Scartree Hold (Lengendary) - "Chest opens after combat"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scartree Hold (Lengendary) - "Chest opens after combat"

Daily quest, "Chemical Warfare". Upon entering Scartree Hold, my character, Maddy, a level 1791 warrior having completed 714/795 story levels, was placed outside the gates of the starting graveyard. The gates were locked to me, but the enemies behind the gate had aggroed me, firing at me but causing no damage. I was unable to target them, my AOE warrior abilities caused no damage. No matter, "if I move far enough away", I thought, "I would be out of aggro range". Nope. I could fight the enemies as I moved through the scenario but could not open any chests, always receiving the "Chest opens after combat" message, including the final chest. Defeating the Scartree priest should have ended the scenario, but it did not. I had to exit via Options > End Level. I did not receive credit for completing the scenario, I had to rerun it. The subsequent rerun started me out in the graveyard, and I had no issues.

I have noticed over the course of the past few months that at times when starting any of the daily quests, my starting location had been pretty haphazard. Sometimes I'd land in a non-playable area of the map, and the game would move me to a playable location. Other times I would just be stuck there and had to End Level. Purely random occurrence, no one story zone was immune or particularly consistent in its starting location "error". I found it greatly annoying when doing a daily it would start me out somewhere rather than the beginning of that zone. But dealt with it thinking the designers were just trying to help us out by being closer to the objective. Never had these issues with trial zones, just the regular adventure/story zone dailys.

This occurs while playing on Steam, on a desktop running Win 11, where 95% of my gameplay occurs. I've not seen this happen on my mobile (iPhone) device.
    Last edited by LiamRedbeard; 06-11-2023, 03:05 PM.

Randomised start locations occur in Story maps once you are lvl 70 and have started a map (but not necessarily completed it) 20 times - the counter of 20 starts covers all difficulty modes. It's an anti-botting measure with the downside that those starts can mess up daily quests objectives. Hopefully the actual random start locations can be looked at with the Unity rebuild of Eternium but I doubt it'll be fixed for the current Marmalade engine. Some workarounds are:-

1. Quit the level and restart until you get a good start location.
    2. Warrior - equip Leap and jump over any blocking obstacles. You can freely swap skills in Story maps, albeit the swapped in skill will go on immediate cooldown so you'll need a short wait before it can be used.
    3. Bounty Hunter - fire some Heatseeker missiles over the obstacle to kill and any aggro'd mobs.
    4. Mage - if using GMC weapons then Shatter will deal with the problem enemies, otherwise something like Blizzard or Immolate should be able to hit them.

Comment

Thank you for the reply Wispy 2.0. I have only experienced this on my warrior, I do not play my mage that often and have not built a BM. Those suggestions do nothing for the fact I could not kill the mobs behind the locked gate, and they continued to agro me throughout the story zone, including defeating the last boss. Leaping over that locked gate would have been helpful. I thought that maybe this was a Steam thing, but no, yesterday the exact same happened whilst playing on my mobile. But yes, I do not believe this will be addressed until after (or in the process of) porting Eternium over to the Unity Engine. I am sure this has been brought up in other posts.

Comment

Working...
      X