• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steam keeps resetting placement of menu bar

Windows 10 PC
    Eternium Game version: 1.5.81
    Platform: Steam

I keep having to go back into the Settings to change the location of the menu bar from the default Steam position along the bottom of the screen to the left side position similar to the other platforms. At first I thought it was due to a change in the game version (e.g., from 1.5.80 to 1.5.81), but now it seems to happen a lot more often.

I play mostly in Steam these days because I can minimize the game for long periods of time and immediately return to where I was without having the game crash or restart the way the PC version does when you minimize for a couple of minutes. I play across multiple platforms, so maybe settings get changed when I switch between Steam and Windows platform on the same computer.

Hmmm ... another user's experience ... I cannot duplicate your issue (Use PC HUB:OFF in Settings) on my Windows 10 PC, Eternium Ver. 1.5.81 (using Steam). The attack and abilities menus on my system remain on the left side, even after PC reboot.

Like many other I've seen here, you might try clearing your cache and/or cookies from the Steam (menu)>Setting>Web Browser>(see the 2 delete buttons) as a start. Then again, Travis is probably your best bet to get to the bottom of this.

EDITING
    After an hour or so away from gameplay, the setting "Use PC HUB" reset back to ON (ostensibly the default), so the menus that were on the left were, in fact, back on the bottom.

I can see why this would be irritating.
    Last edited by WarriorSeven; 12-08-2021, 12:42 AM.
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! BTW, nice proverb tag line...

It basically happens when I switch over to a different platform (e.g., use iPhone to update abilities at work), which is several times a day for me.

Comment

Working...
    X