Rewards and Treasure Chests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewards and Treasure Chests

Rewards are great in the Trials for defeating a boss but in story mode it seems you get next to nothing. Really disappointing. (To me anyway)

As to the chests the contents are so weak that I usually cringe for taking the time to open them and the gem prices are so high on the locked boxes that I don't even bother looking at them anymore.

More than anything I would like to see some sort of "attaboy" after taking out the bosses from hell than just a toothpick and tee shirt.

Originally posted by Moriarity View Post
    Rewards are great in the Trials for defeating a boss but in story mode it seems you get next to nothing. Really disappointing. (To me anyway)

As to the chests the contents are so weak that I usually cringe for taking the time to open them and the gem prices are so high on the locked boxes that I don't even bother looking at them anymore.

More than anything I would like to see some sort of "attaboy" after taking out the bosses from hell than just a toothpick and tee shirt.
    Seconded:

a) Harmonize the drop rates (by pushing UP the Story mode ones!). At least from bosses. Add more difficulty options to Story mode if you wish - respawning mobs, all-Elites maps, etc. - with the better rates applying to those difficulties only.

b) enhance the Medium/Large treasure chests so they're actually appealing. With the RNG, even most Legendaries are a disappointment. Greens and Blues are totally bland very very soon in the game.

c) DRASTICALLY lower the cost of opening locked boxes. Does anyone even *ever do* that?? When you don't see a Legendary there it's just auto-bin (per my point b above), and when you do see a Legendary it costs like 400+ gems to open... for that price, and the chance that it will be a DAMAGE REFLECT * EXTRA GOLD * LIFE REGENERATING * ABILITY RATE Legendary, no-one in their right mind will ever risk it. Make them 40 gems tops (say 10 to 40 at Level 70) and it just might be worth it.

d) make the Gemstone selections have just ONE gem type. That is 99% of the time what you are missing to craft/fuse. Again, tough to ponder a 100gems purchase that may potentially fill my stash with Topazes and Amethists.

Comment

Opening the in-level locked boxes can be somewhat worth it if you find a legendary set piece inside. I got a pretty okay Apprentice piece out of one.

But it'd help if they popped up more often. And more than anything, it'd help if you could see which attributes they rolled before you pay to open the box, so you know what you're buying. I'd gladly spend a 1000+ gems for a nice offensive legendary set piece and I'm pretty sure anyone past a certain level would too.

Comment

I NEVER open locked treasure chests. The costs are far too high. Even if there's a legendary item, I can go run a number of things several times and get. Alegendary in a matter of hours, plus xp/gems/gematones, plus the 500-750 I didn't spend.
        VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

It depends - if you were to look for a particular set of attributes, spending gems would be worth more than grinding for weeks (or months) for that piece (to me at least). But that would require the attributes to be visible in advance before opening.

Comment

Sure. I'm not debating whether a lower price would be better; simply saying I don't and why. ATM, I don't find it worth it.
            VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Originally posted by abc127 View Post
              Sure. I'm not debating whether a lower price would be better; simply saying I don't and why. ATM, I don't find it worth it.
              Yeah, I totally agree, but if it cost like 20, maybe even 40 gems, I for one would go for it if I saw a Legendary there - wouldn't you?

Comment

...alternatively, if Named Items would be shown differently than the rest, I would dare to spend 700+ gems on a locked chest to get a Named Item. Those are rare enough.

As abc said, it's all about the relative difficulty of getting what's in the chest through other means vs. recovering the gems needed to open the chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
                  ...alternatively, if Named Items would be shown differently than the rest, I would dare to spend 700+ gems on a locked chest to get a Named Item. Those are rare enough.

As abc said, it's all about the relative difficulty of getting what's in the chest through other means vs. recovering the gems needed to open the chest.
                  Fair enough, on both points. Either way, it would add a value. The risk-reward is just too low as-is, at least for me.
                  VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Working...
                  X