Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that some time ago was similar thread but I coudn't find it.

Can we make some option on forum to search only new posts from exact subforum like Eternium. I am trying to read all new post connected with M&M game but since the Ironbound comes there are more and more post every day which I am only opening and closing...

Originally posted by Mohin View Post
    I know that some time ago was similar thread but I coudn't find it.

Can we make some option on forum to search only new posts from exact subforum like Eternium. I am trying to read all new post connected with M&M game but since the Ironbound comes there are more and more post every day which I am only opening and closing...
    Totally agree, 2 games 1 forum is not good.
    Led

The needer of Nerfs,
    The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
    HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Travis you knows that especially I has got some minors problems with this.
      I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
      Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Maybe this option already exist but we don't see it so please give us the link then to new post for Eternium forum only.
        Last edited by ; 04-24-2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

+1

Originally posted by Led View Post
          Totally agree, 2 games 1 forum is not good.
          Not just two but all the MF games except BloodRealm, are under 1 forum.

It's Travis fault!
          DONT MESS WITH 7007

Comment

Yeah, 2 games? Try 6 (7 until about 2 weeks ago). vBulletin 4 doesn't make it easy to only view new posts/threads from an individual forum. I suppose I could put specific users into a usergroup that only has permission to view the Eternium forum, but that'd be fairly tedious and futile since we're upgrading to vB 5 soon. vB 5 is supposed to be more user friendly, so it might allow some settings to be tweaked.

Aside from that, you might be able to use the advanced search features to only find new/unread posts. I'm not sure, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis (Admin) View Post
              Yeah, 2 games? Try 6 (7 until about 2 weeks ago). vBulletin 4 doesn't make it easy to only view new posts/threads from an individual forum. I suppose I could put specific users into a usergroup that only has permission to view the Eternium forum, but that'd be fairly tedious and futile since we're upgrading to vB 5 soon. vB 5 is supposed to be more user friendly, so it might allow some settings to be tweaked.

Aside from that, you might be able to use the advanced search features to only find new/unread posts. I'm not sure, though.
              What does it mean soon, do you have ETA ;p?

Comment

We're just waiting for our web designer to finish up some style templates.

Comment

Meanwhile we see if vB 5 fixes this you can try to use the subscribe to this Forum

Be careful to edit the settings of your account to receive notifications only in your personal panel. Or you will flood your email.

This way in your Settings -> Subscriptions panel you will see a timeline of posts made in the forum you are subscribed to. Not just the thread you are subscribed to. By default the forum have subscriptions disabled. I personaly chose to receive them about the thread I either: create, reply to, or choose to subscribe. You can also manage subscriptions folders. This way you can, i.e. separate notifications from posts you create or forums you are subscribed to.

Originally posted by Travis (Admin) View Post

Since Making Fun is vBullettin paying customer you may contact support to have your doubts cleared. To make the correct choices about the forum management, given your version (and future versions you are going to install) options.
                  Last edited by Freeman9426; 05-06-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X