Extreme Dodge rating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Dodge rating?

Has anyone ever put as much dodge boosting gear on a BH as possible? Is there a max amount of dodge you can apply? Getting one shotted a lot. Even though my armor reduces damage by 80%. Need to see if I can survive longer. Ridiculous to face some of the bosses that shred you into tiny bite sized pieces.

A few hundred points in dodge seems to help a bit with diminishing returns after that. I use a few hundred on my mage and it seems to help a bit with survivability in higher trials. Idk about bh, never really played as one, but judging by the leaderboards bhs seem to be the flimsiest of the classes - almost every bh on the leaderboard has at least a few deaths in trials and the top 2 bhs each have over 20 deaths! I prefer not dying, so I will stick to mage and some messing around with warrior on lower trials for now.

Comment

• DethStrike
      DethStrike commented
      Editing a comment
      My gods, it's so very, Very true lol. Playing around with mage alongside BH the last couple ANB's, and Mage & Warrior this ANB. It's such a weird, unexpected treat to not be playing glorified tissue paper with pistols.

The warrior has so many defensive options, as well as life gain methods. The mage has less options, but cold control and the comfy range makes reacting to threats so easy.

Both are much faster paced and fun by comparison, and I just have been a little vexed with my old favorite BH in this post Beta landscape. Mobs are smoking ALL of the Crack now, not just on special occasions, and the nerf to Mag trap uses, as well as its inability to actually do what it advertises itself to do, has led to Elites running unimpeded, by the one safety net I had with the BH.

I'll be going back for Gold ANB, I just needed time to learn to use SS properly, now that it's almost literally mandatory. By trial 138 or so, Old Mags was borderline worthless in Bronze for me, and healer Vortexes have suffered a similar, if less egregious reduction in effectiveness. Had to hustle up some serious lucky play to land at 146 finally. I do believe that Mag will now join the Frost Trap, Scatter shot and Ability Rate Retirement community /support group.

I have no idea why Mag trap got nerfed. Who of the handful of us was so greatly benefiting from it, given our general inability to make the top 10. A couple of exceptions existed of course, but I was usually one of like 5-10 Mag using top 50 BH's each ANB. But now the option of choice in building a Stalker has been basically removed. Long live homogenization.

OH, and yeah dodge is cool until it's not and you eat the proverbial dirt. I find 2-4 sources of dodge on the other 2 classes to be much more useful, as it supplements their defensive options. Not just acting as the lone throw away defensive ability for the BH. They should rename the Glass Cannon mage ability, to Bounty Hunter skin.
      Last edited by DethStrike; 02-02-2021, 03:22 AM.

that top 2 bhs are using a bug, which will likely be fixed at some point... But yeah, from what I've seen BHs are a flimsy people Regarding dodge - returns are a bit less 'diminishing' than it looks - I mean going from 50% dodge chance to 75% doubles your toughness. But of course it's a somewhat fake toughness, as when you do eat a heavy hit, it reduces nothing
    Mage: Anba
    Bounty Hunter: Gemma

Comment

This is interesting
      Our friend here has used "Dodge" enchantment for Glove
      and a specific "Dodge" ability for Passive
      His rank is good at the LB
      Attached Files
      Last edited by TheExorcist; 01-28-2021, 08:51 AM.
      Shield warrior Lover

Comment

Working...
      X