Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to fix the worst status in the game (Extra Gold)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to fix the worst status in the game (Extra Gold)

Hey guys, I'm sure that no one ever said "Yes, extra gold!" when dropping a item or crafting on this game. And the reason is simple, the status SUCKS!

Is not that we don't need gold, but for that gold is easier to just get items and sell them. I get a lot more gold by selling the items than by the gold drops. I have no idea of how much I will need to spend making my rings and necklace, but I'm sure that I'm not going to make a extra gold set.

But there is a way, a easy way to change this status in something GREAT, something loved and wanted, the game could delete the extra gold and change it by extra drop!

Creating a status that increase the chance of dropping more items that also would increase the drop of gemstones and rarer items would be a game changer.

I'm not talking about giving a ton of chances, or making it to easy. But making useful.

Because by now I saw that players create a DPS set, a DPS with extra vitality set, and a DPS with extra EXP set.
    By having 2 farming status (extra drop and experience) people would be pushed by creating a new kind of set, and seek to be what is best, the DPS or extra drops.

Gold is a useful stat, I have ~280% and farming SM for 1h generates around 300-500k ( not sure, but its 300k min )

Comment

But why? There isn't many things to use gold and at the moment you finish your rings and necklace there will be nothing really to invest gold.

And, even to make the jewels the hard part is farming the gemstones not the gold

Comment

Perfect jewels cost about 5 million if the RNG doesn't screw you too badly. Multiply by three for a set, that times the number of characters and builds you have planned. Nah, don't need +gold at all.

It does become useless at some point, yes. But until that point, it's saving you a whole lot of time. Getting gemstones is not that hard either, the dailies and a few ads allow you to purchase two or more gemstone selections per day. Those regularly contain a trillion and sometimes even a brilliant, the rest is all teardrops and commons. But you'll only get 5k gold for 200 gems, so the only viable way to get it is to farm it, and that is sped up greatly with some decent +x% gold gear.

Getting a piece with +gold and three other good stats is great at that stage, because you can use it now, and then just reforge the gold bonus off when you don't need it anymore. I myself have been thinking exactly those words, "yes extra gold" quite a few times.
        Getting that piece after that stage is nothing that needs fixing either, because it already has a solution. Reforge, or use it as material.

In any case, I don't see how additional drops would be better. That would only end with people complaining about getting tons of gear that they don't need, having to sell or abandon things all the time, and being in the same situation as before: Getting loads of gold that they can't spend.

The best way to fix it would be to make gold useful even after getting perfect jewels. Some possibilities would be to allow purchasing a boost on drop quality, or excluding certain stats from drops for a day - for a gold cost.
        Last edited by Estharon; 06-16-2017, 12:07 AM. Reason: typo: 5k, not 8k.
        Useful links, for my use and for yours...
        http://postimage.io for uploading screens easily
        Google site search for these forums
        (more to follow)

Comment

I disagree- perfect rings cost about 1m if you know what you're doing.

Gemstones cost way more.

+%gold is useless and has no value in the game. At all.

It's not like WoW gold that was at one point more valuable than real life gold.

MaM gold is about as valuable as a Trump or Game Dev?
          POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Sarcasm is my weapon of choice. It's like aiming a nuke. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

All they need to do is give a use for gold, like repair bills for items when you die...anything that forces you to spend money.
            If they don't give a use then I'm 100% in favor or removing it from the game, at least let us sell gold for gems, even at a very bad exchange rate it's got to be better then what we got now.
            Led

The needer of Nerfs,
            The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
            HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Reroll weapon base dmg, 1mio gold. 24 hohr cooldown.
              KAJE TIJI REGA 5325

Comment

I think there's a difference in gold when you're on character #1, until such time as you have it rolling in. Early on, the gear, etc is all gold... And you don't have any.

Also, now that I've re-forged all my extra gold out, it's a lot tougher to save for a perfect ring. When I pay for one (ok, you probably get almost two), it takes A LONG time to get it back. Since my pile is only 3-4M, I'm sensitive to that.
                Bigtime difference once you get over the hump.
                VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Well, I'm here between Trials and TbDs, farming some CLs and gold. I don't have any great set, so I'm putting maximum possible on damage for killing everything on 1 hit.

One thing that I do, is selling the items I get on the maps, I see that lots of players ends up ignoring everything. But for me, the biggest amount of money for making my rings comes from it.

And I would have my rings done (2 of them) without spending even 500k, but the Critical Damage never come with more than 55% for me ¬¬ (really I have everything maxed out, but not a single crit damage ring perfect)

Comment

@cris - there's always one . For me, it's usually Vitality; Last time it was Experience.
                    VOWO TOSO QEME 4656

Comment

Originally posted by abc127 View Post
                      @cris - there's always one . For me, it's usually Vitality; Last time it was Experience.
                      TFW you want to make some jewels to speed up collecting gold for your perfect legendaries and the RNG doesn't give you +gold rings...

But getting 15 perfect rolls and 1 1/2 pages of close ones (86+) in the process isn't too bad.
                      Useful links, for my use and for yours...
                      http://postimage.io for uploading screens easily
                      Google site search for these forums
                      (more to follow)

Comment

Working...
                      X