Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confusing and different terms for the same thing, resulting in misunderstandings and wasted gems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confusing and different terms for the same thing, resulting in misunderstandings and wasted gems

Game version: 1.5.42
    Windows/IOS/Android + version: N/A
    Device Model (EX: Apple iPhone7) : N/A
    Map or Trial (EX: Trial Level 92): N/A
    Player Type (EX: Mage): Mage
    Player Gear: Regalia armour set
    Abilities: Second bonus for completing the set
    Reproducible: 5/5

Current situation (bug):
    For the Regalia set, the second bonus says "Casting a frost or fire spell grants...."

The issue is that there's no description of what a "spell" is.
    In my mind, throwing a fireball From my hands is a spell, so I thought that this meant the bonus would apply for the basic attacks.
    * It doesn't.
    * The bonus seems to apply only to the middle set of things a character can do.

My issue now is that there is multiple different words being used to describe that middle set of things, causing inconsistencies and confusion.
    * In my character screen those things are labeled "Abilities."
    * Clicking on anything in there, and they are labeled "Utilities."
    * According to the Regalia set, they are called "Spells."

Based on my misunderstanding, I spent a lot of gems buying the recipes for the Regalia set, which I am no longer going to be using. I just wasted those gems because of inconsistent word use.

Expected situation (working):
    I expect that items will have one name, that will be used throughout the entire system. That there will not be different names for the same thing found in different places and referenced differently.

Steps reproduce the bug:
    1. As a mage (I've only played a maid so I have no reference for other classes.)
    2. Open the character window.
    3. NOTE: The middle section is labeled abilities.
    4. Click on an ability in the middle section.
    5. NOTE: The window describing the ability, references it as a utility.

Screenshots or Video of the bug: (add as many screenshots as you need)

I am sympathetic. The Eternium nomenclature does take some getting used to. Still learning all of it myself for sure - let alone what all the stats and effects do.

The ELR mage build seems pretty popular, and is one I have been working on - some great advice about the build can be found in the Mage Quarters:

Edit: tutorials are up-to-date for version 1.13.2. Please feel free to comment under each part or after the last one. Part -1: The ELR Cheatsheet You are aiming for the following items for the default ELR Frostbeam build: - ELR armor set: 6 pieces - GMC weapons: 2 pieces - staff and tome - Frostfire sash - Vial of Wind

As for spending Gems to buy recipes - most players learn to spend the 50k and do a free refresh to buy the recipes (the Gem costs could be - as I guess you found out - astronomical!) as per Travis' reply just today on that very topic:

... KTB

Comment

The top 10 Mages on the current leaderboard are all ELR mages; it is the dominant Mage gear set. That alone should tell you that you did not waste gold or gems investing in those recipes. That said, there is a lot to learn about each hero class, and you will need to build up some CLs in order to be more competitive. Follow Teebs advice and check out the Mage Quarters. You can post your gear and whatever issues you are having and get a lot of good advice from players who have all been through any issues that you are having. I doubt that anyone got to the top of the leaderboards without learning from other players. What is great about Eternium is the community. Experienced players share tips, advice, and even videos to help other players be successful. Best of luck to you!

Comment

Working...
      X