6pc Demo BH, Gold ANB report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6pc Demo BH, Gold ANB report

4th ANB for me. 2nd on BH. Playing on an iPad Pro. Had a gem surplus which I used. Even spent some money for books. Went with a full Demo 6 pc instead of the more common Havoc Head/Gloves and 4pc Demo. I used 2 Havoc/4 Demo for XP/XG. 6pc Demo to push. I do not have Lily unlocked and did not get an early drop so I went with a Crit build. Crit is one thing that still feels low in the build, though I think it is on. Every piece of gear and maybe one enchant? Also running Qol which is probably sub optimal, but there is really no way I am going to keep up Bomb stacks from Explosive Shot and take advantage of the Lethal dmg bonus rotating manually while also moving and throwing abilities on a touch screen. You can really only do one thing at a time on a mobile as far as I can tell. I decided not to use the Vial of Winds because I noticed that in other builds it was doing a lot of the damage and I wanted a build that did not rely on that. Think it works better with Lily in any case some I dont think it crits. Dunno if that is accurate or not.

I am new to the game and happy with the outcome. Got my CTs and two 77s, though I would have liked a 77 Chest. Think I unlocked the CD talisman with Glory, saving the rest. Probably won’t make it to 120.

I have about 40 minutes left and feel a bit stalled at 118, though my numbers look like I shouldn’t be. My numbers look pretty good to me (looking through my newb eyes). I posted my LB so you can go look up my gear and numbers if you so wish. (Funny that Pewpew and Pewpewpew are right next to each other on the LB at that moment. No connection and Pewpew seems to be a Stalker build.) I have really begun to notice the impact of CL, Medals and of course 77s. I have crafted ok jewelry, but not used a bunch of gemstones doing it. That is something I still need to do, but if you have gold then crafting jewelry during events is a pretty good thing to do since it takes no play time and is happening while your skills build. I used books, but also waited a lot for skills to level.

The Demo build is pretty fun. It is also a Lethal Shot build as you can see from the dmg. Since I am not using Havoc, I don’t use Heatseekers. I use Snipe instead. SNipe only does a small portion of direct damage, but with RF buff it is lethal, and the build benefits from killing single targets amongst the pull. There is some sort of stack between things that when it adds up on a single target/boss it does a great deal of burst damage. I am not sure what does this. I think it is a combo of Tracer stacks and buffs including Molten, Rapid Fire buff, Snipe and the way Bomb stacks effect dmg.? Boss fights are often just going along piece by piece and then suddenly a bunch of their health is just deleted. I think its when all the stacks align for a Snipe and the Snipe DoT. Of course with large mob pulls you stack the bombs and then Rapid Fire with Lethal Shot followed by Snipe into it, which detonates the entire pull usually wiping them out in the process. Takes a while to build though. At higher levels I sometimes have to repeat the process a few times. Have to get everyone ‘infected’ with a bomb. Not “instantaneous” like Stalker or Mages ELR. I am learning to pull the bomb group along bringing in new mobs, but I still die during the pulls at higher levels sometimes. Don’t die much in boss fights with this build.

The 6pc Demo means that you have 5X50% damage bonus from Sticky Bombs up most of the time. In large pulls you still want to focus a single target since a Bombed target dying places bombs on everything in your magnetic trap. This is why I think Rapid Fire (Lethal) ->Snipe with Piercing Ammo is better for pulls. I feel it is certainly better for Bosses, but could be wrong. I could probably up my AR, but I already struggle to keep up while having to move all the time to survive... even though Pew is pretty tough. He can tank TBD Overflow at 117, meaning he can fight right next to him and avoid the ground attacks. Just have to move for breath attack.

Anyway... here is my attempt with 40 minutes, left. Only two - 2x Havoc/4x Demo builds in the top 100 I think. At least one of those was a Lily build last time I looked. Don’t think I will make it into the top100 or to TL 120, but still pretty happy and def had fun. All roasting, criticism, helpful suggestions, songs and poetic efforts are welcome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2C66A31E-9C58-47ED-ACB2-550EB68241DC.jpeg
Views:	1614
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	182037

Name:	CE85FB7B-7EBB-4B29-9E07-8AAF1A24C9C4.jpeg
Views:	1043
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	182038

Name:	935360E3-4D50-4E5F-92FF-1BEE08E3DC88.jpeg
Views:	1053
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	182039

I am using the 4pc Demo with Havoc hood and gloves this ANB, but I only had about 1k gems to invest in this event and did not make any purchases. I have 2 hrs to go and just hit 900 CLs, so it feels like I am running behind from not buying any XP boosters (only using the ones earned from event milestones). I opened the Fire Lily trinket recipe once I hit level 70, and I am generally enjoying not running out of fire essences for a change, though I am always running out of shadow essences instead (Power and AR). It has been a nice change of pace from the old crit build, and since I don't have the resources to switch to a crit build for the final push, I will just ride Fire Lily out to the end. I am at TL100 now, so hitting TL110 seems well within reach. So far, I have only hit the TL120 milestone while running a traditional Stalker BH, so my expectations are rather low for that. I could probably make the switch to the 6 piece Demo set, but there was a bug early on that gave all Demo builds the 6pc bonus. I haven't seen confirmation that the bug was fixed in the latest version, but maybe I should run a test on my main account to be sure.

I know what you mean about feeling like you should not be slowing down in trials based on your damage stats. I think that the timer on Sticky Bomb explosions slows the Demo build BH down, though getting the sticky bombs spread across all of the trapped enemies helps a lot. Timing the chain reaction explosions seems to be the key. I have pushed my main account Demo BH to trial 124, but I have just over 2k CLs in the main account. I feel like I should be able to push higher than that but my Stalker BH always seems to be about 5 Trials ahead even with similar or slightly lesser stats.

Best of luck to you in the final stages of this one.

Comment

• AllDay
      AllDay commented
      Editing a comment
      What pistols for demo? And what pistols for stalker? Fairly new and thinking about running BH in silver ANB.

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      AllDay I use Igniters Pistols for Demo or Havoc builds to get the Tracer Ammo boost. Assassins' Pistols are a must for Stalker BH, so you can get the extra poison cloud from your Snipe hits. Of the two builds, Stalker is more powerful, but Demo is more fun. Keep in mind that the Demo armor requires Glory to open the recipes, so if you have not already opened those, I would recommend Stalker.

Not sure what hero class you are playing now, but it would be a good time to practice your BH skills before the next event starts. A BH needs more movement speed that the other two classes, so you can hit mobs then move quickly to avoid counter attacks.

Ok thanks I played warrior for bronze hit TL100 but I dont have full recipes for any class but I did get my crafting mastery to 50

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      Given that Silver ANB starts tomorrow afternoon. You would do better to use the set gear that you already have opened the recipes for crafting. If you do not have recipes for a full set, you will be stuck running the Epic gear from the epic boxes that are rewarded during the ANB event.

• AllDay
      AllDay commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I did in bronze just dont have all the sets unlocked on anything but I get what your saying thx for the replys

So I think full Havoc build with Lilly seems to be more effective as an alternative to Stalker. Seen a few TL130+ with that set up.

Comment

• Naktl
      Naktl commented
      Editing a comment
      Depends... I am playing all three Heroes. Unlocking Lily makes it available to all Heroes. BoM is class specific and a multi variable resource sink. I guess if you are focused on one hero type then BoM first since it is much better for push gear and whatnot.

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      Feels like the only BoMs worth having are for Shockwave (Warrior) and Frost Beam (Mage). The Snipe BoM for BH was a disappointment as it only affects the manual Snipe hits but not the Snipe procs. Unless you are pushing the top of leaderboard, you are probably better off just playing with whatever BoM drops or crafting the regular bracer with the type of damage that best matches your attacks.

• Naktl
      Naktl commented
      Editing a comment
      For the meta builds that seems right. I have a Lethal Shot BoM I use for 6pc Demo that works well. Similarly I have an Arcane Bolt BoM I use on Arcanist Mage that is pretty nice in the same way. None of them normally competitive outside of what you have mentioned though.

BTW: @Oz thank you for the excellent testing you do and share.
Working...
X