Same map for trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same map for trials

So we all know about the bug that caused some players to get the same map on all characters at all levels for trials. What that bug showed us, however, is that some players seemed to like the bug, so I was wondering if it would be possible to implement having the same map each time as a choice players could make. Perhaps that could also speed up the load time for trials, too, since the app would only really have to generate the enemies and a random boss each time? That would be nice, since it takes a while to load trials on my poor lil tablet.

This doesn't seem like something that would be too hard to implement, and don't worry about the grindiness, since we'd be choosing for ourselves if we want the same map each time or just letting it play the way it is now.

Thoughts?

Players like unlimited Gems, too, but we won't implement that.

The point I'm making is that players enjoying something that is not working as intended is not a good reason to implement it as a feature. Part of the balance/challenge/fun of trials is the fact that you get a new map every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis (Admin) View Post

The point I'm making is that players enjoying something that is not working as intended is not a good reason to implement it as a feature. Part of the balance/challenge/fun of trials is the fact that you get a new map every time.
      That's a shame. This isn't something that would destroy the game or make it less fun (like unlimited gems), it's just giving the consumer more choice which, in general, is a good thing. I mean, the whole POINT of a game is to enjoy it, and you're saying that players enjoying something isn't the point? I don't think I can agree with that, and seems to kind of invalidate the entire point of this forum.

Comment

That's not what I said at all. I said that players enjoying something that is not working as intended is not a good reason to implement it as a feature.

Players enjoy running the same map over and over because it speeds up the grind. The grind is in place for a reason. If you want to run the same map repeatedly, why not just pick a campaign map?

Comment

BTW, thanks for the unlimited gems hack you passed on in the sheep level chat room. AWESOME!

Comment

The grind is in place for a reason. If you want to run the same map repeatedly, why not just pick a campaign map?
            Because the drop rates in campaign maps suck too much??

Originally posted by Moriarity View Post
            BTW, thanks for the unlimited gems hack you passed on in the sheep level chat room. AWESOME!
            You were two days early with that comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
              Because the drop rates in campaign maps suck too much??
              I'm glad you agree that allowing players to run the same Trial map isn't something you want added "to make the game more enjoyable". Players only want this "feature" added to make it easier to get drops (a.k.a. reduce the grind).

Comment

Working...
              X