Revive Story mode with daily quests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revive Story mode with daily quests

You browse through the three planets and some of the maps have a note on them. You tap/click on it and it reads "Increased chance to drop an Apprentice set item" or "Increased chance to drop a Hailstorm"; different maps every day. Small chance, I am not talking about raining Assault boots, just ensure that 1 item drops at most every 2-3 runs.
    Another map has the note "+20% Gemstone drop rate" or a similar note for Gold, again for that day.
    Three of those "flagged" maps every day; 2 have notes for set items (cycles through classes and sets) and the 3rd is one of gemstones, gold or named items.

Set items drop as Rare/Epic/Legendary quality for Normal/Heroic/Legendary difficulty respectively.

Stats are intentionally mid-range, so as to not replace the TL80/100 farming, but instead be used to relief some of the frustration on early players who "just can't drop that Juggernaut chest armor" or "haven't seen a Mukraiser in 600 CLs".

Also, maybe by cycling a small gemstone boost on a different map every day, will help the people who's brain is turning to pulp after 5k SoA runs.

Thoughts?
    I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

+1. Nice. This would also add incentive to and break up the monotony of Gem-farming re-runs, and would further enhance any future Acts.

Quasi-related to Story Mode revival: Class-specific story-based side mission maps. Mage is called on to rescue a kidnapped mentor from a minotaur in a dungeon. BH gets a contract to chase down some mythical beast. Warrior returns to his home village to complete a rite of passage that will help him figure out why he sucks so much. Etc.
    Champion Level 1035 -

Artemis (DPS Mage): 920K/104K/25K, TL94
    Synergy 178 • Arc/Adv 4/2 • Marcus, Robin, Endar

Estrago (Bounty Hunter): 482K/142K/51K, TL87
    Synergy 101 • Havoc 4 • Marcus, Robin

Athena (XP Mage): 446K/85K/22K, TL91
    Synergy 129 • Adv/Arc 4/2 • Marcus, Eileen, Robin

Mobile • As Of May 24th, 2018

#JustSpamLess: Responsive Controls Are For Skrebz

Comment

SoA should have 3x Gemstone drop rate.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist View Post
        SoA should have 3x Gemstone drop rate.

That is all.

Yes. Because nothing says diversity & variety better than tripling the incentive for those 10 second runs in that one map that already has a counter in the 4 digits.
        I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post

Yes. Because nothing says diversity & variety better than tripling the incentive for those 10 second runs in that one map that already has a counter in the 4 digits.
          You're doing it wrong if your counter is in the 4 digits. Just sayin'

I may have ran that map several hundred times, but the counter is still <20 because waiting for the victory takes more time than abandoning does.
          ANB#3 Mage rank #91 TL95
          Exclusively mobile player

Comment

OP do you play Diablo 3? Cuz that sounds exactly like bounties except bounties are endless and what you are suggesting is a fixed daily quest(s)

Comment

It's It even better if the had slightly larger maps...

You could hide special enemies in there with drops guaranteed and stuff.

Guess in a way that could still be done....
              "One of ragadams minnions has an object of power, find them and slay them to claim in for the light somewhere on *planets name* before time runs out!"

Now you need play each level until you are lucky...
              Lord Emperor of Bridge Navigational Systems Engineer for:
              Eternium 2: Rise of the bounty Hunters
              see post:https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...pply-for-a-job
              and https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...414-eternium-2

Do NOT hire Xagan! He works for the enemy!!!

Friend code: GEBA WABE WADI 4184

If it's spelled bad. Horrible Grammar. Random words. No photo I was talking about. Or cut off mid sentence...
              It's my tablet, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by tshell View Post
                You're doing it wrong if your counter is in the 4 digits. Just sayin'
                I may have ran that map several hundred times, but the counter is still <20 because waiting for the victory takes more time than abandoning does.
                There's an internal counter which includes every run, even if you abandoned.

Comment

Working...
                X