on a tangent, you lose LOH and get gang raped by the chasing mobs.
                  B is correct. A is not.

Blade Flurry *seems* to be slower than your normal AS, but remember that time is slowed as well. By something like 80-90% I would think (based on enemy attack animations being very distinctly visible).

So you're fitting in 6 attacks in the 1s Flurry animation, but in game time, that actually amounts to a surreal 30+hits/second AS. With beefed up damage, so, DPS is actually higher.

This, of course, in comparison with a 1:1 attack (e.g. Frenzy). If you compare with Cleave (AoE stuff) it's trickier because Flurry will do each of its hits to a single target.

Comment

Blade fury is pointless, I think in the last 100 trials I have clicked it about 2 times. you don't have time to move your mouse to the icon. The majority of the time I'm in WW so you cant use it or I need to click BR or ITZ or silence....clicking Blade fury is right and the end of importance and the game is so frantic and the window so small to cast it is so small that unless its made to be instant cast I fell the majority of players just leave it. This is the same as shield block, never use it, they should be auto casts. Its not like auto casts are a new thing.....think of apprentice immolate, imagine if you had to click an icon to cast it when it proc
                    Led

The needer of Nerfs,
                    The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
                    HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGaming2 View Post
                      I think that devs want it this way as it is now, cause it makes players more active and patient for the gameplay.
                      I think the devs don't play the game so they don't know how hard it is to click when you doing 50 other things like watching timers, mobs, arrows....if your playing at a pace that allows you time to click random flashing icons then your not pushing yourself hard enough,.
                      Led

The needer of Nerfs,
                      The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
                      HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                        I think the devs don't play the game so they don't know how hard it is to click when you doing 50 other things like watching timers, mobs, arrows....if your playing at a pace that allows you time to click random flashing icons then your not pushing yourself hard enough,.
                        On that front, it would be awesome if your active abilities could get a clock countdown icon (just like the cooldowns) on the top of the screen; maybe they could flash when just about to expire.

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                          I think the devs don't play the game...
                          They do.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis (Admin) View Post
                            They do.
                            Do they try go really high in trials?

Comment

I'm not privy to their drug use habits.

Comment

Working...