Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65

Thread: Ironbound - a new game in town

  1. #21

    Doesn't work

    Well I went thru the berserker tutorial and ended up a a screen that says login and skip tutorials and here I sit broken hearted
    I want to thank you all for wasting a 1/2 half hour of my time. Hopefully that will be enough to qualify me for the special item in Eternium

    I the future before you ask your base to support something like this I'd suggest you make sure it works

  2. #22
    Click the next opponent (the Crusader, on the right of the Berserker) to continue the tutorial. The tutorial has 4 parts, so you can see all 4 classes.

    If you don't want to do the entire tutorial, you can click "login to skip", then click "create account" in the window which pops up. However, we recommend you go through the tutorial before playing the solo challenges or trying multiplayer.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihnea (Developer) View Post
    Click the next opponent (the Crusader, on the right of the Berserker) to continue the tutorial. The tutorial has 4 parts, so you can see all 4 classes.

    If you don't want to do the entire tutorial, you can click "login to skip", then click "create account" in the window which pops up. However, we recommend you go through the tutorial before playing the solo challenges or trying multiplayer.
    I clicked the login to skip more times then I cared to count nothing happened anyway I've already deleted the game. I'll look forward to getting my prize in Eternium for the. Time I've spent

  4. #24
    Community Manager & QA Specialist Travis (Admin)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,644,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    I'd rather you guys spend more time on EMAM .
    Just to clarify, Ironbound is not developed by the Eternium team. It is developed by a completely separate developer (SecretLevel). Soul was joking when he told Adrian that he should not play games during his personal time.

  5. #25
    Newb d1v1d3d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Where I live?
    Posts
    13
    I like the game. But I hate the matchmaking system. It constantly pairs me against people who have decked out characters and then I inevitably lose. Where is the fun in that? I won't be playing Ironbound it looks like. Sorry
    CEJU BUDA HOQE 1835

    Video Game Logic - Everyone worse than me is a noob. Everyone better than me is a hacker.

  6. #26
    I played the tutorial with each character, started doing some missions (I believe the first two) and, when I wanted to try the online mode, the matchmaking was taking so long (over two minutes) so I gave up on trying it. I liked the mechanics of the game though.
    MIQU LONU PEVI 1451

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by d1v1d3d View Post
    I like the game. But I hate the matchmaking system. It constantly pairs me against people who have decked out characters and then I inevitably lose. Where is the fun in that? I won't be playing Ironbound it looks like. Sorry
    Unfortunately there aren't too many people playing right now, as we're just starting to build the player base. Matchmaking is bound to be unfair if there are only 1 or 2 opponents to choose from. I took a peek at your inventory and progression (I hope that's OK with you ) and I see that you did the right thing by playing some solo challenges first, and you went to multiplayer with decent starting gear. If I may offer a suggestion, Badge of Assault doesn't add too much value to your build; I'd spend my gold on an off-hand weapon with more damage (Adamantium Dirk, for example), and then beat a couple more solo challenges to buy level 3 for the character. Also, congrats on the class you picked - it takes a bit to master all the tricks of the Assassin, but when you do, she's really versatile.

    Another thing to mention about the matchmaker is that if it can't find any human players online after 30 seconds of searching, it will give you a bot. There are about 35 bots of varying strengths, and they are matched based on your rating, just like human players. We fixed a problem yesterday where a few strong bots were assigned to rating 100, so maybe you bumped into them; sorry if that was the case. If you see an unfair match again, please tell us the name of the opponent, so we can check if it's one of the bots and see if there's a problem with its matching range.

    Quote Originally Posted by hades0505
    I played the tutorial with each character, started doing some missions (I believe the first two) and, when I wanted to try the online mode, the matchmaking was taking so long (over two minutes) so I gave up on trying it.
    That's odd. As I said above, the matchmaker gives up after 30 seconds and assigns you a bot. If it ran for 2 minutes, you probably encountered a bug, or there was a connection error which wasn't reported (which also qualifies as a bug ). Can you try again and check if it's still happening?

  8. #28
    I've just tried again after disabling the VPN and after 30 seconds it assigned me a match. I guess that could've been the issue
    MIQU LONU PEVI 1451

  9. #29
    Oh, right. Ironbound needs to connect to ports 21467 and 21468 on its servers, please make sure those are allowed by your firewall or VPN configuration.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
    Bonus unique reward in Eternium: when you register, make sure to use the same email you are using in Eternium to be eligible for the reward.
    The reward will be delivered in game sometime next week. Donít forget: use the same email.
    With the update i guess?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •