Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions from the slow geriatric in the corner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions from the slow geriatric in the corner!

Fellow Eternians,

As I am scouring through the forums (I am super impressed with all of the guides, tools, and sharing of experience by this community!), I see many mentions of the “Books of Learning” being utilized. This made my brain (what is remaining of it) slam on the brakes, as I thought they were simply lore. So, once I had read them, any collected, I simply cashed them in for the whopping 3 gold. So I searched for an explanation of how “Books of Learning” are to be utilized. I couldn’t find a post or guide. Could someone please point me to a post or provide a quick explanation on their purpose and use?

In an ANB event, if you have 3.5 minutes of your authorized event time remaining and you jump into a TL that takes you 7.5 minutes to complete, does it count towards your ranking?

I am a newb and this is my 3rd ANB event. I run a BH with 4H2D Fire Lily and focus on Power, Haste, Vitality, Movement Speed and Dodge, and use a smash and dash strategy. I have noticed that to be competitive in the higher TL’s (130ish and above), the Meta, with a few exceptions (players using gaming PC’s me thinks), one must have the 4H2D with focus on CR & CD, with Storm and Wind Trinkets, as well as the Igniter pistol set. It seems like all the other armor classes, trinkets, and weapons are simply fodder for the salvage bin. Are there no other options/alternatives in competitive set ups?

Originally posted by Thanatos67 View Post
    Fellow Eternians,

As I am scouring through the forums (I am super impressed with all of the guides, tools, and sharing of experience by this community!), I see many mentions of the “Books of Learning” being utilized. This made my brain (what is remaining of it) slam on the brakes, as I thought they were simply lore. So, once I had read them, any collected, I simply cashed them in for the whopping 3 gold. So I searched for an explanation of how “Books of Learning” are to be utilized. I couldn’t find a post or guide. Could someone please point me to a post or provide a quick explanation on their purpose and use?
    Books of Learning (often abbreviated BoLs) drops from Elites or Bosses in ANB only, but are usable anytime/anywhere. The three types (Lesser, Normal or Greater) removes respectively 10mn, 1 hour or 3 hours from the remaining upgrading time in the ability slot(s). Long story short, BoLs allow to upgrade abilities faster.

In an ANB event, if you have 3.5 minutes of your authorized event time remaining and you jump into a TL that takes you 7.5 minutes to complete, does it count towards your ranking?
    It still counts, but it's risky. If you have any timeout with the server during the trial, it won't be recorded and you won't have another chance at it. Use at your own risk!

II am a newb and this is my 3rd ANB event. I run a BH with 4H2D Fire Lily and focus on Power, Haste, Vitality, Movement Speed and Dodge, and use a smash and dash strategy. I have noticed that to be competitive in the higher TL’s (130ish and above), the Meta, with a few exceptions (players using gaming PC’s me thinks), one must have the 4H2D with focus on CR & CD, with Storm and Wind Trinkets, as well as the Igniter pistol set. It seems like all the other armor classes, trinkets, and weapons are simply fodder for the salvage bin. Are there no other options/alternatives in competitive set ups?
    I'm not playing BH, so hopefully more experienced players will give you better advice. So far 4H2D is still the META, regardless of the recent updates. If there is any competitive variant to be found, it should lie somewhere at the top of the Leaderboard. My two cents.

Comment

Thanks Mxtof! Appreciate the feedback. I see that I was confused (a pretty easy thing these days)! I am tracking the time reduction application of the BoL’s. In my warped thinking, I thought there was a purpose from the books that drop the lore in story mode. ?

Comment

The lore books are only about the story telling, they're not required to complete a quest or unlock anything whatsoever. They can be either kept in inventory while 5-starring the map (so they won't drop over and again on each run), or sold for the terrific 3 gold price.

Comment

Working...
        X