Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trials of Valor Expansion

Hey all,

We are very excited to announce the release of Trials of Valor - a major Eternium: Mage & Minions expansion.
    You'll notice we've said Eternium. Yes, that's the new game name. To quote Serban, our in-house expert in exotic universes "Eternium is the name given by the philosophers of Elderath to the vast expanse of space and time beyond their sky."

New Hero Class: Bounty Hunter
    The Bounty Hunters are ranged heroes, adept at destroying their enemies from afar. Masters of deception, they set up traps and use stealth to gain tactical advantages before initiating combat.

Hunting villains for a living during more peaceful times, they are now pledged to defend the realm against the dark forces tormenting it. And they do it for free; let’s say they consider the ‘tormented realm’ situation bad for business.

Bounty Hunters wield two handguns, one in each hand, which they can use to attack high priority targets with deadly precision, or, guns blazing, launch a hail of bullets to annihilate lesser threats. Or launch a hail of heat seeking missiles.

Wearing leather armor, Bounty Hunters are less resilient than Warriors, but they make up for it through good usage of their tactical abilities, better agility, and range.

Trials of Valor
    The Trials of Valor are an ever-more-difficult challenge players may undertake to obtain fame and treasure. This game mode is leveraging our new random level generator technology. Each level will be a fresh experience and a new challenge.

When undertaking a trial you are in a race against time. Defeat enough monsters to summon the boss, destroy the boss and, if you did all this fast enough, gain access to the next difficulty level.
    Needless to say: bosses on higher levels drop more and better loot.

Now, we could go on and on about the content of this expansion. But you'll be able to experience it hands on really soon, will be available in Google Beta in a couple of hours. The expansion will be available on all platforms in the next two days.

P.S.:
    Oh, I've almost forgot something. *cough* nerfs *cough*

Main Balancing Changes
    Champion bounses for Power, Attack Speed, Life Regen, Life on Hit have been reduced.
    Critical Rating offers less critical chance % per point.
    Monster's damage and life have been reduced across the table.

Google Beta sign-up link:
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing...mageandminions

We'll be waiting for your feedback now.

Have fun!

Awesome!
    SETU TOQU PIMO 8454

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Signed up for the beta. Will post with feedback once I play it for awhile. Thank you for your hard work!

Comment

Thanks guys it is all i expected and more .
          The bounty hunter with different skills should keep the maths guys busy for a while .
          And the new random levels ? Well a little confusing but the timer is a nice touch thanks again guys .

Comment

Loving it, guys! The bounty hunter is awesome, the trials and new graphics and sound, all very cool. Thanks again!
            TONE FINE FANU 5094

Comment

I think this is one of only a couple times ever that I wished I was on android instead of iOS. It's going be painful sitting here with no access while those on android get an early look. Lucky bastards, ha!
              Kelton - YIJO MIWE BIHO 1067

Comment

Does anyone know what the new level cap is...im currently lv 69 and enjoying it. i see the mobs get over lv 100+++ I wonder if we stop at lv 70 ish and the game just gets harder and harder. Also does anything we gain from playing the beta transfer across once the game is released live or do we have to uninstall and start again.
                Led

The needer of Nerfs,
                The greatest sheepshagger of all

Killed 1970 frogs...and plans to kill 1 more
                HALU RALO ZEYO 0519

Comment

Originally posted by Led View Post
                  Does anyone know what the new level cap is...im currently lv 69 and enjoying it. i see the mobs get over lv 100+++ I wonder if we stop at lv 70 ish and the game just gets harder and harder. Also does anything we gain from playing the beta transfer across once the game is released live or do we have to uninstall and start again.
                  Can't speak to the level cap yet, but I can tell you from past Betas that you keep everything. In fact, like Marc mentioned in the other thread, once you go Beta on your account you likely cannot go back as your profile will no longer be compatible with the old versions. Which means if you go Beta on Android you might not be able to play on Amazon/Windows/iOS devices until every platform gets updated. I'm sure Travis or a dev will tell us if it's otherwise this time, but for now that is the assumption you should go with.
                  VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402
                  Name: Lascivious

Playing M&M Since November 26th, 2014

Comment

man he wasnt kidding about nerfs. lost ALOT of dps (nearly half). Attack speed is / crit /life steal is now 1/4 of what it was. Life steal i agree is probably about right. But crit and AS for cl levels as well as the huge base nerf seems to be a double hit. So i hope some balencing takes place again before beta ends.

Comment

Early first impressions....

I like the new blue scheme.
                      I'm not seeing a new keyed dungeon?
                      Map for Act 3 is pushed further left than Act 1 & 2 and some of the dungeons are underneath the selection worlds on the left side.
                      Trials content does look expansive like it will keep us going for a very long time.
                      I've only played a few levels of Bounty Hunter so far, can't comment much on it until I get the skills unlocked.

Currently, I'm pretty unhappy with the CL points nerfs. A lot of time went into earning those and now they're a LOT less useful.
                      Leaving the points placed as they were before the update I can barely do Gorgona on my DPS warrior (I had to switch back to CC minions) and I can't kill anything in the first pull at all with my Exp warrior. Getting to whatever the new level cap is and/or rebalancing the points based on the new nerfed values might help some (if I get around to that), but it still seems like 920 CL ought to let me easily do the dungeon at any character level.
                      VEBA ZULA DIPE 1402
                      Name: Lascivious

Playing M&M Since November 26th, 2014

Comment

Ding level 70! And it seems to be the cap.

20161018_203534.jpg
                        SETU TOQU PIMO 8454

Comment

...and found a decent mace drop.
                          Last edited by Immortal; 10-21-2016, 01:30 PM.
                          SETU TOQU PIMO 8454

Comment

Originally posted by ezcry4t3d View Post
                            Early first impressions....

I like the new blue scheme.
                            I'm not seeing a new keyed dungeon?
                            Map for Act 3 is pushed further left than Act 1 & 2 and some of the dungeons are underneath the selection worlds on the left side.
                            Trials content does look expansive like it will keep us going for a very long time.
                            I've only played a few levels of Bounty Hunter so far, can't comment much on it until I get the skills unlocked.

Currently, I'm pretty unhappy with the CL points nerfs. A lot of time went into earning those and now they're a LOT less useful.
                            Leaving the points placed as they were before the update I can barely do Gorgona on my DPS warrior (I had to switch back to CC minions) and I can't kill anything in the first pull at all with my Exp warrior. Getting to whatever the new level cap is and/or rebalancing the points based on the new nerfed values might help some (if I get around to that), but it still seems like 920 CL ought to let me easily do the dungeon at any character level.
                            What are the CL points nerfs? Is it this below or something else?

- Champion bounses for Power, Attack Speed, Life Regen, Life on Hit have been reduced.
                            - Critical Rating offers less critical chance % per point.
                            - Monster's damage and life have been reduced across the table.
                            Kelton - YIJO MIWE BIHO 1067

Comment

nerfed by 1/4 each. but also they nerfed how much of each point is needed to reach teh same level. So it is a double nerf.

Comment

Working...
                              X