Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making use of gold in E:MaM - Suggestions and Ideas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making use of gold in E:MaM - Suggestions and Ideas!

Soooo I've for the longest time been a little sad we don't have stuff in the game that actually makes gold useful! Since most people after they get to max level end up hoarding all their gold and nothing to use it on which is not really great.

So what I want with this thread is for people to give some thoughts on this and come up with their own ideas to hopefully give the devs something to work with in the future (even though the properly have plenty of stuff on their hands!).

Empowered Trials
    Anyways since Trials came out I've for the longest time wanted them to be more useful in terms of XP and gems, so by looking at the way D3 have done it with the possibility to empower rifts by spending gold, seems like a very nice way to spend some of the acquired gold - This would not really need to increase the difficulty of the rift a whole lot, but maybe it could give the end bosses all the elite mobs auras - but maybe turn down the defense one or don't use that one since it would make the boss fights to long. - And this empowered trials would now have maybe dobble the XP gems drops and items quality.
    'Gold use would have to be reasonable for it, so people can get an empowered trial without having to spend days for farming gold for one trial.
    This would make a great use of gold and maybe increase the usefulness of the find gold stat on gear!

The Gamble
    Oh yes good old gamble buying, lets get a tap which have all the item slots, and we can choose which to gamble for. This way people just getting level 70 would be able to gear up their specific gear slots in the order they need, item rarity would need to kinda on par with the trial item gain, since the item stat rolls are the VERY hard part about gearing up a character in this game.
    This would be a nice way to spend gold gearing up alternative characters as well as very old ones for grinding out that specific slot they still need a certain item for. This could end up as a boring mechanic just like the current crafting system in the game and would take way to long to get anything useful if you have half decent items.

The future crafting system
    Yes this is something we don't know a whole lot about, but there is a new crafting system coming in the far future, so who knows it might get some use in this. In combination with the materials we can get via disenchanting all our items that we can't use, and maybe buy materials from the shop with gold.
    My wish for this system is that we get a materials "tap" or stash, so we don't have to click and drag around all the different materials each time to have done some trials, just like people now are carrying around two rows of gems to avoid having to drag gems into their stash every time we have done something in the game.

Possible future enchant system
    From what I remember their might end up being an enchant system to allow us to re-roll a certain stat on our gear pieces this could be a thing that would be very gold costly to make it worthwhile farming for gold!

anyways hope some of you guys have some good suggestions, nothing might happen but some of you might have a GOLDEN! idea
    Last edited by Dennis Møller; 04-08-2017, 08:44 AM.
    MAQU XARA NOQO 9742

The gambling is the thing I would love. OMG, Devs must give us gambling. This was great idea and it reminds me of old schools RPGs again.
    I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
    Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

I agree that the gambling is a great idea. Also it would be nice way to spend gold and get some items even for crafting...

Travis do you have gambling on your long list what to develop in the future?

Comment

Shouldn't this thread put under "Feedback & Suggestions" ? Oh, whatever!

Empowered Trial
        I like this idea very much. Get it implement at once!

Gamble
        Don't we already have this? Well, sorta... in bulk quantity.
        Instead of gambling for a single gear for a specific slot, they do it in bulk, random slots & nicely packed in chests of three sizes: small, medium & large
        With this system, you can choose the rarity range for the items. Yet, nobody buys it.

Even if they made gambling available for single piece on a specific slot, that still doesn't change the mindset of majority because of the RNG and whatever is the exorbitant gold price. We might be better off running a Trial in under 10 minutes for FREE epics and legendaries, and having the same RNG.
        Anyhow, do you really expect a random epic/legendary piece to cost gold? Like Led said, "In your dream!"
        Okay, okay... let's say if we could convince the devs to put a random epic/leg to cost gold, you might just as well telling them to make gems purchasable with gold because I don't see any difference at all.

Crafting
        Crafting with materials like in WoW?
        Ughh... I don't like the sound of it. I had enough of inventory management with all the gemstones and gear.
        More materials = more farming (especially rare materials) = requires more inventory spaces = more inventory management = endless crafting recipe = spending less time on pve & pvp
        I feel comfortable with the present system which require only 3 easily available random-gear. Quick and simple. It's the RNG that sucks.

If they ever decided to do with that sort of crafting system as you suggest, they won't sell rare mats for gold. It'll only happen in our dream... as I quote from Led.

Enchant/Stats re-roll
        As much as I like it be done by spending only with gold, I don't know if I should continue dreaming of it. Maybe Led could tell.
        DONT MESS WITH 7007

Comment

Originally posted by toot View Post
          Shouldn't this thread put under "Feedback & Suggestions" ? Oh, whatever!

Empowered Trial
          I like this idea very much. Get it implement at once!

Gamble
          Don't we already have this? Well, sorta... in bulk quantity.
          Instead of gambling for a single gear for a specific slot, they do it in bulk, random slots & nicely packed in chests of three sizes: small, medium & large
          With this system, you can choose the rarity range for the items. Yet, nobody buys it.
          I have to disagree with you. Opening chests is completely another system. Yes, it can be referred as gambling in some way. But no one buys these, cause they are useless.
          Gambling is something that you can't stop doing. Buying chest in this game is the thing everyone avoids.

Comment

When I was talking about gambling I would like to see something like in Diablo. You have a shop and some items which you don't see what kind of rarity it is and properties. Every item cost some amount of gold like 10 000+, you can buy them as many as you want to get some good items and spend gold. I was always spending all useless gold in this way in Diablo so for me it's good idea to solve the problem with useless money.
            Last edited by ; 04-09-2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

That maybe could work.
              1% chance of getting legendary, 5% chance of epic, and 100% chance of lousy RNG at min cost of 100k gold.
              Sounds like a great way to spend gold so that we can sell a whole new trash for less gold. Haha!
              DONT MESS WITH 7007

Comment

Id prefer the more gold you gamble the better your odds or getting a useful legendary. Most of the "legendry's" I get are in name and icon only, technically they should be prosecuted for misrepresentation.
                Account deleted

Comment

Lol. Everyone here is talking like it is confirmed thing.

Comment

There shoudn't be a problem with icon. In gambling you can see something similar like in crafting.

Comment

They will never make use for gold as it is non premium currency. Accept the fact its pointless and always will be. They want you to buy gems and spend money.
                      Led

The needer of Nerfs,
                      The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
                      HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Lol gems are totally useless for us, too.

Comment

So you dont socket items....you always find new better items
                          Led

The needer of Nerfs,
                          The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
                          HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                            They will never make use for gold as it is non premium currency. Accept the fact its pointless and always will be. They want you to buy gems and spend money.
                            So true.
                            That is the reason why there are two types of currency in the game.
                            DONT MESS WITH 7007

Comment

Originally posted by SoulGaming2 View Post
                              Lol gems are totally useless for us, too.
                              If you don't want your gems, I'll take them!
                              VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Working...
                              X