1.4.42 Release Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
    Leaderboards are now disabled between seasons.
    Originally posted by szin View Post
    Definitely no user experience improvement here.
    Well, they did not remove the unwanted, unneeded, ineffective and totally unloved starting position randomizer, but in the end they had to remove something. So, why not remove a feature nobody asked to be removed? Nobody asked them to change the trial difficulty levels either, so... </sarcasm> (I can't help it)

Sometimes I love the german language for it's near-to-unique ability to make up words for the most peculiar behaviors. A german word matching the behavior of DP handling game-related issues would be "Verschlimmbesserung", which is an oxymoron made up from "Verbesserung" (improvement) and "Verschlechterung" (deterioration). I am sure they have only the best intentions, but sometimes they simply don't seem to have the right touch.
    MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 126

Mobile only
    (Inactive / not playing atm - just had enough of DP's bullshit bug bingo)

Comment

Fwiw, the team is working on a way to reduce the amount of time between events and seasons.

Comment

• LodWig
        LodWig commented
        Editing a comment
        I for one don't mind to have more relaxed time between competitive events. It give opportunity to test new things, without the fear to "lag behind". To reduce the heat, also, I would welcome a two week pause between leagues, and a shorter timer at least for bronze and silver.
        But, of course, you can't please everybody...
        (And I can skips every other events if I want to rest, even if I'm not totally satisfied with where I am in game.)

Is there any ETA on the PC version? Also, I noticed that both Google Play and Amazon Appstore said that the app was updated on the 20th, but only Amazon lists it as the 1.4.42 version on the download page. Google still says 1.4.38.

Comment

• Nhat
        Nhat commented
        Editing a comment
        I've seen mention of it been available on pc already, but looks like you need to uninstall and reinstall to get the new version - it's not picking up the update for some reason...

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Nhat is correct. It was available yesterday on PC and I had to uninstall / reinstall to pick up the latest version.

My Kindle did update automatically, mid Trial which was a minor annoyance as the game shutdown and restarted ><

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        My Windows 10 upgraded itself. All I had to do was stop playing the game and close the app.

The next time I opened the app it was updated to v1.4.42.

Back to my gold farming.

Thanks guys. I had had that thought, but I was wondering if anyone had any insight first. My Fire 10 HD didn't automatically update, but I went to the update at the Google Store, and I was able to update without uninstall/reinstall. Well, I'm gonna do the reinstall now on the PC & we'll see how things go. Thanks again

Comment

I'm all set on the PC now, thanks all. Tin Man, I wonder why yours upgraded automatically and mine didn't. I logged into the game on the pc several times after it was available, but it never did. Oh well, not to worry, I'm on 1.4.42 now on both pc and tablet

Comment

• Tin Man
          Tin Man commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't just log out. I actually closed the program also. I doubt the program will update when the program is already open.

I tend to close the program whenever I log out.

Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
        Hey all and a Happy New Year. We just released 1.4.42 on Google Play, soon to be released on all other platforms.
        Can you explain how this could be released on google play at least 4 days ago and yet it still shows the 1.4.38 version when I go to google play???
        (And it doesn't matter if I access it with my phone, tablet or PC. It's always the same.)

Comment

Originally posted by Invector View Post

Can you explain how this could be released on google play at least 4 days ago and yet it still shows the 1.4.38 version when I go to google play???
          (And it doesn't matter if I access it with my phone, tablet or PC. It's always the same.)
          Just checking, have you tried clearing the cache for the Google Play Store app on your device?

Although the current website still shows the old version and release notes - but with the new "Updated" date.
          Screenshot from 2020-01-24 10-42-11.png
          Eternium Files - links and details Eternium Guides:

Comment

• Invector
            Invector commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I've tried clearing the cache multiple times. Doesn't change anything.

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
          I do not know about others but I already spend more time than I should trying to help others.
          And we are very grateful for that help. Many thanks Tin Man.

1.11.11/CL2186

Comment

Originally posted by Invector View Post

1.4.42 has been fully rolled out on Google. If you're not seeing it in the Play Store, try the following:

1. Open your app manager and find the Play Store app.
            2. Force close the app.
            3. Clear the app cache.
            4. uninstall the updates (there's a button).
            5. Restart your device.
            6. Check for the update.

Comment

• Tin Man
              Tin Man commented
              Editing a comment
              I am still only seeing v1.4.42 as a beta on my device that has not been upgraded.

• Invector
              Invector commented
              Editing a comment
              I've tried everything but #4 multiple times, and if there is an "uninstall the updates" button I can't find it?

Tin Man, I didn't just log out, I also closed the program, and I rebooted the pc multiple times after the point that it was available in the Microsoft Store, so that's not the difference. Who knows why mine didn't automatically update. Anyway, I got it updated manually.

Comment

It seems I misspoke. I was under the impression that it was fully rolled out on Google, but according to the dashboard, it is only rolled out to 95%. So, if you don't see the update, you fall in that 5%. I'll see if I can nudge the devs to roll it out to 100%, so everyone gets the event.

Comment

• Blp88blue
                Blp88blue commented
                Editing a comment
                What if it doesn't drop before event end?

Looks like 5% Google people are missing nice gold and exp boost...

Comment

Finally!!!!
                I checked google play again this morning and the update is finally there. Thanks Travis!

Comment

The 95% rollout is a safety measure. At 95% you can still roll back the release on the store, once you get to 100% rollout, the rollback option is no longer available.

Comment

Just download 1.4.43 and whirlwind animation is still bugged. This has been bugged ever since 1.4.11 was released in July last year. Is that on the table to be fixed at some point?
                    DUCI HEXA YIWA 0721

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                      Travis | Support Mgr. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      At some point, yes, but it doesn't affect gameplay, so it's not a priority.
                  Working...
                  X