1.5.99/.100 Release Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.5.99/.100 Release Notes

Game version 1.5.99 is now available to 25% of Google players (randomly selected by Google)!

Release notes:
    - Side quests added back to the story line
    - Performance optimizations
    - A display bug with ability upgrade icons fixed
    - Leaderboard results not posting fixed. You no longer need to beat your previous score when a score fails to post due to connectivity issues.
    - Not enough mobs in Trials fixed
    - Recurring 1.5.73 release notes message fixed

This build will start rolling out to everyone throughout the week. Please notify me of any new issues you are seeing.

What are side quests?

Comment

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      What are commonly called side-quests are the quests that are received from the NPCs besides Alarion except for a few. These are the quests that were being received after you completed Normal the first time and are the ones that become most of the Daily Quests.

The side-quests originally ran parallel with the main quests from Alarion but where separated some time ago. Was obnoxious because the gold and experience earned from them was meaningless once you finished Normal and were level 70 and beyond. The rewards were set for when you were far earlier in the game, especially the Act I side-quests. Also, the disjointed side-quests made no sense with the story line when they were separated.

The new v1.5.99 update restores the side-quests to running in parallel with the main-quests. This is welcomed by every player that I know.

Will also allow the Daily Quests to be unlocked faster.

• spartanhooah
      spartanhooah commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the explanation.

I thought I want to start running the 5 star for one of my new character.
    wow so many what do we call it? Quest?
    I luv it. Thanks Hv a nice day
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheExorcist; 03-29-2023, 01:38 PM.
    Shield warrior Lover

Comment

• Arawn
      Arawn commented
      Editing a comment
      TheExorcist Well now look who decided to show up again! I thought you were another fallen comrade

Interesting ... I for one (among many) never understood the logic in removing the side requests to start with.

So, now wondering aloud if this is the start of the game edits requested by Travis | Support Mgr. in his "What would you change?" thread in the Feedback & Suggestions subforum.

Teebs was vociferous about re-instating the side requests in his comment.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome sauce!

• Teebs
      Teebs commented
      Editing a comment
      The rationale provided for removing them was that with the Steam release, the Side-Quests created an increased support burden. Too many new players not bothering to read the text or even check the forums for how to complete the side-quests causing players to write to support simply to ask how to complete a side quest.

However - this resulted in a number of side-quests being totally out of synch. The majority of rewards from the side-quests only make sense in the context of the main quest line / first play through.

The ultimate though was the final side-quest. The 'reward' from the final side-quest was to find out how to defeat Kara. However, you only could get this reward in the revised iteration (where the side-quests were available only after completing the first run-through) when you had already defeated Kara. You are told how to defeat Kara - AFTER you have defeated Kara. That was the final straw for me and what made me so "vociferous" in pleading the case for reinstating the side-quests along with the main quest line.

• WarriorSeven
      WarriorSeven commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad they fixed this. Thanks, Teebs, for the background info.

Any idea when v1.5.99 will be available for the other platforms?

Those that play on non-Android platforms will be at a disadvantage until the same changes are rolled out to all platforms.

Comment

On the way to update.

Comment

I still have not received the update.

Comment

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Which platform? Have you gone to the appropriate store and tried to manual check for the update?

Android yes i have tried.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Travis | Support Mgr. commented
        Editing a comment
        It wasn't available to all Android/Google players until a few minutes ago. At the time of your post, it was only available to 75% of Google players.

Was there also a change to the treasure chest rewards? I'm noticing set and unique items in there occasionally, which I don't remember seeing before. I think that was also a request on the feedback thread, so that would be awesome if you guys added that too!

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Editing a comment
        Nope. No changes to the drop table in this build.

• ejmw
        ejmw commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmm, I didn't mean the drops, I meant the gear packs (but didn't know what to call them).

I've opened a couple of Large Treasures from this season and seen a Bracer of Mastery and an Integralas Mantle, don't remember ever getting any unique items in those before.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
        Editing a comment
        The term "drop table" also refers to what comes from chests (or card packs in a CCG).
    Working...
    X