Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Dragon Egg

Dragon Egg

OK as a witch, nerfing this the first time was totally necessary....

Nerfing this the second time was still necessary, but went way too far (I'm sure I had something to do with this change lol)...

now this item is really pretty useless. I would have suggested keeping 2 charges, reducing its effect to 3 turns, plus 5 damage on the 4th turn.

As of now, this item has lost it's value. Working on a new build to compete with the other classes, but so far witch seems to have taken a big hit in the newest update. We'll see how it goes from here.
    RIKI TETO TUXI 5830

I feel ya. My berserker lost a lot of juice with the last update as well. Still searching for a build on this or another class that can compete reliably.

Even with the new 1700/1800 bots, it's such a grind on ranked. I suspect Artorius going up against a 1500 is picking up 2 points a win, while risking 50 or more points for a loss (which doesn't seem to be a problem for him). My situation is about the same--I'm getting 3 points for a 1500 win, and losing more than 45 for a loss.

So as much as I would like to get to 2000, I won't be returning to ranked play until I figure out an answer to the latest balance changes. I realize that this is all kind of bogus right now with the only competition being bots (for the most part), but for purposes of crafting and testing new builds it would be nice to be able to select your bot opponent in unranked play. Sure would speed up the process of solving the problematic bots.

Even after the game has plentiful real players, I think there might be an argument for having a second solo mode where you can do exactly that--pick a bot opponent from those available in multiplayer. A training grounds, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Atheera
    Nerfing this the second time was still necessary, but went way too far (I'm sure I had something to do with this change lol)...
    Ok, maybe we went too far with the nerf, Gerula will take a second look at it. And yes, you had something to do with the change; we periodically look at replays for player games, and what you were doing with the DOT/magic damage bonus items and Dragon Egg was a bit extreme.

The 1.0.14 patch may have upset the balance a bit - I'm sure you understand that at this point in testing, we're still looking for the sweet spot. We're collecting data and of course listening to your feedback, and we'll adjust things accordingly.

Being able to select a multiplayer bot and play a training match against it has come up in the office too, but we haven't decided how to go about it yet. We'll consider it again, but first we need to finish a few other things (such as the redesigned combat log). Still, if you're trying to make a build to beat the bots that are giving you trouble in ranked games, unranked mode will give you the exact same bots, since matchmaking uses the same rating values in both modes.

...unranked mode will give you the exact same bots, since matchmaking uses the same rating values in both modes.
    It's just that it can be a grind cycling through matches to find a specific bot. I've played or discarded about a dozen matches in my current session and have yet to see Vog or Guy.

I'd also be happy to see the matchmaking range reduced to 300. As it is, I see way too many 1500 bots (which as noted, are a high risk/low reward prospect) when there are 1700/1800 bots available. I don't mind losing a match, as long as it doesn't take me 15 subsequent wins to recover from it.

I see that you really liked the alien egg , will fix it some how.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerula (Developer) View Post
    I see that you really liked the alien egg , will fix it some how.
    Oooh, while we're talking nerf rollbacks, how about dropping the slot penalty on Tyrfing? Hasn't it been punished enough?

Asking for a friend.