Minions, where they fail, and how you could improve them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minions, where they fail, and how you could improve them

There's a plethora of issues regarding minions...
    At least they don't look like yellow tic-tacs.
    • They just keep dying like flies.
    • The healers attack the enemy and draw aggro. I mean, seriously?
    • Archers disengage until they reach and aggravate the next group of mobs. Also lures enemies out of a cleave.
    • Minions in general tend to drag inactive enemies into the fight.
    • Tanks won't survive more than one hit from a boss, despite the fact that bosses are exactly where mages and hunters would profit most from having a tank.
    • You can not heal minions, except for those lousy apples, and those are way too weak.
    • You can not control their movement. That's great, because robin loves to hug pillars! Multishot, blocked by Artificial Idiocy.
    • Minions break stealth lockdown. (thx Rathmon)

Now, here are a few suggestions for improvements that would make minions less annoying.
    I'll start with what I consider most feasible and beneficial.
    • Enable sharing life gained from LoH, shockwave or other effects with minions. There are several ways to go about this, for example healing minions with a lower health percentage first, or maybe transferring all heals that exceed the player's maximum HP. I'd prefer the latter, as it would allow ranged classes to heal a tanky minion, but still be the last one standing.
    • Don't let healers attack. That is just wrong. Really, really wrong.
    • Make minions avoid inactive enemies.
    • Make healers and archers hide behind the player, especially if that player is a warrior. Ideally, the player should find themselves between enemies and minions whenever possible.
    • Introduce a symbol to set a movement target for minions. Maybe a + or x symbol with one side closed. Anything that works.
    • The simple swipe is unused, so why not use it to command a battle formation? Swipe up, tanks move north and archers/healers move south. Swipe down for the opposite, and so on for all major directions. "Lines don't work" is not pretty anyways.
    • New potions that heal the whole party equal to their maximum life over 5 or so seconds. Yes, I'm aware that potions are a known issue. ^_^
    • New abilities for players, placed between lvl 60 and 70:
      - Warriors could get a passive that directs minion damage to them,
      - mages could get a passive that makes immolate heal allies, and
      - bounty hunters could provide cover fire that grants minions dodge, scaled to their own.

So, that's it from my side. I hope this can be of use to the devs, and ultimately, to us players... ^_^
    Last edited by Estharon; 05-23-2017, 10:37 AM. Reason: added to list
    Useful links, for my use and for yours...
    http://postimage.io for uploading screens easily
    Google site search for these forums
    (more to follow)

Originally posted by Estharon
    Enable sharing life gained from LoH, shockwave or other effects with minions.
    It's not much, but they get life regen. Getting that 1k25 helps a tiny bit
    BUZE TALO PEBA 0409

Comment

Add Minions not breaking Stealth lockdown on BH to that list.
      POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Sarcasm is my weapon of choice. It's like aiming a nuke. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Anything from up there can improve minion's AI, and that is important.
        I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
        Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

Working...
        X