now pushing update v1.16.13 on all platforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now pushing update v1.16.13 on all platforms

Thanks to everyone who reported bugs on Discord, especially to the folks who provided great descriptions and screenshots! We made a bunch of fixes this morning and we are now submitting builds for ASAP release on all platforms. Google is already rolling out. Others will follow with timing mostly out of our hands. We hope to have all platforms fully live and validated in time to start Bronze on Monday.​

Our general cadence is major updates between / start of season and minor updates that don’t mess with the season structure between events mid / late season. We’ll sort of violate that policy with our next release with some improvements to the season, but these are things that should be pretty safe to add. The way we changed how season XP is earned in this release was a massive structural change that will now support some cool extensions from that.

Most of the issues surrounding the lack of appropriate activity incrementing items in bounties or bounties unable to be collected were effects of a single root cause, which is that random numbers work differently on different platforms, something that is not the case in Unity, so it was a learning experience. Bounties were showing up in the wrong categories and were unable to resolve. That is fixed in the new build.

The errors in this category that were not caused by cross-platform play were the result of the sheer number of new ways XP is earned - things slipped between the cracks, like crafting a ring was counted as crafting but not ring crafting.

Manastim not working until it was removed and re-socketed and the wrong crit damage on Lethalade were likely an instance of a general problem introduced by increasing the number of Spirit Stones that can now be equipped with the new Cape of the Ancestral Spirits. With the increase we created a cap on the allowed effect equivalent to three top-level Stones, and that was being calculated incorrectly. Both issues are fixed. We should have caught this in our testing. We could still improve the explanation of how the % multipliers work for Spirit Stones.

The bug around quantity 3 on the season pass line was caused by a stacking issue on the display code for the UI (user interface) rewards. The buy premium screen shows the correct numbers, the correct reward was given, but people thought the reward would be higher. We should have caught this in our testing. Sorry!

People who were seeing crashes on devices running super old versions of Android should now be OK. This was related to reintroducing notifications for things like your upgrade is complete using a somewhat modern API that was not supported in those devices. I say “somewhat modern” because that API itself was deprecated around Android 12, so people running 13+ still don’t have notifications (but at least they aren't crashing). We’ll get notifications working on modern OS’s in an upcoming release. I’m not sure how long we’ll be able to keep supporting versions of Android so old that Google doesn’t even really support them. (They force us to upgrade to a more modern version of the Android SDK every year or so.)

While we do a lot of testing internally before we release, it is impossible for us to catch everything. We appreciate the community’s helpful testing and bug reports. The process of making major changes in between and at the start of seasons - and not during or right before competitive events - will hopefully reduce the chances of something breaking when it really matters.

John

Please, please, please stop starting ANBs on Mondays.

For those of us who have to work for a living having only one weekend for serious game play is a major impediment.
    KUSA GAJE GASU 4903

CL 2367

Comment

I play on Windows PC but for some reason I can't get the update to v1.16.13 yet. I am running the v1.16.11.1 at the moment. Any idea when it will be released on MS? TIA
      ZANO QUQU HIMA 4014

Comment

• WarriorSeven
        WarriorSeven commented
        Editing a comment
        As of this post, it appears MS and Apple are (again) late with this update.

Originally posted by Pawado View Post
      I play on Windows PC but for some reason I can't get the update to v1.16.13 yet. I am running the v1.16.11.1 at the moment. Any idea when it will be released on MS? TIA
      Thanks for confirming. Looking for patience now
      ZANO QUQU HIMA 4014

Comment

Originally posted by Pawado View Post

Thanks for confirming. Looking for patience now
        Wow 8 days later and still no update from MS Windows
        ZANO QUQU HIMA 4014

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
          Travis | Support Mgr. commented
          Editing a comment
          1.16.13 has been available on all platforms since the 11th. Not only available, but forced. In other words, you already have the update if you've played the game in the last week.
      Working...
      X