Best way to get Gold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to get Gold?

Even though crafting is much cheaper in ANB events, it still needs materials (which are easily earned vi Salvaging items) and gold. But running trials doesn't generate much gold. Running story mode generates more gold than trials, but doesn't generate items as suitable for salvaging as trials do.

So, what's the best method for generating a balanced combination of materials and gold for crafting items during ANB events?

So far, and this is just me so I might be wrong ?, but I've found:

Starting with Story to get crafting materials, then moving on to trials when Hero is adequate. If you have some gems & glory already crafting ephemeral is cheaper and Epic set items only require 1 titan. Make one item benefit gold, another experience, the third whatever you want. This should help get the Hero level higher and fill coffers earlier. Beware of the caveat: it seems this ANB material conversion (Mithril, Silver Ingot, Enchanted Leather, Nightcloth is at full price 1k gp/unit). Cash in ephemeral items every few levels and craft new ones to keep armour and income rates up, Cash in common items after every story run (common are more value as gp than salvage). Kara's island (available @L20 with key) is good for high level set items, precious gemstones (like a mini-trial). Finally, even though it can get time consuming, kick all the crates in story runs.

Comment

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, all non-ephemeral items during ANBs are full price, like jewelry and the things that you mentioned.

For many? Running trials begins as soon as the hero is level 10.

My favorite best method is the one that you discount. I prefer to XP/EG farm gold while running trials. This is especially nice for during Gold ANBs.

Warrior and mage experience farming METAs are very good at simultaneous farming of experience and gold while running trials. The 6 Fury setup only needs Epics for experience farming which means you can add the fourth stat of Extra Gold for most pieces.

The Fire Lily build ELR is the same thing. You really only need Epics. Extra Gold most places means getting 10+ million gold while farming experience without really trying. Does mean running constant Greater Currency Boosters but I would do that anyway even if I do dedicated gold farming. I want the gemstones for crafting.

Combined XP/EG is the most balanced way to generate materials and gold in my questionable opinion.

Knowing that is not the answer for which you are looking?

Go to responses for story levels:

1-10 The Severed Mountain - Quick to get to and good yield for your time. Standard is around 200+ runs with one booster. Yield is 5+M gold per booster without too much focus and 6+M when more deliberate even without optimal gear.

4-43 Darkhold Citadel - Takes some time to get to but the generally best gold farming level. Standard is around 100+ runs with one booster. Yield is 9+M gold per booster.

This is with either a mage or hunter. Has been a long time since I have farmed gold with a warrior though back in the day 1-10 used to be good for warriors too.

Other story levels:

1-11 The Siege of Anderhelm - Additional materials and Books of Learning for your trouble. I am not familiar with the gold haul.

4-47 Morgenheim - Additional materials and Books of Learning. I know one warrior in particular that likes to go here for Bronze and Silver ANBs to get the books to level up their abilities.

There may be others. These are just the ones that I see mentioned most.

Comment

• Ender1970
      Ender1970 commented
      Editing a comment
      For 200 runs on Severed Mountain on one booster, do you not wait for the gold to gather in after opening the chest, before leaving the level? I feel like I'm missing something because I can move and kill quickly, but waiting for the gold takes half my time. Is there a trick to gathering it in more quickly?

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Ender1970 The majority of the gold flies to you in the first 3-4s. So, yes, I leave the level when the gold is still flying.

Keep in mind that after 20 starts to a level that your random starting locations begin and that means that you sometimes spawn right next to the treasure chest and there is no Magroth and the entire run takes around 5s. Those extra little seconds add up to more runs which equates to more gold overall. The open the chests and scoot applies to 4-43 too.

For those that are sense of time hobbled like myself? The 3-4s is about the time it takes for the stuff from monsters that you have killed earlier in the level to be received by your hero. Received all that stuff? Get out immediately.

I am far from a top gold farmer. What I have shared are things that I can repeatedly do for 1-10 and 4-43. Keep in mind that gold is boosted during ANBs.

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      If you craft an XP farmer jewelry set with XP, XG, and one of Power/Haste and add XG to a couple of pieces of gear, then you will never need to farm gold again. You will get all you need from grinding trials.

Does anyone use
    1.16. The broken dragon ?

...have used it to some extent by cause of extreme silver ore shortage
    Personally, I suspect that once you start spawning randomly in 1.10 the gold haul is better in 1.11 and basic materials (ore, silk) can possibly play an important part at some stage in crafting, as buying the 25k boxes can really stifle your crafting progression, being a gold grave once you have run out of a basic material.

​​​​​​Whatever your class, practice your gold runs before ANB and try and make them as time efficient as possible whilst using the right gear with correct stats. In ANB, at low CLs you may need a bit more added power to kill everyone (and not waste time finding the foe that got away but stops you opening the chest) and at higher CLs move over to even more ability rate. Consider using coffee and , once you have enough MOTs , make some blue shoes and pants until you get some with great movement speed (ms\xg stat only but 75-77). Consider making pure gold jewelry (128-133% xg) just for gold farming.

Once you get more comfortable\experienced in ANB, moving more of your gold farming to Trials (in combination with xp farming} seems to be the way to go...
    Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)
    [ BrokenGarm , LenniGold , LenniXP ]

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      Broken Dragon is better for gemstone drops, but not for gold, especially once you clear the first 20 runs and start dropping into the map on top of the mountain.

• Bali_Lenni
      Bali_Lenni commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha...allright Severed Mountain seems to win over the SiegeoA considering pure gold. However: 1. it gets incredibly boring 2. few books and materials (which will cost huge amounts of gold later on)
      TBD is definitely not so good for gold but good for gemstones (and I suspect silver ore as well and quite often you get some silver ornament and night cloth) - so, sometimes I use it as a supplement getting close to bag 2/3/4 to craft 1 more push 76 or 77 when some basic materia isl close to running out.

I suppose it is about finding the right mix depending on crafting goals and what material/gemstone/gold is missing the most....

Morgenheim and Dark Citadel are unbeatable o.c, but may take too much time to get to.

This gold ANB will be running trials with xp 3660% and xg 2261% [warrior/dual]. Never having run this high xg, I am very curious to see if gold will be enough for crafting, or if I will still need a quick mageFarmer to round it up....

Yes, I use TBD a lot for the gems it provides as well as gold. Though now with Tin Man's response (thanks!) I'm guessing I might go more with Severed Hand for the main grinding for gold.

Comment

• Bali_Lenni
      Bali_Lenni commented
      Editing a comment
      ;-) ...don' lose your hand to Magroth at the mountain :-)

Update on farming gold in trials (meant for new players as a rough reference by giving an example of what this could look like, please consider that pro T&G\keyboard players achieve much better results)

ANB Gold
    Mobile
    Warrior, 6Furyset, xp on everything, 300 Vit with Sanguinarius\WWaxe weapon combo., 2 boxjewelry with xg (2*112.5) and one crafted jewelry (71%xg), 6 gear items with xg, resulting in 2277% xg (running on 200% xg booster all the way). No goldfarming outside trials, except in the very beginning to craft farming set and 2 green push jewelry sets ready for fusing. Started Trial-farming with less than 100k gold.
    Result (with 2h44m event timer left) : 7,4 million gold and CL 1927
    Personal verdict: Very happy with the result. For my skill level, I was surprised how little impedement all that xg had on my trial times, hence final CL achieved. I did have some trouble staying under a minute in trials 100\105 at some stages, but did it without any weapon enchantment, and ended up playing much less 105 than usual. So all in all the final CL result is very close to what I usually achieve (with much less xg ) with the added bonus of roughly 5-6 million in gold (translating into roughly 30 minutes saved by not xg-farming).

So in the 'what I would have done differently as a new\intermediate player' category, seriously farming gold in trials would definitely be on that list.

Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)
    [ BrokenGarm , LenniGold , LenniXP ]

Comment

• Bali_Lenni
      Bali_Lenni commented
      Editing a comment
      7,4m took me to 114 crafts and juuust short of that 4th 76....unless I opt to sacrifice a few minutes of push time {1h17 left to try and make 139 and 140 - which would be a new personal best) ....we'll see tomorrow after a good night's sleep...
Working...
X