Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  31
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Unhappy customer ranting...

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
    You do not disappoint, Adrian. Sometimes I feel that's not said as often as it should be...

My 2c about the ads is really to just have the mystery boxes gravitate to a player at a level's end; that should make it more manageable for those who wish to watch them, as they could do it in sequence without disturbing gameplay.
    Yes please. Everything else flies to you at the end of the level, the mystery boxes could too. Then you could take a breather and let the ads roll if you so desire.

I think this whole debate comes down to one main issue: lack of patience. I think too many people just try to become as big and as bad as they can as quickly as possible. As Rathmon mentioned with WoW, they don't enjoy the content. I've been playing around two months or so and I see so many people playing less time than I have and are already further ahead. I played for the first month and a half without watching a single ad. I've so far spent zero dollars on gems. By level 60 my main had all his skills slots unlocked and was half-way through story mode on heroic at level 65 before he got a Maggie. I did it solely through daily quests, calendar rewards, and running levels repeatedly for stars. Like Travis said, they're pretty generous with the gems. You might have to run with just 2 utilities and 1 passive for a while, but it's doable. I'm proof. Are all my main's inventory slots open? No, but I don't feel I need them to be. Are all my stash tabs open? No, but the ones I do have open are plenty to hold the rings and gemstones I'm gathering for my jewelry. Yes, I'm CL76 with no jewelry at the moment, but in time it will come. I level my abilities one at a time, I never unlocked a second level up slot. Sure you might have to grind more, but it's a RPG; you're going to grind in the end regardless. Reforging uses gems, but honestly I think it's pretty cheap (the devs do need to do something about the gold issue though).

In short, relax and enjoy. Save up for that extra slot or reforge; you might just level up in the meantime. Furthermore when you do get enough gems saved up you may find out you can live without it after all.
    CAGE KOGE XIFI 0457

Jesus saves.
    Everyone else takes 1d6 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Atigan Kane View Post
    I played for the first month and a half without watching a single ad. I've so far spent zero dollars on gems. By level 60 my main had all his skills slots unlocked and was half-way through story mode on heroic at level 65 before he got a Maggie. I did it solely through daily quests, calendar rewards, and running levels repeatedly for stars.
    +1
    I was in Toronto when I originally downloaded this game (I just looked on the play store for an offline RPG) and I didn't have data and got WiFi once in a while so I didn't watch any ads then or buy any gems, and after Toronto I was in America, but in the mountains, so I didn't have ads then either. My first time watching ads was probably 4 months after I started playing, and my first purchase was the storm gun. Since then I've bought 2, maybe 3, gem subscriptions.
    It probably took me over a month to get to level 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis (Admin) View Post
    Code:
    {
      "totalGemsReceived": 109856,
      "totalGemsSpent": 108685
    }
    Very cool, I was thinking hard about it. 110,000 gems......WOW less then I thought but still so many. Thanks a lot for the info. I wonder what the ingame cost would be to buy a years worth of gems.
    Led

The greatest sheepshagger of all
    If you like my posts click 'like' it's the only way I know if I am helpful or not.

HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Quote Originally Posted by Led View Post
    Very cool, I was thinking hard about it. 110,000 gems......WOW less then I thought but still so many. Thanks a lot for the info. I wonder what the ingame cost would be to buy a years worth of gems.
    $600 gets you 102,000 gems.
    POPO ROBA NODE 1088

You mean 120000?
    BUZE TALO PEBA 0409

I don't want to sound too negative here. Overall I really like the game. I was a late adopter of smart phones b/c of price vs capabilities. I've only had one for about two years now. In that time I've spent less $50 on games and I've given you almost 1/3 of that. So that should tell you how much I like the game.

I really like the new trails. New content is the lifeblood of a game like this. I'm glad to hear that a new act is in the works.

I am completely ignorant of how the whole ad model scales or what contracts you guys are locked in to. But, one thing I see discussed a lot online about the subject is changing the ad network you're on to make more money. Maybe you guys could find a better deal so you could make more money with fewer ads?

Be that as it may or may not be, here are some suggestions for you guys to kick around:

1) The threat level in the trials scales too quickly. Cut it back a few percents. Keep it challenging; but, IMHO, facing enemies 12 levels above you is a bit much.

2) When I beat a trail inside the timer, that's it. I don't have to repeat until I beat it so many times, hit a certain level, beat the boss by X amount of time left on the clock or whatever trigger it is that's keeping me from progressing to the next trial even though I killed the boss before the timer ran out.

3) Make gold more relevant. I agree that things that convey a big advantage should be expensive in both time and “money”; like expanding inventory or new ability upgrade slots. I think you should keep that kind of stuff as all gems. But, with less significant stuff, like cool down times on spell upgrades or crafting items give me the option to pay in gold instead of gems.

4) The reforge system needs some tweaks. I saw someone say earlier that the attribute I'm trying to change on reforge keeps coming up in case I change my mind. That makes no sense. Why would I pay to do nothing? If I “change my mind” there should be an option to escape the dialog w/o having to invoke the android controls; i.e. a close out button in the dialog itself. Make it so that three new attributes come up. If I wanted the one I'm trying to change then I wouldn't be trying to change it. Also, maybe include an option to pay with gold instead of gems?

5) Personally I'm not big in to pvp. But, if you're going pvp / arena you're going to have to make major changes to your crafting and reforge systems. In crafting you'll have to have a system where I can select the attributes I want instead of rolling for them. More like a “breeding” system. I.E, I have four slots to work with on the final piece of equipment and of the three things I threw in to the forge there are 12 dif attributes and I would like to select to keep four of those. Or if two or three pieces share an attribute they “reinforce” each other and I can select the other three I want to keep from other attributes already available from the items I put in the forge. And I'll have to be able to reforge at least all but one item slot, not just one total. In my experience, pvp always boils down to an arms races mentality. You'll have to give people the ability to scale their “power” quickly or they won't want to play.
    Last edited by chezeburger; 05-20-2017 at 10:45 PM.