Warrior ANB question for the vets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warrior ANB question for the vets

So I'm a somewhat casual player, almost always run a 6F set, always place in the top 250, have hit top 100 once or twice. Have always used BoWS, ToS, and CoQ.

During this gold ANB I was thinking of dropping the CoQ for either ToP or VoWS. Has anyone had any success with this? Not having to max cleave and Frenzy as secondary would make hitting level 10 on everything much easier. Also think the play style may suit me better, but it's hard to say.

Anyhow, just wondering if anyone has tried it/liked it/has any tips on playing with that setup.

Also I always use bladestorm armaments, charge/leap/WW, power/celerity/tough as nails, physical damage on anything I can add it to.

Thanks!

I wouldn't use ToP, particularly if you're using ToS. The cool down is the same for both, so it is a bad combination. If you use Qol the a Templar belt is good, along with parry on a couple of items of gear. Switching between farming and push gear is tricky. A WW bracer and Whirling storm belt is great for farming tl 105, along with ToS and VoWS. I'm like you, Usually reach the top 100 in ANBs but can't reach the Olympian heights Look at bi-schooling trinkets, belts and bracers. Great for 6 F and not banned (just a use with discretion) as the devs may decide to remove it and you could lose gear.

Comment

I guess I was thinking that ToS with ToP would have you hitting pretty hard quite often...assuming the cool downs are at least somewhat staggered. Then with a good amount of AR, you'd be mowing down crowds and bosses. I assumed it wasn't a great setup, as I've never seen anyone do it...maybe I'll just wait until ANB is over and try it on my main. I think I have a few ToP's stashed somewhere that are half decent.

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        All talismans share the same cooldown, so you are better off just using one talisman; ToP for FireLily XP farmer and ToS for critical push build. Most players are using VoWS for the second trinket slot.

Oh, and is it really worth adding in nature damage when it only applies to WW? I guess maybe if you have a nice WW BoM, but I usually only see people do that when they are basically half/half with types of damage they're using

Comment

• Skyla
        Skyla commented
        Editing a comment
        Nature dmg applies to everything about a full fury set. Whirlwind, as well as tornadoes, and storm of swords are all nature dmg. Iwanna say the burst from BoWS is nature dmg too haha but I'll have to check that one. You'd be doing yourself a favor to try it out.
        Last edited by Skyla; 09-10-2022, 11:04 AM.

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, you will get more damage from your Tornadoes. Use Physcial Damage and Nature Damage on trinkets, bracer, and belt for the most damage and fastest clear times.

• bojck
        bojck commented
        Editing a comment
        Storm of Swords is physical as I recall

I would think your best bet for change would be to try out VoWS. Stack nature dmg and negate maxing frenzy, as the only real benefit of that is the blazing speed, and that can be balanced with proper jumps/ charges to make up any lost distance/ time. Vows will give you the haste and you can even manually rotate between attacking with cleave/ frenzy to get the effect that CoQ gives. I would imagine you'd have a bit of luck transitioning from your play style to that, and should get you a few more levels in the LB. Cheers! And Good Luck!
      QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
      Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

So just an update: I ran 6F, and tried ToS and VoWS. Only used physical damage as I had already made too many pieces to change at that point (that said, next ANB I will try nature/physical damage combo). Rather shocked at the results...I was on vacation so I left nearly 3 hours on the clock, CL was just over 1000, and I cleared TL125 with ease...ended up in the top 200.

On my main with perfect jewelry, full 77 CT kit, CL2150 I haven't been able to touch TL140 yet. That's with ToS and CoQ. I'm going to try to get a 77 VoWS and see what happens...

Thanks for all the responses!

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! If you ever hit a plateau, you can usually get good tips from veteran players in the forum or on Discord. Glad you are seeing some progress.
      Working...
      X