Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quicky leveling a mage to 70 in ANB for players with some basic experience..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quicky leveling a mage to 70 in ANB for players with some basic experience..

Had a player ask me about this. There are some great videos on the subject by some great players, but I could not find all the links anymore, just make a search and you will find them.

Since there seems to be no written guideline in the forum on this specific subject (or me just too daft to find it ?), I am copypasting my quickly madeup answer for anyone interested. Please see it as a first general idea and do find some videos and\or guidelines which were made more carefully by players who know much more than this one .

• Quick leveling in a nutshell (mage working up to a DfAish build for starters):

Basically in the beginning one needs very little gear:
      Story 1: equip\ lvl up Fireball & immo to 3 (do not lvl immo more than lvl4 max because of cooldown)
    • Story 2: only craft shoes\pants with movement speed
      ( often activate xp\xg boosters only at this point, or better still use only InGameBoosters once you get them. If on a budget save boosters for once you have good farmin gear)
      (lvl up movement speed when available, use passives like Fleetfooted, Celerity and GC, avoid toughness passive if possible) (( when you still have very few medals, test how much extra gear (blue) you need to get quick kills\survive. Once you have more medals, you need less gear\recrafting or put a lot of XG instead of other stats ))
      Story 3: should still be easy, only kill what is necessary to make all theses story maps as quick as possible. Craft minimum of gear, xp from gear is pretty irrelavant still...
      Story 4: Might need a Firelily at this stage (Brooch of Stormcaller is a great 2nd trinket ! or VoWs), if enough resources craft a pink one. Craft all other gear, maximum blue , all normal, xp & haste, at least new staff & pants & shoes (ms). GemBuy xp jewelry from time to time until it becomes too costly; personally I rarely craft xp jewelry to get to 70 as the gold is better used on crafting gear. Keep a check on your hero level and kill some more if it will make you get to lvl 10 (remember younare still getting quest xp from Alarion)

(( if enough gems use MoTs or Legendary Crate at this stage and make a GMC weapon set, or better still hang on until 2nd Trial\hero lvl 20ish to craft 1st GMC and possibly recraft Igneus only once))

Your hero should optimally have reached lvl. 10. If not do story 5 without recrafting anything.

Now move to trials. Optimally you craft the GMC weapon set (or see above for alternative) and if enough resources 1ELR robe & 1 more ELR (shoulder\DfA boost) for added NorthernWind time and extra dmg. . Stay in trials until lvl 70. Recraft as usual every 10 lvls or more or less, depending on resources\ clearance time, always prioritize main weapon {2nd weapon\book is expensive to recraft often}, shoes, pants. Trial 1 tends to be slow and litlle xp, but every following trial should be better and your xp gains as foes have a "higher level" than you and you get xp bonus for that. If you switch back and forth to story, you lose that advantage !
      Use dailies once or twice (usually around hero lvl 30-40ish or at 60ish or 20ish to craft a higher level Igneus). Recraft MoT items once around lvl.45-55 if keen on being superfast, but for normal fast, not necessary, well maybe just your Igneus staff to have enough power in the 60's .

When I use bought MoTs it takes about 16-18 minutes. Without, it took me 25 (this Silver, inGameBoosters). So not really a huge difference, looking at total event time and this being said big spendings on trying to get superfast to 70, can backfire later on in event! If you still have very few medals, aim for under 30 minutes.

Only once 70, finish story(TBD\Robin) and get companions using quickly crafted gold gear set. Then finish of xp booster on trials or play trials to get some boxes and\or farm some gold to start crafting first farming set....

This is one way of doing it. In my experience and form of play style, the key element is to go and do Trials from lvl 10 to 70 and not mix with story -whenever I do that, I get slower results. Do not play story 7 and upwards without a GMC set, and preferably already lvl 70 !

Good luck practicing and working out your personal style...
    • Bali_Lenni
      Bali_Lenni
      Regular

Yesterday, 11:41 AM
      usually I play Misty island after lvl. 70, or earlier if frostbeam was cooked up a bit (DfA is tricky early on, you do not want her yellow bubble to spawn). Often she gives great drops, but once your CL points are too high, Gorgona's drops will get less good..
    ​Yep, Story is a HUGE time waster (without GMC) starting map 7. So managing your resources very stingily and\or using gems\gold\dailies and crafting strict minimum allows you to stay in Trials from hero level 10 to 70. If, e.g., you lack a tiny bit of xp\resources for crafting, you can do a quick storymap2 !
    Btw, forgot to mention that many players rerun Trial 7 (TBDragon) 2or3 times to avoid playing 8\9 (Elban\Garm).

..that's it ! Remember his is just meant as a quick referenceand if serious on the subject, do find some better guides\videos on the subject..

Have&Make Fun !​
    Last edited by Bali_Lenni; 06-05-2023, 01:26 PM.
    Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)
    [ BrokenGarm , LenniGold , LenniXP ]

P.S. To get better TrialClearanceTimes, you may consider trying if not yet :

1.) delay first nova 2.) use DfA only as backup .
    Meaning start your run by aggroing (attack or pass close by while running) all mobs around you, including sidearms as necessary (depending on their size \ number of foes inside) and run direction end of map continuing to aggro by running past mobs. Once, maybe 5 to 12 seconds in, but before 15!sec.(aggro is lost), you feel you might start to lose aggro on mobs or because of sidearms, then cast your first nova and then continue 'running\aggroing by passing by' to the limit of your NorthernWind counter {this is where the ELR robe helps} and then shatter with Immolate and only use DfA to kill leftovers if necessary ;; Repeat until Boss Spawn.
    So the sequence is actually: (run, attack on the fly), Nova, (run & aggrorun to virgin grounds), Immo, etc. and not Nova,Immo,DfA,Nova etc.
    Last edited by Bali_Lenni; 06-05-2023, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Finally found the link for mage ANB lvl to 70 from Wispy https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=817x7iverlI
      (version with Legendary Crate \ MoTs)
      in the Compiled Guides

...where there also videos etc. for other classes

..sorry about that \\ much more elaborate info there !

Comment

Working...
      X