Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would LOH Be Better As A Percentage Of DPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would LOH Be Better As A Percentage Of DPS?

It just seems to me that it doesn't scale up very well at higher TLs. 2,000 is the max needed according to the experienced consensus around here, but would it be a more viable stat if it instead regenerated a percentage of damage per hit as opposed to a fixed value?

Just a thought I've been having lately. I haven't spent any time considering the implications. It might also do better if it applied to every active ability instead of only certain ones (example: it works with Singularity and Frost Beam, but not Blizzard or Immolate), but I could see that getting OP real quick.
    Champion Level 1035 -

Artemis (DPS Mage): 920K/104K/25K, TL94
    Synergy 178 • Arc/Adv 4/2 • Marcus, Robin, Endar

Estrago (Bounty Hunter): 482K/142K/51K, TL87
    Synergy 101 • Havoc 4 • Marcus, Robin

Athena (XP Mage): 446K/85K/22K, TL91
    Synergy 129 • Adv/Arc 4/2 • Marcus, Eileen, Robin

Mobile • As Of May 24th, 2018

#JustSpamLess: Responsive Controls Are For Skrebz

Originally posted by Melchiah View Post
    It just seems to me that it doesn't scale up very well at higher TLs. 2,000 is the max needed according to the experienced consensus around here, but would it be a more viable stat if it instead regenerated a percentage of damage per hit as opposed to a fixed value?

Just a thought I've been having lately. I haven't spent any time considering the implications. It might also do better if it applied to every active ability instead of only certain ones (example: it works with Singularity and Frost Beam, but not Blizzard or Immolate), but I could see that getting OP real quick.
    I would love a buff on this actually. It does work fine as is so i dont think it will receive one any time soon....
    But i do like the idea of making a character that has JUST enough life to survive a hit, with an attack speed of 8.5+ and what would basically be 10,000 LoH.

I assume you mean % of actual DPS not sheet DPS? like for every 100 points you deal you regain 5 (5% LoH) ? That would probably be great and would give a way to give out pretty big range of % values. They would need be much lower than what we are used to i think, .1-5% because you get 60% on 3 gear items.....
    which is probably why they dont do it...to maintain the control
    Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
    Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
    see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
    and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
    It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post

I would love a buff on this actually. It does work fine as is so i dont think it will receive one any time soon....
      But i do like the idea of making a character that has JUST enough life to survive a hit, with an attack speed of 8.5+ and what would basically be 10,000 LoH.

I assume you mean % of actual DPS not sheet DPS? like for every 100 points you deal you regain 5 (5% LoH) ? That would probably be great and would give a way to give out pretty big range of % values. They would need be much lower than what we are used to i think, .1-5% because you get 60% on 3 gear items.....
      which is probably why they dont do it...to maintain the control
      Yeah, it would be % of damage per hit, not % of aggregate Damage as displayed. Then LOH would also interact with Power, CR, and CD.

It's just that as a fixed value like it currently is, it becomes less and less useful at higher TLs, making Vitality the only real dependable option for soaking. That means it has to be balanced against Damage buffs, but Damage is something of which every player needs as much as possible. The only way to increase LOH recovery is to sacrifice more important stats by adding instances of LOH buffs.

Mages in particular take a hit there because they don't benefit from Dodge, MS, or Armor bonuses like BH and Warrior do. Unless they're willing to sacrifice Damage for Vitality and/or Armor (which in the long term will always be a losing proposition), their only other option is to recover the HP lost to one attack before the next attack hits. But again, the inevitable progress-obsoletion of LOH means substantially diminishing returns there, making it gradually less effective as an option.
      Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Agreed. Might be something that should become a poll for the community.....hum...

I would like that a lot actually. At least adding in CR and CD to it. So that even a 200LOH could crit into a 20k LoH

I've actually been thinking on that sacrifice myself for my BH. Another event and I have some more celestials.
        Cr,CD,AR
        Then what? It already has 90 vit.

MS on BOTH boots and pants. Okay why not I like 2 MS.
        Already at trial 117 damage increase is so novel it seems only abilities matter much. So dropping 80-90 damage on there doesn't seem worth it.
        But making the REST of the gear LoH?!?
        Only problem I see is I already FILL my 320k toughness back up with a single RF. What does a % of my damage do? Does it even really effect the play much any more since when I die it's a one hit kill or where I get those hits from a wall of arrows/fireballs.

And sadly you can just roll up the c-box and test it.
        Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
        Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
        see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
        and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
        It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
          Agreed. Might be something that should become a poll for the community.....hum...

I would like that a lot actually. At least adding in CR and CD to it. So that even a 200LOH could crit into a 20k LoH

I've actually been thinking on that sacrifice myself for my BH. Another event and I have some more celestials.
          Cr,CD,AR
          Then what? It already has 90 vit.

MS on BOTH boots and pants. Okay why not I like 2 MS.
          Already at trial 117 damage increase is so novel it seems only abilities matter much. So dropping 80-90 damage on there doesn't seem worth it.
          But making the REST of the gear LoH?!?
          Only problem I see is I already FILL my 320k toughness back up with a single RF. What does a % of my damage do? Does it even really effect the play much any more since when I die it's a one hit kill or where I get those hits from a wall of arrows/fireballs.

And sadly you can just roll up the c-box and test it.
          It's mainly my experience with the Mage that made me wonder about this. I found BH's LOH recovery using RF + LS to be just as immediate as you say at 141K + 1800 LOH, and it becomes a much better option once combined with Assault 6 and SS 10 (which is what I assume you're using).

BH's advantage there is mainly due to the speed at which BH's shots travel compared to Mage's AB. If BH takes a hard hit and needs to get that HP back fast, he can. Mage's options are limited to Singularity and AB (both of which travel slower than BH's bullets) or AL 10 if facing a large enough mob. Plus if BH can't recover quickly enough due to tactical circumstances at that moment, he has better odds due to higher Dodge Rate and evading speeds.

CR and CD factoring in with the current independent set LOH value would also be an improvement, but I figure it would be easier to just make it a % of damage per hit as the base so that CD and CR would factor in "organically." Plus CD and CR with a high enough LOH value like the ones currently possible seems like it might border on OP, so just make it % of DPH-based and keep the buff ceiling per instance reasonable. That would ensure that players would have to focus on Power as well to really make LOH under that system consistently dependable.

LOH as a DPH % could possibly help Warrior stay on par as well, but I say that having never played one and going only by what I've read about that Class. Tanks typically make less use of HP recovery for obvious reasons and Warrior seems like he has fewer DPS options, so what I'm suggesting could just as easily hurt him as much as it would help a Mage. For that matter, it also could make BH OP.
          Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Also, even at TL90 and only T 104K (and barring control/targeting sketch-outs... *siiiiigh*), one-hits are rare for my Mage (Muk + Necro is helping the most with that, it seems), so rare that I wanna call "cheese" when they happen. So they're not the only kind of hit that lands. Lesser melee enemies can also slip through and tag you once or twice during big pulls, and LOH helps there as well because you know that next volley of arrows isn't gonna wait for you to clear that little bugger.
            Champion Level 1035 -

Comment

Working...
            X