Upgrade slot blinks with nothing to upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade slot blinks with nothing to upgrade

I have two skill upgrade slots unlocked. I have upgraded all skills to level ten except one. The last incomplete skill occupies one upgrade slot now, working on level ten. The other upgrade slot lies empty, since that character has no more skills to upgrade. The empty upgrade slot keeps flashing saying I need to put a skill into it. The icon at the bottom of the screen also keeps flashing, and when I am in a dungeon the icon in the top left corner keeps flashing. Please make the code prevent an empty upgrade slot from causing all this annoying, distracting flashing if there is nothing that can be upgraded. Thank you for your attention.

It will stop as soon as the last upgrade finishes

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
      It will stop as soon as the last upgrade finishes
      I think his point is to not have 72 hours of potential epileptic seizures, by adding a simple check like "do not blink if there are X skills left to upgrade and Y upgrading slots, when Y > X"
      BUZE TALO PEBA 0409

Comment

Schmilo makes a good point. I am not epileptic, but I have a brother-in-law who is epileptic. He would not be able to play this game due to all the persistent blinking going on. For instance, the market icon always flashing even after I have looked at the item and decided not to buy, as well as this problem with the upgrade icons that will not stop, and the many other similar instances of persistent blinking going on in this UI. They should all be changed so that once we have had a look at the screen causing the blinking, blinking stops even if we choose to take no action to change the cause of the alert. Once we have taken notice and made our choice, be it yes, no, or wait, the alert should not continue.

A man was recently arrested on criminal charges after using a light pattern, embedded in a tweet message, as a weapon to induce epileptic seizure. The developers leave themselves open to a world of lawsuits if they allow this whole blinking pattern to continue, including potential criminal negligence charges. The coding required to solve the problem should be very simple and inexpensive to implement and could save vast amounts of legal costs in the future. Think if it as a very low cost form of insurance. There is also the benefit to customer satisfaction and goodwill to consider. "A word, to the wise, is sufficient." Are these devs sufficiently wise to heed the word? Time will tell.

Comment

I don't think threatening the devs with lawsuits is the best way to go around this

Comment

Originally posted by Humus View Post
            I don't think threatening the devs with lawsuits is the best way to go around this
            Plus I'm not sure he wants to get involved into an overseas process, as though Making Fun is based in Cali, the devs reside in Romania... Filing a ticket on the matter should be enough.

Comment

C'mon, he's not threatening anyone, merely warning about potential consequences.
              Originally posted by Qwestyngbeast
              "A word, to the wise, is sufficient." Are these devs sufficiently wise to heed the word? Time will tell.
              Does he really sound that threatening to you ?
              BUZE TALO PEBA 0409

Comment

Originally posted by Schmilo View Post
                C'mon, he's not threatening anyone, merely warning about potential consequences.

Does he really sound that threatening to you ?
                He does not, he states a warning for the devs. I just say that it's really unlikely to fructify. Worse it could happen it's that the app gets removed from the store until the issue is solved, therefore, my recommendation is to just file a ticket.

Comment

Someone filing a lawsuit resulting is us having to pay damages for an issue like this is completely unrealistic. Playing the game is optional. No one is maliciously exposing epileptics to weaponized light patterns.

Sorry if it bugs folks -- I'll pass the feedback along.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis (Admin) View Post
                    Someone filing a lawsuit resulting is us having to pay damages for an issue like this is completely unrealistic. Playing the game is optional. No one is maliciously exposing epileptics to weaponized light patterns.

Sorry if it bugs folks -- I'll pass the feedback along.
                    Anyway if your game has dangerous light patterns you need to have a disclaimer, see AAA titles. Almost every one of them has it.
                    I don't know what if it's a bug and you are not supposed to have them.

A concrete problem and followed by lawsuit of course it's a very remote possibility, given the small player base there currently is.
                    But I would anyway suggest to implement it.

I wouldn't want to be in your pants if a mom gave her phone to his 3yo son to play with Eternium (wich the dad installed on her phone to play) and they discover to have an epileptic son this way.

That's what I meant.
                    Last edited by Freeman9426; 05-18-2017, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freeman9426 View Post
                      ...if a mom gave her phone to his 3yo son...

Comment

Originally posted by Travis (Admin) View Post
                        mixed up grammar translating. But you surely understood

Comment

I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Freeman9426
                            if a mom gave her phone to his 3yo son to play with Eternium (wich the dad installed on her phone to play)
                            Well, that's oddly specific. Thinking of someone in particular ?
                            BUZE TALO PEBA 0409

Comment

Working...
                            X