Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does mage fare so terribly compared to BH and warrior when pushing in AnB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does mage fare so terribly compared to BH and warrior when pushing in AnB?

It seems that warrior and BH can push so much further than mage can. I don't understand why this is or what combination of factor/s causes this.

As a small note drawn from such a fact it appears to be the case that playing mage in AnB is better for getting medals while BH appears to be the worst for that.

Not really sure why you feel that warriors push further than mages. Looking at the leaderboard for Bronze # 18 Master and the warriors and mages are intermingled at the same trial levels. Hunters are definitely higher courtesy of their Molten Belt.

At least hunters are the worst for farming XP.

Which league were you looking at?
    Last edited by Tin Man; 10-02-2022, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Every league which isn't masters lmao.

From https://eternium-pulse.gitlab.io/anb-18/bronze/ we have a rough difference 15 trial levels looking at places 1-15 in contender, about 6 trials levels for 1-15 in veteran and about 1-2 trial levels for 1-15 in master.

Don't really know how people manage to get over 2k cl in AnB tho I can barely manage getting 1.4k haha.

Found that osmosis can push me up about another 5 tl levels from 107 to 112 https://eternium-pulse.gitlab.io/anb.../veteran/mage/ >Akibruk that's me but I suppose I'm looking for ways to get the glory from the last 2 rewards in AnB but I guess I'd get destroyed in the master league lol.
      Last edited by ; 10-01-2022, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        TL 112 with CL 1251 while running experience gear is pretty good. This was all done while you were running without a Bracer of Mastery and running a mage configured for Fire Lily but without using a Fire Lily.

The Vial of the Wind Spirit (VotWS) is really not the best option if you are only going to run one trinket other than the Charm of QoL. ELR mages have Shatter. The VotWS does not contribute a whole lot to the greater scheme of things. The damage contributed by your VotWS was just 2.91% of your total damage.

Running a Fire Lily? Talisman of Power is the way to go.

Running Critical Build? Talisman of Storms is the way to go.

The VotWS is really only used when you do not have the GMC weapon set or as the second trinket to a Talisman of Storms.

Take a look at Bojck's mage guide and you should get multiple pointers to improve your build.

Edit: tutorials are up-to-date for version 1.13.2. Please feel free to comment under each part or after the last one. Part -1: The ELR Cheatsheet You are aiming for the following items for the default ELR Frostbeam build: - ELR armor set: 6 pieces - GMC weapons: 2 pieces - staff and tome - Frostfire sash - Vial of Wind

I suspected that you were running non-Windows/Steam when I saw that you are using the Charm of Qol and just verified that you are playing on an Android device. For your level? Consider running a Fire ELR build focused around Death from Above since that build does not suffer the same vortex issue when using Beam.

Getting CL 2000 during a Bronze or Silver ANB? Is all about being patient and grinding. With a mage? Is about keeping your farming TL runs post-level 70 down to 1:30 or less with the highest XP value possible. Is all about the grind, grind, grind and grind.

Probably your biggest limiting factors during Bronze # 18 were not having a beam Bracer of Mastery or at least a Fire Lily since you are running a mage configured for Fire Lily. Critical Build for pushing is superior to Fire Lily build for pushing above around CL 1200 though the two can still be rather close in the hands of a talented player.

Critical Build vs. non-critical build without a Fire Lily for pushing means that the critical build is superior almost immediately.

Beam ELR shines for farming XP when equipped with a Fire Lily and properly configured.

Tweak your gear. Get your BoM unlocked and your Fire Lily unlocked and life will be much more enjoyable for you.

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        This is what it feels like to chew 5 gum. jk lmao

Looked at some builds and thought hey I can do that without all those clearly essential items, off I go on my merry way to do that and so I did.

>The VotWS is really only used when you do not have the GMC weapon set or as the second trinket to a Talisman of Storms

Right, guess I mixed up some best practise when playing off meta with the Arcanist and playing with ELR, small regret of spending 20 glory for that.

I know I need a fire lily and BoM unlock but I don't regret unlocking the whole fury set first tho. Probably will unlock ToP first then work on the lily, that'd probably allow me to push a little bit harder this AnB.

This was all done while you were running without a Bracer of Mastery and running a mage configured for Fire Lily but without using a Fire Lily.
      aw yup
      Click image for larger version

Name:	dG9ydGVkZGQuanBn.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	214578

Comment

Working...
      X